PDA

View Full Version : Developer admits Saints Row 2 will have "bugs"

Bishop24
09-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Developer Volition admits that Saints Row 2 "won't be bug free" when it releases. Speaking at the game's unveiling in London, a Volition producer says no title ships bug free, but that the studio is going to do its best to polish the title before it releases this year. He even says the company has "a full QA team" on the project, which given the issues with the first title causes us to imagine it only had a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig named Mortimer testing it.

Admitting off the bat there will be bugs is refreshing honesty from a developer, but it's more like preemptive damage control spurred by the fact that Saints Row was known for its comedic code issues. In fact, the bugs were so ridiculous in the game that there was a musical made about them (which can also be found after the break for those afraid of links).Source: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/05/developer-admits-saints-row-2-will-have-bugs/)

YouTube - Buggy Saints Row: The Musical

ShaunMichael80
09-02-2008, 11:39 PM
lol...at least they admitted it...every game does, they just dont say it thinking it will hurt sales

laundryman
09-03-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't think that it's necessary to say that. Of course the game will have bugs. All games do.

Kolin32k
09-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Ok this is a tad worrying..

Think about it, Devs dont usually say anything and games are buggy to certain degrees, always have been.

But,

For a Dev to outspokenly admit bugs... It could be frightingly riddled with them, like even compared to the original.

Not saying It's made me personally back away, Just going to double check reviews on this one now

UCB Disco
09-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Saints 2 won't be bug free WHEN it's released?

I'm no developer, but don't you think it would only be responsible for people to finish their job before making it gold and selling it for $60? That's not only irresponsible, that is taking advantage of the consuming public.

And to reply to someone, not ALL games have glitches and/or bugs. Only the ones that weren't thoroughly reviewed for finalization. Hence why sport games always have bugs, because they make them in a couple months without giving a crap, because they knew the sports fanatic will buy the product anyway. Most times when a glitch comes up in a game, good developers are genuinely shocked, because they truly thought their product was finished (i.e. Fable II Pub Games; Lionhead had no idea that you could cheat the system, but the public sure found out fast. As soon as the company found out, they starting working on a patch.).

Something like this is an easy reason why I will not waste my money on this game.

Segnius
09-05-2008, 12:22 PM
With a sandbox game like this, I don't think it would be possible for them to find every bug in the game before release. Either way, I'd rather just deal with a few small/rare problems that will get found and corrected after release, if it means that the game will come out significantly sooner.

VileBabas
09-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I will still get this game.... lol

Evil Demon55
09-08-2008, 07:57 AM
i dont care to much about bugs... just wanna play this game!

mjc0961
09-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Am I the only one who read the topic title and instantly thought "No shit!"

All games have bugs. No matter how long the devs test for, it's never a match for the massive amount of people who will be playing when it releases. Somebody will always find something the devs missed. No way they can get them all before release.

Masta Mylez
09-20-2008, 05:10 AM
people think this sh*t will be superior then gta4. i know every gta has bugs but sr1 was horrible and sr2 will not be much better