PDA

View Full Version : DOOM Glitch - Remove all enemies from levels

[M]ike
09-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Alright, first of all, credit to Tattiee/Krazace for this, just I didn't see it posted so here goes;

If your stuck on a level, you may want to try this glitch, it'll basically remove all enemies from a level (and conveniently give you all key cards)

WARNING: Do not use the glitch on any level with a boss, as it will remove the boss preventing you from completing the level (mission 8 of any episode)

1) Load/Start a save game, on the level you wish to glitch
2) Save your game, exit into the main menu
3) Search for a deathmatch (quick match), the match can be player OR ranked, it makes no difference. I realise it can sometimes be hard to find a match as the online isn't very active. However, you must join somebody elses match, the glitch will not work if you are hosting.
4) Ready up and wait until the match starts (important), after the match has started, leave the game from the main menu.
5) Load your single player game, get killed.
6) You should now spawn in a random/bonus area, all enemies have been removed and you have every keycard! Find the exit.
7) You will not be able to use the exit switch, so save your game, exit to the arcade, reload DOOM, load your game and you will be able to complete the level!

You will have to repeat the process for every level you wish to glitch

This will not effect your achievements.

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Decided to list the levels with bosses on (don't glitch these!) to help;
Episode 1, Mission 8: Barons
Episode 2, Mission 8: Cyberdemon Lord
Episode 3, Mission 8: Spider Mastermind
Episode 4, Mission 8: Spider Mastermind (final fight)

You may have noticed they're all mission 8, so basically don't glitch mission 8, if your stuck a walkthrough can be found here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/935829/16125).

Skillz4Killz
09-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks bro this helped me a lot!!!!!!!!

OhWhen
09-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Tried it twice - never worked for me. :( I just respawn in the same place as I started.

Phrozan
09-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Hmmm hopefully this works for me as I am terrible on Episode 4 it is way too hard for me on ultraviolent. Do you know if you have to be on the original console that DOOM was dl'd on for it to work? Did they patch this at all?

georgiandben
09-09-2008, 02:03 AM
not working for me :(

[M]ike
09-09-2008, 08:53 PM
It works fine for me perfectly still, I've downloaded all avaliable title updates for DOOM and it still works so I guess it's not been patched, check your doing every step correctly :\

Gun-Nut
09-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Might have to try this later :) should make getting though the game really easy.

Phrozan
09-10-2008, 02:58 AM
ike;1138513']It works fine for me perfectly still, I've downloaded all avaliable title updates for DOOM and it still works so I guess it's not been patched, check your doing every step correctly :

Are you still on the console that you originally downloaded DOOM on? I am just curious because that might be screwing others up possibly and myself if that doesn't work. I have not had a chance to try this yet but I will let you know if it works for me.

[M]ike
09-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Are you still on the console that you originally downloaded DOOM on? I am just curious because that might be screwing others up possibly and myself if that doesn't work. I have not had a chance to try this yet but I will let you know if it works for me.
Yeah I am but I'm not sure if that'll effect the result, it's still worth a try, hope it works out for you since makes doing it much easier! Can still be a pain finding the exit though lol.

collapsedbeef
09-11-2008, 02:50 PM
this kinda ruins the fun behind the whole game.

VeNGeD
09-11-2008, 08:19 PM
It kinda does ^
I wish I knew this before completing Ultra Violent, but im still going to try this out just to see what its like because it does sound kinda cool.

[M]ike
09-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Then simply enough, you don't use it :P It's more if you've hit a brick wall and can't get any further, however, most people will just complete the game glitching it :P

xXI A ROD IXx
09-13-2008, 05:32 AM
I tried this glitch but it did not work for me. But im willing to try it again.

xXI A ROD IXx
09-13-2008, 06:19 AM
This glitch actually works. Thank you. But to everyone out there trying it, make sure you follow the steps exactly and it will work.

