PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

Tenacious
09-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Well I made this thread because I was wondering, what options do I have if my xbox gets the RROD/dies of something else and my xbox is out of warranty? Also, is there a way to buy any more warranty for your xbox?

neok182
09-02-2008, 05:12 PM
everyone has a 3 year warranty on the RROD. to my understanding thats from the date you turned the console on/registered it. so for that you'll probably be okay.

anything else you have one year from the date you bought it. you could of bought an extended warranty through who ever you bought it from if they offered it but MS does not offer any extra warranty.

Tenacious
09-02-2008, 05:33 PM
everyone has a 3 year warranty on the RROD. to my understanding thats from the date you turned the console on/registered it. so for that you'll probably be okay.

anything else you have one year from the date you bought it. you could of bought an extended warranty through who ever you bought it from if they offered it but MS does not offer any extra warranty.

I bought my console from eBay, and when I last called Microsoft, they told me my warranty had run out.

So basically, if my xbox dies, I have to buy a new one?

Tubson57
09-02-2008, 05:46 PM
I think the warranty starts when the console is manufactured because I have an older model, but I didnt register it until like a year ago or so, and my warranty has expired. So you can probably pay for it to get fixed, or go buy a new console.

vI Starlight Iv
09-02-2008, 06:16 PM
its all done by serial no.....so turn on is where its at

and you may find that the previous owner had a issue and got it repaired and that means a three month warranty after repairs

BouncingBalls22
09-02-2008, 07:36 PM
My xbox's disc drive broke some time ago and my xbox's warranty was over. So I had to pay 100$ to repair it and they added another year of warranty

Tenacious
09-03-2008, 10:38 PM
SPEAK OF THE MOTHERF--KING DEVIL

My xbox just got the E74 error

eXiled Killah
09-03-2008, 10:48 PM
SPEAK OF THE MOTHERF--KING DEVIL

My xbox just got the E74 error

74 - A/V Cable - Check plugged in - try another one. There is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU.

LINK: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6259

laundryman
09-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Next time you buy one, get it at Best Buy. Sign up for their warranty. You can just renew it when it ends.

Nerotic Shadows
09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
The earliest warranties should run out is the end of November, as the 360 will barely be celebrating it's 3rd birthday then.

If you go to the Xbox website and register your console and serial on there, you should find a page telling you your warranty status, which is just the standard 1 year one. Add 2 years onto that and that's when your RROD warranty should run out from what i can tell.