PDA

View Full Version : Dont buy read why !!!!!!!!!

touchmynoodle55
09-02-2008, 02:48 AM
The game is stupid just the same exact thing every year if your going to get it rent it!

davie mac
09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
The game is stupid just the same exact thing every year if your going to get it rent it!

First off your subject title is very misleading and second no disrespect but because its essentially the same game is no reason to start a thread about why not to buy the game. Most people who are interested in the game tend to expect this anyway.

If your going to start a thread like this have some viable information in it that. Telling people to not buy it because its the same thing as last year isn't news or even note worthy as every one knows this. Its the essentially the same game with new features to it, will this stop people from buying it? No.

My point being no need to start a thread stating an irrelevant statement that basically everyone already knows.

Da CRU Mughhh
09-02-2008, 02:18 PM

im gonna have to say lock this down :locked this has no point.. of course its gonna be the same as the year before, its wrestling. its just like how all the madden games are roughly the same as well. you can only do so much with a sports game to make it different. and plus some of us buy games like this cause they are easy to complete and to get easy achievement points!

:locked

CoachCO62
09-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Why is it that Madden sells better than any other game year after year it is the same thing. It is essentially just a new roster with a few tweaks, what is the difference between this series and the madden series? Nothing, same thing with NBA live, NHL, MLB its always the same with sports/fighting games. Hell even Call of duty games are rarely different.

touchmynoodle55
09-03-2008, 02:03 AM
I belive i should warn people of yukes trap of convincing new people and more and more people to buy the game consistantly every year when its the same $|-|!T evry year.

Bishop24
09-03-2008, 02:07 AM
Why is it that Madden sells better than any other game year after year it is the same thing. It is essentially just a new roster with a few tweaks, what is the difference between this series and the madden series? Nothing, same thing with NBA live, NHL, MLB its always the same with sports/fighting games. Hell even Call of duty games are rarely different.

While your mentioning NBA Live, you might as well mention the NBA 2K series as well with the same graphics in 2K7 and 2K8, the same achievements in both 2K7 and 2K8 and the same gameplay in 2K7 and 2K8.

Call of Duty is the same every year? Call of Duty 4 is one of the best, if not the best, online game ever. And they completely changed the game, they went from WWII to Modern Warfare. So it's not rarely different, it's a huge difference. CoachCo, don't take anything I say personal, I'm just making a discussion.

As to the OP, yes this game is the same every year, but people like me who are WWE fans have no other game to play. So we wind up buying it. Now with TNA Impact! coming out this year, maybe that will make for competition and the WWE games will get better as now they have a game competing with them.

brak4222
09-06-2008, 07:39 AM
This thread is pointless...

Bloody Sky
09-10-2008, 06:38 PM
While I do agree that for the past few years it has been, pretty much, the same game over and over. But it's fun to create a wrestler, take him from nothing to #1, so I don't care much.

But this year will be different. Instead of just one story mode for every wrestler, there will be 6 different story lines in the "Road to Wrestlemania" mode. And then there will probably, hopefully, still be a story line for your CAWs.
Even unlocking stuff has a new twist to it. In "Road to Wrestlemania" Mode there will be certain mini adjectives that you can complete. Like say you beat a wrestler last week in 2 minutes, the next week it might say something along the lines of "BONUS: Beat this weeks opponent in under 2 minutes.". By completing those you will unlock stuff.
They say it will take roughly 14 hours to complete all 6 story lines once. Which is better than the usually 5, or so, hours to complete once for Smackdown and once for Raw story lines.

And as we all probably know, tag team matches have had a big improvement.
Can't wait to try out "Create-a-Finisher".
Also, not to mention the new match types.

You got to remember. Midway is coming out with TNA games now, so they have competition. I remember back when WCW was releasing games, WWE would be releasing games that were amazing, for its time.
They can't just keep remaking the same game over and over every year now, or people will go play the TNA games instead.

KING CRUZ 777
09-17-2008, 12:59 AM
type in WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2009 on IGN
and tatoo self-ownage on your forehead

touchmynoodle55
09-17-2008, 01:01 AM
While I do agree that for the past few years it has been, pretty much, the same game over and over. But it's fun to create a wrestler, take him from nothing to #1, so I don't care much.

But this year will be different. Instead of just one story mode for every wrestler, there will be 6 different story lines in the "Road to Wrestlemania" mode. And then there will probably, hopefully, still be a story line for your CAWs.
Even unlocking stuff has a new twist to it. In "Road to Wrestlemania" Mode there will be certain mini adjectives that you can complete. Like say you beat a wrestler last week in 2 minutes, the next week it might say something along the lines of "BONUS: Beat this weeks opponent in under 2 minutes.". By completing those you will unlock stuff.
They say it will take roughly 14 hours to complete all 6 story lines once. Which is better than the usually 5, or so, hours to complete once for Smackdown and once for Raw story lines.

And as we all probably know, tag team matches have had a big improvement.
Can't wait to try out "Create-a-Finisher".
Also, not to mention the new match types.

You got to remember. Midway is coming out with TNA games now, so they have competition. I remember back when WCW was releasing games, WWE would be releasing games that were amazing, for its time.
They can't just keep remaking the same game over and over every year now, or people will go play the TNA games instead.
Great i couldnt agree more ...

wyndorf666
09-18-2008, 03:48 PM

Nah. I'm gonna buy it.