Im Famous Son
09-15-2008, 03:01 AM
Yah what he said! /\ /\ /\

I didnt see the last step and the exit wouldnt work then i read it again.
And im almost on E2 on nightmare but the boss will be hard

tremberz
09-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I can never find anyone online, therefore can't do the glitch. This glitch would help very much as it is a pain in the arse not knowing where to go and with enemies in all directions. I'll just keep searching and hope the best...

Smugu
09-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks a lot !!! 'Got tired trying to do nightmare and did this and 100% working for me. Got the achievement and everything, thanks man :)

BigEasy
09-27-2008, 07:11 PM
I just tried this on E4 M6 and it's fucked the gate won't open for me to run and hit the exit switch. I have done everything EXACTLY the same. anyone else having this problem??

[M]ike
09-28-2008, 10:46 PM
I just tried this on E4 M6 and it's fucked the gate won't open for me to run and hit the exit switch. I have done everything EXACTLY the same. anyone else having this problem??
If you read the steps, you'd notice that to finish a level, you need to save your game, exit to the dashboard then load up your save and you'll be able to finish the level.

BigEasy
09-29-2008, 11:59 AM
I've done that and it doesn't work. ok so here's the thing i lay down what i believe is wrong.

This Gate which is suppose to open in order to get to the Exit switch. (it's not the switch it's self, but preventing me from getting to it) Is staying closed because there must be a cyberdemon or something in which you have to kill for that gate to open. Once again this is E4 M6. Am i correct? Could you try it out and let me know if it works for you?

Thanks.

Dysitis
09-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Ya that gate is triggered by killing the cyberdemon so if you do the glitch to remove all enemies there won't be a cyberdemon for you to kill. You're just gonna have to play the level legit. Although if it's giving you too much trouble, you may want to try doing the glitch on e4m5 so that you can start off e4m6 with 200% health and armor and full ammo for all your weapons.

BigEasy
09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Ugh fuck. Nah it's not that it's too hard, it's that i saved over my save file lol and i HATE Episode 4. it's like a total pos and kills me to play it because imo It's SO bad.. Besides it's like Fan User created anyways...

Oh well ok thanks i'll have to do that then.:(

SuperNova X2X
09-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Seems a bit too much trouble. The odds of finding a game are very slim. I'd have 10 times more fun just playing the game though.

Howevere it is a useful glitch for anyone who is not good at Doom, good luck finding a match though ;)

Daedryon
10-01-2008, 06:25 AM
Doesn't work. Newest patch must've fixed it.

T0b3
10-01-2008, 09:29 PM
It's still working, thank you very much! Helped me a lot in Episode 4..

Frijolie
10-22-2008, 07:02 AM
As of 1 hour ago, this "Hack", "Glitch", or "Workaround" is still A-O-K! Thank you for posting such a life saving tip! It (XBL) also performed an update on DooM prior to me trying this "hack". So my title is current on it's updates.

I was stuck on E4M2 on Ultraviolent. I could not get more than 1/16th of the way through without running out of ammo and having to punch my way to my own death. Now this makes the Rampage achievement possible. I honestly would kiss the ground below anyone's feet who got it 100% Legit because I don't see how it would ever be possible.

I don't have all of them done yet, but it won't take that long before I'm 100% done (200 GS) on this game. Hurray! Is there a way you can tell which boards you have beat on Ultraviolent?

** EDIT ** It does still work if you host (you don't have to JOIN) the games, at least it has for me.

Ekudeht
10-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Now this makes the Rampage achievement possible. I honestly would kiss the ground below anyone's feet who got it 100% Legit because I don't see how it would ever be possible.

Well then pucker up and kiss it.

Seriously episode 4, though I understand that it is the most challenging episode in Ultimate Doom by far, is still very doable even on Nightmare. It just takes practice to get good enough to go through it.

Frijolie
10-29-2008, 06:55 PM
I know it may be possible, I just said it's near impossible to get legit. You definitely have to be on top of your game. The hard part is that ammo is scarce and monsters are a whole lot tougher! I was always running out of ammo and forced to punch Cacodemons, Hell Knights, and often got surrounded by Imps who tore me to shreds. After trying numerous times I gave in and utilized this glitch. I'm glad to say that it was available as an alternative to loosing hair and maybe stepping in broken glass from frustration...that's all I'm trying to say.

