PDA

View Full Version : EASY High Mileage Achievement

Epic CheezWhiz
09-02-2008, 08:32 AM
EDIT: I probably should have checked this first but I just did another test to see how long it would take to do 1 mile, and it was 5 minutes. Which would mean if you did it for 8 hours a day it would take 11 Days to do.

So probably scratch what I said about being easy, it's not and extremely time consuming.

---

I got to thinking about this achievement and it brought me back to DiRT.

Do you remember the 1,000 Miles Achievement Glitch that was found where you drove off a cliff? Well this works similar to that way only a little different.

This is what you do (I've tested this and it works)

1) Start up a LeMans 24Hour Race (really 24 hours, the longest possible)

2) Find a decent size patch of dirt off the road and start doing a donut (if you keep the trigger down the car keeps on spinning) miles on that car increase while doing donuts, and like DiRT, you can go to sleep or goto work and let it do that all day or night.

3) Once you get home or wake up in the morning you can retire from the race and you will keep your current miles on that car. I don't know exactly how many miles you would get in 1 day/night, I just tested this tonight but i'll test how many miles per hour you would get tonight.

plumbpist
09-02-2008, 02:14 PM
...Or you could just get it while you are racing for experience online, your way seems like an awful lot of work and rough on the xbox...24 hours running? Seriously?

VileBabas
09-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Yea, i must agree!
Just play online and you will get it in no time...

b3nnyth3gr33k
09-05-2008, 09:47 PM
i may do this set up a fan blowing on my 360 and open my window fully:)

VileBabas
09-05-2008, 09:54 PM
i may do this set up a fan blowing on my 360 and open my window fully:)
Seriously??? OK! its your choice but honestly just race on career or online and you will get when you least expect it!

Plus, it will probably spare you some life on the xbox....

stephenmilne27
09-05-2008, 09:55 PM
i got it easily, just by doing loads of online play by doing the same races such as demolition derbies all the time and just made my way up to legend at the same time.

Achiever TM
10-09-2008, 12:11 PM
i got it easily, just by doing loads of online play by doing the same races such as demolition derbies all the time and just made my way up to legend at the same time. that's how i got my achievement too!!it's the easiest way

Darth Cuda
01-02-2009, 01:19 AM
I'm getting mine just by playing the career mode...

Squids
01-04-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm getting mine just by playing the career mode...
Same here :)

DominicH1712
01-06-2009, 06:28 PM
EDIT: I probably should have checked this first but I just did another test to see how long it would take to do 1 mile, and it was 5 minutes. Which would mean if you did it for 8 hours a day it would take 11 Days to do.

Are you sure that is right, during a 12 minute Le Mans race with the R10 TDi, I manage to cover around 36 KM, which is roughly 22 Miles, which is just under a mile every 30 seconds.

OctagonQontrol
01-07-2009, 04:23 PM
I found doing this achievement the simplest by taking the Skyline on the Spa-circuit and driving that over and over again. It's 95% full throttle and after 2 runs, you know every single turn so with good sponsoring you can get some good money as well.

DominicH1712
01-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Sorry, I got my figures wrong, it' actually 57km per 12 minute race, which is 35.4 Miles, Which is 2.95 Miles a minute roughly, and like Spa, Le Mans is full throttle most of the way, with only a couple of remotely tricky corners.

Barad
01-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Career mode will keep ya busy for some time on mileage..