PDA

View Full Version : Do I Suck Or Just Doing Somthing Wrong

Dla911
09-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Alright, I have been trying to do this song for a hell of along time now and i still cant do it, and i just dont know what else i can, i keep trying to practing it but i cannot get the beat down in it,

Now heres the prolblem, i can beat Most of Exeprt Songs (even downloaded ones) on the drums but i cant in the life of me beat Run to the hills on Hard, So do i just suck or just doing somthing wrong.

Matrarch
09-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Alright, I have been trying to do this song for a hell of along time now and i still cant do it, and i just dont know what else i can, i keep trying to practing it but i cannot get the beat down in it,

Now heres the prolblem, i can beat Most of Exeprt Songs (even downloaded ones) on the drums but i cant in the life of me beat Run to the hills on Hard, So do i just suck or just doing somthing wrong.

No, it's not just you. This song trips up almost everyone (though sometimes on expert and sometimes on hard). I was stuck on it for the longest time too. A couple of weeks ago I finally had that magic run where the planets aligned and I barely got through it.

I found two things really helped. One was getting through the intro section (where it's basically yellows and kicks) as close to perfectly as possibly. I haven't tried the song since beating it, but I think there are two OD phrases before all the reds come in and it really made a difference to get both of them.

Second was getting use to the kick patterns during the solo. It's faster than the rest of the song i think, so having a better sense of that helped a ton.

Otherwise I just pounded the hell out of the red drum and only worried about other colors when their either wasn't a drum roll involved or during those sections where you have to drum roll up all 4 pads. The game gives you more points for red, so that's what I went after.

It'll come eventually. The song is really tough. I know it's probably frustrating to hear at this point, but just keep at it. It'll fall eventually. :)

Dla911
09-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Well i did alittle run for the last 30 mins, the Practice i did on orange crush on expert today did help on the start of the song, i'm starting to get the red red red, yellow red red hit in but not yet almost but i after the start i just cant get the beat in it with my foot for some reason, and i can get passed the solo sometimes but the red roll kills me for some reason.

brak4222
09-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I can't do it either...

sharonoagain
09-07-2008, 03:18 AM

I'd say you suck but I'm still trying to make it through the drum career on Medium. :p

TwistedFate
09-07-2008, 03:24 AM
I'd say you suck but I'm still trying to make it through the drum career on Medium. :p

Bearing in mind I can't beat RttH on Hard either, so if Dla sucks that would mean I do to. Now I know you aren't going to tell me I suck, cause you will be singing Sabotage, Heir Kommt Alex, and Manu Chau for the rest of your life if you are.

brak4222
09-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Let's start a suck club. We can post our drum videos on YouTube where all the people commenting can tell us how much better they are....

JD FTW
09-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Same here i can play expert drums to the last tier, yet i cant beat Run to the hills on hard :s

FM880
09-10-2008, 10:35 PM
you guys are not helping the egos of those of us who have no foot coordination and are plodding through in medium! :eek:

CriscoDisco878
09-10-2008, 10:53 PM
id focus on just hitting the red and dont just keep hitting it, hit it to what sounds right, if that makes sense, like there are spaces between the reds, make sure your not hitting the crap out of it during those, with that first starpower that should get you through the song

sharonoagain
09-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Well, you do remember that I can barely play on Medium drums so my suckitude beats yours by a mile. Just sayin'.

*shutting up now* :p

spankyNspronkle
09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
One thing that I have found helps (and this is for the guys on medium) is that unlike guitar hero... if you hit a note and then miss a note... you don't move on the "fail" meter, whereas you go down in GH. So you can skip double kick drum parts as long as you hit just one of them and keep the rhythm on the pads.... this is what i did for some of the tough ones... some songs you can ignore the kick drum all together and still come no where close to failing.

GoFFe
09-16-2008, 10:35 AM
I bet Run to the hills on hard without any problems. I'm stuck on expert though. Tried it a couple of times and I can only make it to 47%.
I'll practice it some day soon though.