RRIKER
11-06-2008, 10:55 PM
There is a switch in the cyberdemon room in E4M6. I will have to check to see if that is what you need to hit or if you have to go back and beat the demon. Will update when available.

BenderIsKing
11-22-2008, 08:08 AM
I honestly would kiss the ground below anyone's feet who got it 100% Legit because I don't see how it would ever be possible.

start kissing the ground below my feet then.

it's very possible, it just takes ALOT of playing (and even more saving and loading).

POTM
11-29-2008, 06:51 AM
Yeah I am on the E4M6 and from what I am reading I guess I can't beat it this way. Is there away around this or no?

SweKingPin
12-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I just completed E4M8 and that lvl was waaaaay easier than E4M6

For those of u having problems with E4M6, kill all enemies and just before you use the last teleport to go to the big boss remember to pick up the "Invulnarable-pickup" then hurry to him and just MASH HIM DOWN WITH THE BFG^^

mjc0961
12-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Now this makes the Rampage achievement possible. I honestly would kiss the ground below anyone's feet who got it 100% Legit because I don't see how it would ever be possible.

It's easy: know where all the good weapons are hidden and save a lot so you can reload if you mess up. Now, I assume you'll be paying your own way to get over here and start kissing some floor?

SweKingPin
12-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I saved like after every enemy i killed :D

b3nnyth3gr33k
12-16-2008, 03:04 PM
might try this to get "nightmere" achiev

crazychikn99
12-17-2008, 12:07 AM
confusing but ill try it

SiLeNt Sc0pE 16
12-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Does this still work?

are there still active players on live that i can join their games or would i have to arrange it with somebody?

thank you

Tishan Tom
12-24-2008, 07:32 AM
nice find it still works just used it to do E4 M2/3/6/7 :)

A Republican 11
02-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Just finished all acts on ultra violent, no cheats either. After E4C2, it was much easier.

n64ra
03-01-2009, 10:57 PM
i love this glitch. i would have never beaten E4 most of the levels.

BenderRobot
03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Thank you so much. I only need this for E3M7 as it takes forever.

icypinksmurf
04-02-2009, 06:17 AM
I want to use this glitch, but its not working on E2M1 (?). Also its a pain to actually find a game to join and leave..

mchannon37
04-16-2009, 05:52 PM
I haven't played this game on my xbox in ages, and now i'm totally going to hit up a friend and get this thing completed, thanks man.

Telexen
04-16-2009, 05:56 PM
You can't get achievements if you play co-op with a friend...has to be single player.

So this glitch can help, just not for the levels with a boss.

RECKLESS x360a
04-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Awesome glitch, thanks for the help.

InitiallyJRL
04-20-2009, 02:00 AM
wow imma have to try this
thanks
love doom but a little complicated
i have other games to work on lol

Taz148
04-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Works great.:Bounce:

ponypo2001
05-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Must've been patched as it no longer works.At least I can't get it to work at all.Anyone else confirm this as not working anymore?

EDIT If it doesn't work,try hosting the match yourself and then quitting out.Worked first time doing that wheras joining a mates game and leaving didn't work.

UCB Disco
05-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Just to clarify what the recent patch did;

Apparently, you cannot get this "glitch" by joining someone else's match now, but I can verify that if you host a public match and follow the same directions, it still works. I just did all of Episode 1 today just to try and figure it out, and that is how you have to do it now.

Instead of joining someone's match, try to be the host of a public match and quit right when it starts up. Hope this helps anyone that decides to finish this game this late. hahaha.

EDIT: It still works for both hosting a match and joining a match. I honestly don't know what the patch did. :p

swann5150
06-03-2009, 06:30 AM
yeah it still works. I tried it on a level tonight. took me about 4 times, but it worked.

Dysitis
06-09-2009, 05:44 AM
There was no patch. You probably just had to redownload an old update because some of your other games overwrote the Doom one. I believe your xbox only keeps 5 or so game updates before it starts overwriting them.

