PDA

View Full Version : Todays Update Info Inside

Dla911
09-05-2008, 04:02 AM
Pulled this from the Rockband Forums, here ya go guys

Hey all,

So there is a 360 title update coming out for Rock Band today, PS3 will follow and we'll let you know when we have an idea when it will drop. What's in it? A couple of things.

First of all - it updates RB1 so you will still be able to purchase DLC from the Rock Band store. Downloading this patch is required if you'd still like to do that.

Second - Lowers the threshold on gold stars making it easier/possible to gold star songs. This won't affect leaderboards as it only affects the threshold, not the score.

Third - Lately a few songs have had unhittable notes. This should be fixed now.

Lastly - It will allow you to export your songs from the RB1 disc to the hard drive for play in Rock Band 2. Official language follows for this feature-

Nominal fee of $4.99 (400 Microsoft points) required for export of Rock Band 1 soundtrack to compensate music licensors for expanded use.The following Rock Band disc tracks will not be available for export into Rock Band 2: * "Paranoid" as made famous by Black Sabbath, * “Run to the Hills” as made famous by Iron Maiden, and "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. In addition, the title update will also be released simultaneously in Europe. Tokio Hotel’s “Through the Monsoon” from the European disc release of Rock Band will not be available for export into the future European release of Rock Band 2. (* Indicates a cover song, all other songs are original master recordings.) Expanded usage rights for these particular tracks were unable to be secured from the music licensors for this feature.

Dex
09-05-2008, 04:42 AM
FYI - if anyone wants to discuss the RB1 export option for RB2, there is an existing thread in the RB2 forums:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82514

JJBDude
09-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Screw spending 400MP to export the songs onto Rock Band 2, it would be nice but I'd rather save myself £4 and hardrive space and simply swap the discs around.

edd__
09-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Thank god Monsoon can't be exported! Worst fucking song on the whole game imo.
Don't really like the fact they're making gold stars easier, seems a bit unnecessary. But then again, some songs are currently unattainable to gold star, so i suppose...

benbam87
09-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Why would they make getting gold stars easier?

TwistedFate
09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Why would they make getting gold stars easier?

Because it was set too high to begin with. Some songs couldn't be Gold Starred the way it was.

SebastianSB
09-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Because it was set too high to begin with. Some songs couldn't be Gold Starred the way it was.

Yup. Rockaway Beach and Bang a Gong were both impossible to GS until now, and Sick, Sick, Sick was almost impossible.

Dla911
09-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Yup. Rockaway Beach and Bang a Gong were both impossible to GS until now, and Sick, Sick, Sick was almost impossible.

i know song with a mission is, Dont know if it fixed it.

Son of Kyuss
09-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Song with a Mission was never impossible to achieve gold stars on. I've gotten gold stars by FCing it with a lousy Overdrive path.

misco1
09-05-2008, 11:59 PM
I finally have 50/58 setlist songs gold starred after the patch. Thank you Harmonix!

Dla911
09-07-2008, 05:54 AM
Song with a Mission was never impossible to achieve gold stars on. I've gotten gold stars by FCing it with a lousy Overdrive path.

on the drums?

killerharu45
09-07-2008, 09:09 AM
I know Seven on drums was impossible, and And Justice for All I think

Inhale3xhale
09-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't think my game updated. I always have it connected to the internet, and I'm always on RB. If it did, I can't tell, because when my brother and I play the BWT, we constantly get GS on almost every song. Any input as to what I may have missed?

JMills109
09-07-2008, 09:31 AM
I just tried to export songs, and when I went to click "Purchase License" it did the whole sound thing that happens when you press A, but the screen just stayed the same. Basically it won't let me out of there without clicking cancel export.

I'm definitely connected to XBL, so not sure what to do. Anyone else had this problem?

Dla911
09-07-2008, 10:06 AM
I just tried to export songs, and when I went to click "Purchase License" it did the whole sound thing that happens when you press A, but the screen just stayed the same. Basically it won't let me out of there without clicking cancel export.

I'm definitely connected to XBL, so not sure what to do. Anyone else had this problem?

only guess is wait intill rock band 2 :eek:, because to me it sounds like in the update its for Rock band 2 :woop:

Dex
09-07-2008, 10:23 AM

Maybe your internet speed was slow (caused by a computer or other internet enabled device)? I know when I'm downloading something, my XBox and everything related to it go super slow.

I know of 8 people, including myself, who have used the disk export option without any problems. I'd suggest waiting an hour or so, pausing anything on your network, and trying again.

SebastianSB
09-07-2008, 02:55 PM

I had that exact same problem, but when I tried again the next day it worked fine.