PDA

View Full Version : How do I fix My controller?? :(

wcgalo
09-04-2008, 05:35 AM
So today I was playing Gears of War (like always) and I as I was going to perform an active reload i realized that my [RB] (Right Bumper) button doesn't work anymore!!! :(
This really sucks! Gears of War is the only game I use the right
bumper in, though. But still, how would I get this problem fixed?
Anyone know?

Tussell
09-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Get some rubbing alcohol down in the cracks, creases, and crevice's around the part of the controller that is working bad. That should loosen up whatever the hell is in there. That is, of course, assuming that it's just sticking down. Try not to get rubbing alcohol everywhere on the controller though, it's just messy that way.

wcgalo
09-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Get some rubbing alcohol down in the cracks, creases, and crevice's around the part of the controller that is working bad. That should loosen up whatever the hell is in there. That is, of course, assuming that it's just sticking down. Try not to get rubbing alcohol everywhere on the controller though, it's just messy that way.

No it's not sticking down. My controller is in perfect shape and everything. The RB button presses down normally, it just doesn't send any response when playing a game or whatever.

Female Ninja
09-04-2008, 06:48 AM
No it's not sticking down. My controller is in perfect shape and everything. The RB button presses down normally, it just doesn't send any response when playing a game or whatever.

Here is what you do.....get a goat, paint a circle on the ground and light a bunch of candles, everywhere. Put the goat in the center of the circle, then stand on your head and recite your national anthem backwords twice then recite your alphabet Z-A. After that get a jumprope and play jumprope for 2 hours 47 minutes and 6 seconds exactly. Then, get in your car and then rev your car engine for 3 minutes and 45 seconds exactly, then drive to you local store, making sure to take the long way and buy another controller. the best I got....

DarkPyroGuy_09
09-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Here is what you do.....get a goat, paint a circle on the ground and light a bunch of candles, everywhere. Put the goat in the center of the circle, then stand on your head and recite your national anthem backwords twice then recite your alphabet Z-A. After that get a jumprope and play jumprope for 2 hours 47 minutes and 6 seconds exactly. Then, get in your car and then rev your car engine for 3 minutes and 45 seconds exactly, then drive to you local store, making sure to take the long way and buy another controller. the best I got....

If that isn't the most sarcastic remark I have ever heard. I don't know what anything.

Sorry yo tell ya man but I thing you going to have to get a new controller.

Crimson Ridley
09-04-2008, 12:37 PM

I did that, but it didn't work for mine....Although I didn't use a goat, couldn't find one, I had to use a duck. Annoying thing kept walking out of the circle!

Dude, all you can do is get a new controller or ring Microsoft and tell them, they may send you a new one......I dunno, maybe they can be nice sometimes, it's sunny today, that makes people happy.

[Waggly Bean]
09-04-2008, 01:37 PM
If you're considering getting a new one anyway, you might as well rip this one open first to see if you can fix it. If not, no loss as you were getting another anyway, right? :)

xbirdyx112
09-04-2008, 01:41 PM

LMAO he said fix his controller not bring armageddon lol

dm master
09-04-2008, 04:16 PM
hit it - it always works

but as said try canibalising it if your buying a new one it could just be a connection you could fix

UCB Disco
09-04-2008, 04:45 PM
So today I was playing Gears of War (like always) and I as I was going to perform an active reload i realized that my [RB] (Right Bumper) button doesn't work anymore!!! :(
This really sucks! Gears of War is the only game I use the right
bumper in, though. But still, how would I get this problem fixed?
Anyone know?

Dude, depending on how old you are and how good your hands are, I would just say to fix the problem yourself. Unless you are just thinking about buying a new remote for your 360.

I've taken a couple of mine apart for modding, and it's actually quite easy to do, as long as you can keep your hands still. You're going to need a Screwdriver Tamper Resistant with a torx size of 8. That's the tool you'll need to take the plate off the back of your remote. From there, you should be able to see the RB's actual button (The smaller one that actually lies right under the plastic piece you see on the outside). See if the plastic is coming down properly, and if not, adjust it so it is. If that's not the case, see if the plastic button piece is cracked or broken. If it is, you'll either need to find a random 360 parts distributer (Good luck with that) or just call it a day and get a new controller.

You know, you can always look forward to the new Red controller that comes out during the time of Gears of War 2. I'm thinking about getting that one myself. :woop:

jonnyMAGNUM
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Like dm master said, hitting it always works. As stupid as it sounds, you can drop it on the ground softly on the RB. It might jostle it into working.