Pheonix_Assassin
07-08-2009, 09:35 PM
When i get DOOM i will try this out =]

galve666
10-08-2009, 05:40 PM
can't get this to work !!! trying all varients i.e hosting/joining a game, quitting loading game, letting helmet guy get killed to spawn back at the start with all enemys in starting positions :eek: HELP PLEASE

EDIT: woop woop got it working

Sickened 88
10-12-2009, 01:15 AM
I need some help with this part 4) Ready up and wait until the match starts (important), after the match has started, leave the game from the main menu...... Are they talking about pressing start and quit to the main menu because you cant see the main menu from the MP match you are in...

itz s l i t
01-12-2010, 03:50 AM
i can only get this to work if i host the match

the wisp
02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
i can only get this to work if i host the match

so it still works as of about a month ago...I like those odds.
does anyone even still play online?

Ninja x360a
02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
i can only get this to work if i host the match How do you get it to work if you host the match? You have to join a match?
And at the, When I am actually trying to play a match online, it gets annoying when people are constantly quitting :mad: Lol its not that hard, just abuse the save system if need be.

And yes, it still works, my friend did it about 2 weeks ago, I doubt it will ever be patched.

Phenoviral
02-22-2010, 10:50 PM
There was a recent update for the game.

Can somebody give a quick heads-up as to whether this still works or not?

that505guy
02-23-2010, 06:29 AM
yes still works but cant seem to pass e4m6 it has a boss...

lonesome killer
04-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I had found this glitch years ago and posted it on the Xbox forums. I just recently joined here to see if anyone knew it or not.
http://forums.xbox.com/9897798/ShowPost.aspx

But you don't have to die! If you stay in the level, all the items keep respawning! You can run through the level normally and get infinite health and ammo. Also, if it glitches like not having a boss, I believe you can just pick up all the health and ammo you want, save, reload and play normally. Then the boss should be there and you will have full ammo and health.

K4157H3W153
04-17-2010, 05:08 AM
lonesome killer - that is true.

Just a quick heads up about this glitch:

1. This glitch still works.

2. You CAN complete E4M6 no problem by using this glitch! All you have to do is at the very end, there are TWO teleport pads, one on the left and one on the right, you need to go through EACH of these teleport pads and activate the switch in each one. Once you do this the final gate will drop and you can complete the level!

Big thanks to the poster :)

Narkaotik
05-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I'll try this once I get my xbox live account back to gold hehe

MXR5150
05-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Maybe there's something I'm not doing right, but for whatever reason, when using the glitch I cant exit Ep3m6. I've tried both normal and secret exits. Any ideas? I've tried following text and video walkthroughs. The switch at the secret exit does nothing. The normal exit teleporter does nothing as well. I am stuck.

EDIT : by the skin of my teeth I did it legit. I think the glitch can prevent you from finishing certain levels, I don't think this has been brought up yet, at least I haven't seen a post regarding it yet.

GR4V1G0R3
05-29-2010, 08:39 PM
it is mentioned that on the 'BOSS' levels you cannot do it, as you need to kill the enemy to end the level

but also, 2 posts above yours mentions how to do e4m6

i've only just got to e4m4 myself, no glitching (not that i didn't try, but failed twice, so did perfect hatred myself, took nearly 3 days, too many hell knights / barons of hell & cacodemons) that level has always been a nemesis of mine, just like trick & traps from doom 2

Andrew14man
05-31-2010, 03:41 AM
worked like a charm

Sploogenon
07-02-2010, 08:18 AM
I can't seem to get this glitch to work can someone helpe
out with it?

KellyNUTS
07-24-2010, 02:07 AM
This still works like a charm, Sploogenon send me a msg on LIVE and ill help u out with it :)

JAW LV
09-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Yep this still works, I'm surprised the developers didn't do a patch to fix this. I used the glitch all the way until the last 3 levels, which probably saved me a few hours at least :woop:

I think Doom is easy enough to beat without the glitch, I just couldn't get into it though so I wanted the quickest way out.

