PDA

View Full Version : transferring game saves

Agent Earl
09-02-2008, 10:50 PM
i did a bunch of stuff on a game and got almost all the achievements in it and it took me forever and then i got a new account on a diff xbox.

is there a way to transfer just that games memory and that games gamerscore to my new xbox?

EvilestBean
09-02-2008, 10:56 PM
How about transfering them to a memory card? then put that memory card on your new xbox. Sorry for the sucky response, im not that good in that area but i thought id give my bit of help:)

JC
09-02-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm afraid it is not possible to transfer saves between profiles/accounts. Sorry.

It is probably a system put in place by MS to thwart gamesaving and suchlike.

plumbpist
09-02-2008, 11:07 PM
How about transfering them to a memory card? then put that memory card on your new xbox. Sorry for the sucky response, im not that good in that area but i thought id give my bit of help:)

^same thing I was gonna say, so I hope its not that sucky of a response!

Tenacious
09-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Why did you get a new account if it took you that long?

razzleson
09-03-2008, 12:34 AM
It's not possible to transfer gamesaves to a new account unless you do it by shady ways, which is highly frowned upon in the Xbox LIVE community, and in some cases, results in a permanent ban on LIVE.

kantizuni
09-03-2008, 12:42 AM
....transfer your account to the new xbox. You don't have to make a whole new account just because you are using a new xbox.

vI Starlight Iv
09-03-2008, 06:39 PM
yeh just restore your gamertag easy proccess and you wont have any mucking around

Pashos
09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Just use the same account on the second xbox and transfer your saves from the hard drive to a memory card and then to the new hard drive.

jonnyMAGNUM
09-03-2008, 08:48 PM
There's two ways to do this, one of which is the easy way. You can do what everybody's been saying and recover your gamertag on your new console, or the hard way is wait until your gold account expires, then go and sign up for the free month of gold again and it'll ask you to change your gamertag, but it will carry all of your achievements over.

I did this by accident on my friend's console. He had a dummy account and when I went to sign up for the free month, it asked me to change my name, I did so and it carried all the achievements over. Sucky thing was there was a bunch of stupid games on there with 0 of 1000 like MLB 2K6.

Agent Earl
09-11-2008, 01:59 AM
well my bro took over my old account and i cant get it back, thats why i started a new one

Parkerktm
09-11-2008, 04:38 AM
I'm afraid it is not possible to transfer saves between profiles/accounts. Sorry.

It is probably a system put in place by MS to thwart gamesaving and suchlike.

Incorrect! ;)

I had an old account (Parker317) and i used this method that i found online to sign in with 1 controller, and then do this technique with another controller tricking the account into thinking controller 1 was signed into a different account then it really was, and the account on controller one signs out automatically which controller 2 has no accounts signed in anymore. It's tricky but it works. After i lost all my points on my other account and decided to make a new one i went looking for ways, as i did not want to play Bioshock, Forza 2, PGR4, DIRT, NCAA 08, Madden 08, UNO etc over again. The game thinks the game save is yours and it duplicates it onto your account. It's tricky though, as it can screw you over, help, or just not work sometimes. It doesn't work on all games though, i had to completely go through and beat Bioshock, PGR4, NCAA 08, Madden 08, UNO etc etc all over again while i got lucky with Forza 2 and DIRT. Sadly though it didn't unlock certain achievements, like the global and european rally achievements for DIRT, and achievements in Forza like Car level 5 (Yes i had about 20 vehicles with lvl 20). I have not used it since Feb. because i have not needed it, as either the games on my other account are not worth playing again or there just easy games.

JC
09-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Incorrect! ;)

I had an old account (Parker317) and i used this method that i found online to sign in with 1 controller, and then do this technique with another controller tricking the account into thinking controller 1 was signed into a different account then it really was, and the account on controller one signs out automatically which controller 2 has no accounts signed in anymore. It's tricky but it works. After i lost all my points on my other account and decided to make a new one i went looking for ways, as i did not want to play Bioshock, Forza 2, PGR4, DIRT, NCAA 08, Madden 08, UNO etc over again. The game thinks the game save is yours and it duplicates it onto your account. It's tricky though, as it can screw you over, help, or just not work sometimes. It doesn't work on all games though, i had to completely go through and beat Bioshock, PGR4, NCAA 08, Madden 08, UNO etc etc all over again while i got lucky with Forza 2 and DIRT. Sadly though it didn't unlock certain achievements, like the global and european rally achievements for DIRT, and achievements in Forza like Car level 5 (Yes i had about 20 vehicles with lvl 20). I have not used it since Feb. because i have not needed it, as either the games on my other account are not worth playing again or there just easy games.
So your method sort of works. ;)

Sanction
09-11-2008, 01:03 PM
So your method sort of works. ;)

His method is also a form of cheating.

Yann
09-11-2008, 02:01 PM
His method is also a form of cheating.

There are legitimate reasons in wanting to get your game saves onto a different account. I realise it's a form of cheating and most people do it to whore gamerscore but for people who seriously dont wanna replay a game for 10 hours again because they had already done it on a different account I dont think we can judge them under the same boat as the gamesavers.