PDA

View Full Version : New Leaked Halo 3 DLC achievements

Tenacious
09-04-2008, 01:14 AM
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/206988/source-additional-mythic-halo-3-achievements-inbound/

First article, which I read on GamePro, explaining a few of the new achievements, which then leads you here,

http://forums.ascendantjustice.com/index.php?showtopic=2071&st=40&p=9239511&#entry9239511

These pictures were taken from a guy's account that was being shown at PAX. The account name is pax006, and it actually does exist, look him up!

Apparently, there are going to be 79 total achievements worth 750 gamerscore total. There are a few achievements involving the Legendary pack, so my best guess is that there will be 250 DLC achievements for each of the current map packs - Heroic, Legendary, and the newly announced Mythic pack.

One thing that baffles me is that the DLC achievements are worth so much per achievement. Overkill, Two for One, etc. were only worth 5g each. Also, the Vidmaster challenge achievements look..odd to say the least.

Also, from the looks of a few of the achievement pictures, I might be able to confirm a few more achievements besides the ones that are already confirmed.

Already Confirmed:

Double Double
On a Legendary map, got two Double Kills during a ranked or social match.

Came... From... Behind
On a Legendary map, got three assassinations during a ranked or social match.

Look Both Ways
On a Legendary map, got a Splatter Spree during a ranked or social match

Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7
Entered into a ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.

Vidmaster Challenge: Annual
After 9/25/08, completed Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.

A few of my guesses:

Ghost Patrol
3 splatter kills in a row while driving a ghost.

Blades of Fury
Got a sword spree.

Pull
Got a shotgun spree.

Hammer Time
Got a gravity hammer killing spree OR gotten 5 kills with a gravity hammer in one playlist. I don't know.

Road Rage
3 splatter kills in a row while driving a warthog

-----

If that has been posted before, forgive me, I searched before posting and I couldn't find anything.

Any thoughts?

Bishop24
09-04-2008, 01:19 AM
This has already been posted:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=89355

Son of Kyuss
09-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Awesome..... just....... awesome.

Tenacious
09-04-2008, 01:22 AM

Figured..

Oh well.. it'll get more attention in this forum at least.

ThrawnOmega
09-04-2008, 01:22 AM
It's also up in the news section on the main page, if I remember right.

nobodieshero
09-04-2008, 01:27 AM
As long as the 7 rank on the 7th month one isn't true I'm excited. but how could they do that to players if it is?

A Satyr
09-04-2008, 01:34 AM
You're waaay late to the party...

fuzzy510
09-04-2008, 05:38 AM
In order for this to be true, that would involve skulls on multiplayer maps. I'm calling bullshit until a formal announcement is made.

Fonkey Monkey
09-04-2008, 05:47 AM
1,750 is WAYYYY too much imo if that becomes the new max, 1250 is just perfect.

Parkerktm
09-04-2008, 06:38 AM

THANK YOU THANK YOU

How i did not know about this i do not know but this is sweet.

My thoughts will be in the thread above. In case you cared! ;)

Pootcrum
09-04-2008, 06:54 AM
It seems like most of these are going to be multiplayer achievements? I hate Halo multiplayer personally so I would be disappointed, and wont be getting this unless there is something worthwhile in the solo/campaign department to get.

Parkerktm
09-04-2008, 06:56 AM
It seems like most of these are going to be multiplayer achievements? I hate Halo multiplayer personally so I would be disappointed, and wont be getting this unless there is something worthwhile in the solo/campaign department to get.

Well there is that 0G achievement to complete the game on legendary while always in a ghost and no skulls.

That sounds appealing. :p

Pootcrum
09-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Well there is that 0G achievement to complete the game on legendary while always in a ghost and no skulls.

That sounds appealing. :p

Yeh exactly, as appealing as a nail to the foot.

Something I always found odd was there was no achievement for finishing the game solo on legendary, seems logical to me. And if they were going to rectify it, DLC would be the way to do it. But instead they tie in all these achievements with their precious map packs. Its crap.

Eternal
09-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Some of those achievements look way to retarded to be real. Hope they're not.

Ryot Control
09-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Yeh exactly, as appealing as a nail to the foot.

Something I always found odd was there was no achievement for finishing the game solo on legendary, seems logical to me. And if they were going to rectify it, DLC would be the way to do it. But instead they tie in all these achievements with their precious map packs. Its crap.