Starstrukk X360A
09-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Yep this still works, I'm surprised the developers didn't do a patch to fix this. I used the glitch all the way until the last 3 levels, which probably saved me a few hours at least :woop:

I think Doom is easy enough to beat without the glitch, I just couldn't get into it though so I wanted the quickest way out.

It still works? Whoo!
I'm still on Episode 3. This game gives me hardcore motion sickness so I never got around to finish it. I think with this glitch I'll be able to take my time and not run around every five seconds.

JAW LV
09-28-2010, 03:35 PM
It still works? Whoo!
I'm still on Episode 3. This game gives me hardcore motion sickness so I never got around to finish it. I think with this glitch I'll be able to take my time and not run around every five seconds.

Ya still works perfectly. There are 2 levels on the very last episode that you have to have the monsters on: 3rd to last level you need to have the monsters on as you need to kill a mid-boss to lower a barricade, and of coarse the very last level so you can kill the last boss.

Good luck, if you have trouble finding a match to quit out of online send me a message over live and I will help you out. GT: JAW LV

Flash IVIan
11-05-2010, 10:56 AM
deefinatly gonna have to try this hopefully its still working

mynameistrain
11-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Haha! Cool :D

Dante Fn Savage
12-15-2010, 05:33 AM
Appreciate the work around, if I get stuck I'll have to try this.

makecrack
01-10-2011, 06:25 AM
this is good to know i was never going to be able to legit 100% this game without this.

InigoMontoya80
01-11-2011, 03:27 AM
Just finished E4M6 and it can be glitched. I did the glitch spawned and died in a fire pit. I respawned right at the end of the level at the exit. Hope this helps future DOOM completionists!!!

CMpunk17
02-28-2011, 06:07 AM
will this work in doom 2? i am very stuck

Ravenhood
03-01-2011, 10:00 PM
As far as I know, this doesn't work with Doom II, sadly. Though, from what I can tell, Doom II is the easier of the two games, so you should be able to get through it eventually with some practice.

CMpunk17
03-05-2011, 02:13 AM
bummer. the levels are just a little more complicated i think and i keep running out of ammo!!

lenyo
03-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Nothing, i was lame.

Hariibo Kid x
04-20-2011, 01:00 PM
does this still work and if it does anybody wanna do this glitch together i need to do EP4 but its to dam hard :mad:

BankDJ
06-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Damn, why did I go through the game without knowing this... Seems like an awesome glitch. I think I want to try it, just for fun :)

D4 B1GD0G
07-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for this it helped me A LOT.

Colby
07-29-2011, 05:58 PM
If anyone wants to try and beat the whole game with me using this glitch send me a friend request
Gamertag: coiby

iSaAc24
08-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Looking to glitch all levels in EP4. HMU .

GT: vl iGOMEZ10 lv

Captian_Canada
08-25-2011, 08:43 PM
if anybody wants to try this send me a FR or message over XBL don't check my inbox on here to often

doubleminor
10-29-2011, 10:06 PM
I want to try this if anyone is available. Only missing the UV and Hurt Me Plenty achievements.

kaseywc98
12-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Can't use it anymore: It was delisted, and any chance of multi-player is gone.

gazmaster1
01-24-2012, 05:09 PM
it worked for me so thanks to the op !

Jubes
01-27-2012, 05:28 AM
thanks for the info

GoldenEagle1476
02-01-2012, 11:58 PM
My friends and I were playing deathmatch one time, and my friend spawned in one of those secret rooms. It was pretty funny because me and my other friend kept fighting, and he was stuck in the room till the game ended. This was Doom II though, I'm not sure about Doom I.

P1TTMAN
02-06-2012, 09:51 AM
I've been using this to take the coward's way out.. this game just is no fun for me in single-player, and co-op nets me no achievements. :mad:

Also, my friend couldn't get this method to work for him, so after reading all of this thread I asked him to try it hosting a multiplayer match-- and it worked.
So if it doesn't work for you joining matches, looks like hosting is how you fix it.

