PDA

View Full Version : Is my 360 ok?

J.Waddo
09-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Ok, before I was just playing some Halo 3 three on my xbox, then all of a sudden all the power in my house went off and then immediately came back on, but when my 360 came back on the 3 RRoD were flashing, I didn't know what to do so I turned the power off, turned it back on 10 seconds later, and everything was fine, so I went back to playing Halo 3. Nothing like this has happened to me before so I just wanted to make sure if everything was ok or not?

Wargasm
09-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Ok, before I was just playing some Halo 3 three on my xbox, then all of a sudden all the power in my house went off and then immediately came back on, but when my 360 came back on the 3 RRoD were flashing, I didn't know what to do so I turned the power off, turned it back on 10 seconds later, and everything was fine, so I went back to playing Halo 3. Nothing like this has happened to me before so I just wanted to make sure if everything was ok or not?

yeah its fine you just have to turn it back on and it should work but if it starts freezing alot then you have a problem

DigitalFury
09-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Hm, seems to be okay... for now. The fact that it showed three red lights is always troublesome as almost every time it symbolizes the death of the system, either immediately or sometime in the near future. You're sure it was 3? If so, I would expect it to die sometime within the next month or so. Of course, I could be completely wrong, but I am just going by other stories I've heard.

georgiandben
09-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Mine did the exact same thing..it was fine for awhile but mine died because of e74 which im pretty sure had nothing to do with the brief RROD i had. So you should be ok.

neok182
09-02-2008, 12:56 AM
i live in south florida and we lose power a lot.

as far as i can tell if your playing a game and you lose power it kinda freaks the 360 out a bit and it will flash 3-4 red lights. just turn it off, unplug everything and about a minute later your good.

happened to me about 5-6 times now. oh and i would STRONGLY recommenced that if you live in an area that loses power a lot to get a surge protector for it.

ShaunMichael80
09-02-2008, 12:58 AM
mine did that once, it happen to me like 3 months ago and mine is ok

EvilestBean
09-02-2008, 02:21 AM
Sounds freaky, my hasnt had any RRoD's yet, ive had it for about nearly two years now:)

Pashos
09-02-2008, 02:34 AM
Once my power went out while I was playing and nothing happened. I guess I'm lucky though because I have had mine for a year and a half with no problems.

J.Waddo
09-02-2008, 08:03 AM
@ DigitalFury: Yeh it was definately the 3 RRoD.

Ok, it seems like its going to be ok for now, I hope. I suppose i'll just have to wait and see.

aussiestatic
09-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Yeah man its fine. It happens to me alot aswell :) (i experience alot of power surges especially during summer)
I was a bit scared to see the RROD but yeah i think its just warning you theres a sudden loss of power.

nothing to worry about.

Chimhog
09-02-2008, 08:18 AM
I think its to do with the power pack. You get the same sort of lights when the cable to the transformer is not plugged in properly.

vI Starlight Iv
09-02-2008, 04:07 PM
the power will surge and cause a fit for your 360 should be fine now though