Updated roster and the cheesements alone do it for me. Sure, the series has been a little stale for the last couple of years, but they're still a very playable games - if you really like wrestling - which I do.

Hell, you never know, this year could be the year that see's some major changes. The control system is meant to be ace - but then it was a PR guy saying that. Still, it won't be worse than TNA iMPACT! and I bought and played that.

Why not give it a chance? The way I see it, it could be the best wrestling game ever - yet because you're convincing yourself it's "exactly" the same as last years - you're gonna hate it as soon as you see the start screen.

Maybe I'm bias, I mean so much fun is to be had by hooking up with a few friends online - and playing a HIAC match - with the unspoken rule being; Nobody hits anyone, until we're all on the roof. Good times.

Bloody_Hitman666
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM

exactly just about every sports game is the same thing year after year with new rosters and features but they still sell

DCS 23
09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
thats it?
thats not really a reason why is it..!

im still goin to get even though u took the time to tell me not to because its the same as last year..

i dont recall tag team finishers and create a finisher in the last games..!

If you dont like it then dont buy it its as simple as that..!

DarkGin87
10-02-2008, 04:36 PM

Hi
this my first post sorry sorry for grammar

anyway i played smack down games since the first and i even played raw on xbox 1

even though it was the same company making it they always added new stuff every year

since they join the games up it has been alot better and more fun to play

this year it brings even more of what fans want

DLC
updated roster
CO-OP
updated on line
inferno match
more moves
create a finisher
so why isn't it worth it?

ill buy it and i bet my xbox on it that you buy it too even if you rent it first

xJMx Joker
10-05-2008, 11:46 AM
i'm definately going to buy it when it comes out :) already pre-ordered for double reward points :). But on topic, you'll find that most sequels look or sound "the same", but theres alot of changes in all of them. For example, FIFA is basically the Smackdown of football games. Was stale for a couple of years, same control system, they listened to the fans and now theyve improved it.

This is exactly what theyve done with Smackdown 09. You could argue its the same old "$|-|!T" but, hey, if t works, and people buy it, who cares?

Jappe XBA
10-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi
this my first post sorry sorry for grammar

anyway i played smack down games since the first and i even played raw on xbox 1

even though it was the same company making it they always added new stuff every year

since they join the games up it has been alot better and more fun to play

this year it brings even more of what fans want

DLC
updated roster
CO-OP
updated on line
inferno match
more moves
create a finisher

so why isn't it worth it?

ill buy it and i bet my xbox on it that you buy it too even if you rent it first

Wow, I didn't know that there is co-op mode, defenitly buying this :D
That create finisher is also pretty neat. And easy achievements :)

agentplatypus
10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for letting me know OP.

/sarcasm

Djen
10-07-2008, 02:05 PM
I'll buy it but not until later. I feel it's pointless to spend full price on a game's core unchanged from last year. I see gameplay videos and they are just a bore as I've already done all that stuff before. It's all about the new roster and their new rehash of a Season Mode stuck along side a Story mode.

Another stupid move was to remove the GM Mode when they can really work wonders with it if they developed it further enough to bypass all their stupid AI problems.

DLC - Awaiting if it's worthwhile or not.
updated roster - They looks cool.. that's nice.
CO-OP - I've had no problem with Co-OP last year. They just re did AI.
updated on line - One of the few reason I keep these games.
inferno match - Yawn
more moves - Yawn
create a finisher - Nice Idea but would be good to introduce Back and Ground finishers

I'm usally quite hyped for a Smackdown game but this is the first time I looked at the first Gameplay videos and faceplamed of how old Yuke's engine is getting.

MakeshiftMinty
10-07-2008, 05:07 PM
I know this game wont much different than 2008 but i hope they have some of the features from the old games that were very good.
In the smackdown series on playstation where it had the titles and ranked the rest of the wrestler in a ladder to who could challenge for the title.
Also the season modes on the first smackdown where it carried on the programs and put out opponents for you that you had to fight for week after week.

l.maciver
10-07-2008, 08:10 PM
most people dont care, mainly because thats what alot of games are like.
first person shooter squeals, NFL, basketbal, soccer and racing, not much has changed, still the same but with some differances...

SlayerKing
10-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Someone please delete this thread.

Although i'm not a big fan of wrestling games, the achievements look pretty easy. So i'm probably gonna rent this, get the achievements, and then buy used when it's like $5 tops at gamestop for my xbox 360 collecton. Don't say it's the same game when you know that every sports game is pretty much the same every single year.

Jiga.Puzzle.5
10-07-2008, 09:58 PM
So you woke you today and said "I feel like judging a game before I buy it,or hell even play a demo,or see a full trailer for the game." Is that that did Mr.Noodles if I may call you Mr.Noodles pardon my French,but you Mr.Noodle are a N00B.

Hammer 5O2
10-07-2008, 10:07 PM
i'll rent, i mean how much more different can the actual wresting part of the game get? yea there are new features and such but does not make it a justifiable 60 dollar purchase in this holiday season IMO.

Nightdragon
10-08-2008, 02:25 AM
had several reports of this thread coming into my emails, no need to get into a flamewar over what is essentially going to be opinion. If you like wrestling games get it, if you want mroe points, get it, if you dont want either, dont get it.

Simple.

You don't HAVE to play games you know...