AnubusDoW
03-06-2012, 02:13 PM
As of today, this "glitch" still works. Only thing I had to do different is, I had to host the multiplayer match. Other than that worked like a charm.
Edit: Just a side note i have this game on mine and my girlfriends xboxs. have tried hosting and joining with both. Works either way MOST of the time, every once in a while it will not work, don't know why. Should work if you just try it again, but double check the steps too.

JOSHcoops34
04-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey, As from today 10th April 2012 the glitch still works!
Bongo

Cringer85
04-28-2012, 12:28 AM
edit: Works anyway! You just have to be quick enough between steps 1-3 - I was taking my time and reading this between the steps, that's why it didn't work - you can only fool the system by speed. thanks!

mortug
05-03-2012, 06:38 AM
works like a charm. i downloaded the game to my second xbox and used it as a host

beware of e4m6! tried glitching it several times, but it didn't work. the cyberdemon has to be killed for the gate to open. so i played it legit, starting with a pistol only. took me about 30 minutes to complete on UV.

Assassino187
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
odd ... tried glitch but when i die, i wont spamn anywhere game just stands still nothing happens ... anyone else this happen to

steezy846
07-11-2012, 03:34 AM
Having a hard time finding anyone in the multiplayer mode, so this glitch is almost impossible now

Infernal
07-31-2012, 11:12 PM
Thank you for this method, I am going to have to do this game now.

JLogan27
07-31-2012, 11:38 PM
Having a hard time finding anyone in the multiplayer mode, so this glitch is almost impossible now

Want to schedule times to do it?

ronnie42
08-01-2012, 03:27 AM

Exactly my point, I hope the people using this get their gamerscore for glitching. Doom is a excellent game, fun to play, people are glitching this should be ashamed. It's not as if the game in hard to begin with.
:uzi::Bounce:

Un4given Raider
08-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Glitch still works for me. Just need to find people online. If you're interested in helping each other out, just message me.

GT: Un4given Raider

NeuroSephiroth
12-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Well, that just takes all the fun out of it...

DecadentBeaver
03-26-2013, 07:31 PM
I would give this a try, but seeing as it's dead online, there really is no point in trying. Have made an effort together it done, but I get my ass handed to me each time. Still a great game, that's still a bunch of fun even today.

P1TTMAN
03-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Exactly my point, I hope the people using this get their gamerscore for glitching. Doom is a excellent game, fun to play, people are glitching this should be ashamed. It's not as if the game in hard to begin with.
:uzi::Bounce:

I would be ashamed if I gave it much thought-- not ashamed that I'm failing to beat the game properly, but ashamed that I'm going to these extremes to get a meaningless number "200" as a symbol of my virtual prowess.
As far as beating the game properly: I'm just going to admit I don't have the patience and I don't love this game enough to throw into it the hours it would take for me to get good enough to beat it on UV. So, it's a combination of lack of interest and lack of skill. :)

I would give this a try, but seeing as it's dead online, there really is no point in trying. Have made an effort together it done, but I get my ass handed to me each time. Still a great game, that's still a bunch of fun even today.

I can help with this; it's just a matter of catching me at the right time. Send me a message and we can work out a time to do this. I don't remember how long this takes-- if it's something that can be done in a matter of an hour or so, or if it'll take several tries.

JLogan27
03-27-2013, 05:38 PM
This game was too fun to glitch it. Not that hard, really.

MEGAMAN12345
08-19-2013, 10:29 AM
I will probably try this glitch later. If someone else wants to I could help in exchange the same thing

Furian
12-18-2013, 05:15 PM
FYI, this still works.

MrScratch
04-04-2014, 01:52 AM
this thread makes me sad:( once you learn where all the secrets are ammo is not a problem and almost level has a secret where there is a soulsphere or megaarmor just have to take your time to beat ultraviolet they dont respawn like in nightmare really easy if you know where all the secrets are

Twincats
05-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Alright, this sounds awesome. I'm pretty good at Doom, but playing it on a controller just isn't natural to me.

If anyone wants to, message me on Live.

We could help each other out following these steps.

Gamertag: Twincats