That's where I came to the conclusion that the increased achivement point limit will only lead to higher priced DLC for games across the board.

Pootcrum
09-04-2008, 08:17 AM
That's where I came to the conclusion that the increased achivement point limit will only lead to higher priced DLC for games across the board.

You are probably going to be right aswell. DLC was a great idea, and maybe it still is, but I rarely see any use in ANY of it to be frank.

Maka
09-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Those look legit, and super easy, especially since you can do them in social...
But then again the maps have to be put in social when released.

Xterm1n8or
09-04-2008, 11:56 AM
"After 9/25/08, completed Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts."

That sounds undoable, unless they add a mode where you are welded to a ghost right from the start....

AlphaXGamerXDad
09-04-2008, 12:10 PM
There's a larger thread that explained this. There are 4 Ghosts in the last stage, that you can finish the game with. I asked the same question you did, and was given that fairly reasonable answer. Seems like you just finish the last stage with them and not the whole game.

Xterm1n8or
09-04-2008, 12:24 PM
There's a larger thread that explained this. There are 4 Ghosts in the last stage, that you can finish the game with. I asked the same question you did, and was given that fairly reasonable answer. Seems like you just finish the last stage with them and not the whole game.

Oh cool thanks for that, I thought it meant complete the whole game on 4 player Legendary Co-op whilst riding on ghosts all the time. Haha stupid me! :p This could be legit then.

Bax x360a
09-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Really, really lame achievements in my opinion. I hate the fact that they may be increasing the limit to 1750 aswell. 1000 points is hard enough to achieve, let alone 1250, and well 1750 is just a joke. Saying that, I'd be interested in seeing what achievements Gears 2 could come up with if it had 1750 points to play with.

Korix
09-04-2008, 03:07 PM
More damn multiplayer achievements. I quit.

jonnyMAGNUM
09-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I agree. CoD4 had it right by only having campaign achievements.

Korix
09-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I fucking loved them for doing that.

jonnyMAGNUM
09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I fucking loved them for doing that.
Yeah, when I saw there were no online achievements, I was so happy I was using all sorts of words that should not be said in church. They gained so much more respect from me. And their reasoning behind it was fantastic.

Pashos
09-04-2008, 07:22 PM
But some of the online ones can be done in social matches so that will make it easier.

Maka
09-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I don't understand you guys complaining. I beat Halo 3, 3 times within the first 4 days, or about 20 hours. I've played 3000 games online or about 500 hours. Please tell me, in what sense would it be good to make more single player achievements, in 95% of the gamers play multiplayer 95% of the time?
They also add more time into the game. Because single plaer achievements you can do easily and then you are done, multiplayer achievements for the most part take longer to get and will make you play more.

Korix
09-05-2008, 12:05 AM
But some of the online ones can be done in social matches so that will make it easier.

Agreed, agreed. That does make things better.

dakisbac
09-05-2008, 02:56 AM
If these are true, which I'm doubting, then I won't be happy. More GS is a plus, I guess, but I don't really like Halo anymore so going back just for the 100% will be more a chore than anything. Plus, 1750 is a weird number, why the hell not just make it 2k?

Figgsy x360a
09-05-2008, 03:00 AM
I'm still not sure if these are legit :confused:

I hope they are though, Halo is getting pretty boring at the moment. Hmm...

Deadly Moves
09-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Those confirmed achievements look shite!!!

If thy are going to add achievements they should be more creative and not make you buy map packs...

They should add more campaign achievements IMO...
Like... Kill over 50% of the enemies with a skull.
Or Complete a level without firing a weapon
Or Complete a level only using a sword... etc etc

Looks like i might have to get rid of the game before the update

endofdayz
09-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Wouldn't Bungie release this on their website ? I hope it is for real, I would love to have a reason to play more Halo 3.

JD FTW
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Another thread??

Oh well. For a Halo fanboy, this is nothing but amazing news for me, Every acheve looks doable in the first hour of playtime with them :D

sam49
09-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Nice achievements there. Dunno whether to buy the new maps, though!

Ruthless
09-05-2008, 04:57 PM
There onr legendary map pack right? Well i brought that for 600 the day it dropped and im yet to try it!!! This will give me a good reason to start.