PDA

View Full Version : Huge props to Microsoft...

DigitalFury
09-03-2008, 02:46 PM
In such a tumultuous time, it's the responsibility of those in influential positions to use their influence in good ways. Microsoft has taken the initiative and joined forces with ROCK THE VOTE (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/rockthevote/) to try and convince their customers to cast their vote and let their voices be heard. Seriously, I can't express how important this election is for the future, and I respect the hell out of MS for getting on board with this and doing the right thing.

The point of this thread is two-fold: I wanted to give credit to Microsoft and link those of you who are of age but not registered to vote so you can get registered and cast your votes. Do the right thing.

Pashos
09-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah everyone should vote. I would vote but I'm not 18 :(

Bax x360a
09-03-2008, 02:58 PM
You seriously think Microsoft gives a crap about the voting? There is only 2 reasons why Microsoft would participate in such an event:

They are getting paid to do so.
It is good advertisement for the business.

plumbpist
09-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Free McCain/Obamma Gamerpics! Sweet!

neok182
09-03-2008, 03:43 PM
rock the vote works. regardless of microsofts reasoning for doing it. i'm glad they are.

*glares at person above for using mccain pic*

Deadly Moves
09-03-2008, 03:59 PM
You seriously think Microsoft gives a crap about the voting? There is only 2 reasons why Microsoft would participate in such an event:

LOL... Very true
I've always thought that Denis Haysbert(President Palmer in 24) should be the president ;)

DanTheManGum
09-03-2008, 05:33 PM
I also would have to be behind Microsoft in this premise. Just one little thing: Please dissolve the Electoral College.

DigitalFury
09-03-2008, 06:57 PM

A.) Does it really matter WHY Microsoft is doing this? The fact is, they're doing a very good thing.

B.) You DO realize that Bill Gates is one of, if not the, richest person on the planet and does fantastic things with his money by donating millions to charities and things of that nature; even going so far as to say that he's donating 90% of his lifetime earnings to charities when he dies. So, this may be something he just simply believes in and wants to be a part of.

Seriously, get over the jaded "Corporations and people never do anything unless there is something in it for them" attitude and just be happy that someone is doing something good.

xENVxGAMERSKREW
09-03-2008, 07:17 PM

yeah i saw that on xbox.com, its good for both, but that aint changing my mind on voting :P
plus we all know its a plot for GATES '12 lol

georgiandben
09-03-2008, 07:18 PM
I miss voting because I turn 18 two days after election day.:(

SkillfulMmd
09-03-2008, 07:20 PM
i think it's weird tbf.

Wehttam
09-03-2008, 07:24 PM
I thought this thread was a bit more general when you said rock the vote i thought you meant m$ were allowing people to voice opinions better about the xbox service and stuff, but i see they are allowing people to vote for the US election. How does it work, is it in the dashboard or something?

neok182
09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I thought this thread was a bit more general when you said rock the vote i thought you meant m$ were allowing people to voice opinions better about the xbox service and stuff, but i see they are allowing people to vote for the US election. How does it work, is it in the dashboard or something?

you'll see a little banner ad pop up around the dashboard. click on it and it brings you to the rock the vote page with videos, gamerpics and helps you register to vote if you haven't.

AllThePenguins
09-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I remember when the 'Vote or Die' campain was around and every celebrity around was jumping on the bandwagon, one funny story was that Paris Hilton was all very 'You must vote!!!' and then went and forgot to register, fucking dumb arse.

Microsoft Needs to do more in the way of getting their name out of the dirt, this is a good start I suppose, but they need to do things that really benefit the consumer like, I don't know... Make better operating systems?

jonnyMAGNUM
09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm not going to vote. I care this time around, but my single vote won't decide the president. Everybody's reaction to that is "What if everybody said that?" Well, everybody won't and that's just not the way the electoral system works in this country. My single vote doesn't matter.

dakisbac
09-03-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm not American btu maybe I'll get to vote if the rumored Canadian election happens in October. You guys think M$ will do the same thing again?

CyanideBreathMint
09-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Free McCain/Obamma Gamerpics! Sweet!
I'll take a guess: Voting for McCain are you?
I'm not American btu maybe I'll get to vote if the rumored Canadian election happens in October. You guys think M$ will do the same thing again?
I hope the hell not. Last thing I wanna see (free or not) is a fucking gamerpic of Stephen Harper.

J eVeRy DaY 514
09-04-2008, 12:44 AM
all of the vote or die campaigns, etc are getting old. maybe if popular vote actually mattered, more people would vote. simple as that. still doesn't mean i won't though.
it is what it is.