PDA

View Full Version : Watch Out its Hemlock!!!

InfernoFrY
09-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok I have just discovered the worst feature of this game, the weed call "Hemlock". It has just killed half of my pinatas and is still spreading, it grows too quick to kill it.

A fully grown version of it takes about 20 seconds and it throws out poison candy that your pinatas will swarm to eat. If you kill it, it throws out 3 seeds and multiplies even faster.

Any tips on how to get rid of this stuff????

I cant pay to have it removed as its too expensive (-360 per plant WTF?!)

wtrswoopes
09-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Can you build a fence around it so your pinatas can't get to it? I just bashed the seeds when I got one and had it taken care of in a few seconds.

danjohnson58
09-05-2008, 05:36 PM
best bet is to either

A - pack all the pinatas you want into crates and send to yourself, then start a new garden.

B - hack at it with your spade, i've done it myself dude, took me like 40 mins lol.

just a warning - avoid all red & black seeds and note if you kill a sour pinata with your spade they drop 2-3 bad seeds, they will plant themselves so bash them quickly!

Rez
09-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Ok I have just discovered the worst feature of this game, the weed call "Hemlock". It has just killed half of my pinatas and is still spreading, it grows too quick to kill it.

A fully grown version of it takes about 20 seconds and it throws out poison candy that your pinatas will swarm to eat. If you kill it, it throws out 3 seeds and multiplies even faster.

Any tips on how to get rid of this stuff????

I cant pay to have it removed as its too expensive (-360 per plant WTF?!)

Yep it's very nasty stuff along with Fireweed. Also fencing it doesn't work the seeds get thrown over and it spread, spread, spreads.

DerEnglaender
09-05-2008, 05:48 PM
hanet encoutnered anything that bad yet, but if you're getting overpowered, then you can "sell" the weed at a loss but its instantly gone, might work.

Tron
09-05-2008, 06:05 PM
i have three weedlings. i have no problems.

BoyDay
09-06-2008, 12:40 AM
I have three weedlings and fire weed and the weedlings can't keep up, even with me helping them with my spade!

XxFoReiGNxX
09-06-2008, 02:24 AM
It's not that hard just once the first one grows or is growing take a couple whacks at it with your shovel and it's gone if it spreads seeds then hit the seed it really not that hard to keep up with.

mommylin
09-06-2008, 02:24 AM
After struggling with Hemlock for about 20 minutes, I noticed that the seeds that fell in the water were not growing. I recommend digging a pond trench all the way around to contain it while you ship your pinatas. (wish I had thought of that before all of mine were dead)

NelsonCTA
09-06-2008, 10:44 AM
as was said above, easiest way to get rid of these are to sell them. you lose money sure, but you can just get a taffly as a resident and send it to a firebrand to get a redhott, which is worth 2205. more than you would've had to fork out to remove the weed

S1xthNY
09-06-2008, 10:51 AM
it caught me yesterday and i even quit to dashboard multiple times to go back where it was only 2-3 of them instead of the 10 it spread into but each time it spread quicker and all my pinata's were getting sick and i couldnt get rid of it fast enough. lost all my coins on healing them then once i ran out dastardos swooped in and took most of them out, including my wildcards..so now i have 4 pinata's left at level 33 and i probably wont play this damn game again for awhile.

..also i have FOUR weedlings and they couldnt get rid of them fast enough till all my pinata's were gone, then they were able to get rid of it all

LXE Assassin
09-06-2008, 03:25 PM
iv had the same problem on my other account Dark hayabusa93 i dident know hemlock was planted i got loads of it i killed all my pinatas in a few secs now im gonner get loads of weedlings

theglin
09-06-2008, 07:21 PM
I too, had a terrible Hemlock outbreak. It lasted for about 30 minutes, in which time I lost over 3/4 my pinata population. However, through this process I learned several good strategies to deal with it. I hope these help, and if any one has any corrections to make, please let me know.

How to Prevent:

Yes, it certainly helps to have 2-3 Weedlings running around, but helpers are stupid, and have a nasty habit of not being as far away as possible from where they are needed. But the best trick to prevent Hemlock (and all other weeds as well) is to destroy them at their source, which is sour pinata. Whenever you break a sour pinata with your shovel, it releases 1-2 weed seeds. It's hard to tell this, because they are almost indistinguishable from the remains of the pinata. Wait for the pinata pieces to fade, and then smash the seeds. If you're too slow, and one or both of the seeds plant themselves, don't worry, as long as you hack them down before they reach maturity, they won't spread. Easy as cake.

How to control a Hemlock outbreak:

First and foremost, NEVER TRY TO CLEAR HEMLOCK USING YOUR SHOVEL!!! I cannot emphansize this enough, and here's why. When you hack a hemlock plant, it kills the plant, however, it immediately releases 2-3 seeds, and it's flower it dropped. The seeds will very quickly plant themselves, and the flower will attract pinata (pinata will be attracted to the flower even while the plant is alive). Once a pinata eats the flower, it will star running around, releasing bad candy, which will make all your other pinata sick. THIS IS HOW IT SPREADS! DO NOT HIT IT WITH YOUR SHOVEL! Instead follow these directions:

1. As soon as you notice the hemlock, the first thing you need to do is build a fence. It doesn matter what kind, as long as you can put a gate on it. Make sure you COMPLETELY surround the hemlock, and don't worry about any pinata that might already be inside the fence. Also, make sure there's plenty of room between the fence and the hemlock. The fence will not blockthe spread of hemlock directly, however it will prevent your pinata from getting at it, which will indirectly prevent it from spreading. After you've completed your fence, put a gate on it, and close it.

2. It's likely there are several pinata caught inside your new fence. Relax, if you do everything right, they should be fine. If you have sick pinata already, call the doctor. If not, skip this step and wiat until you do, and them call him. While you're wating for him to arrive, hire 2 weedlings, if you don't already have them (put the contracts next top the gate fo the fence). When the doctor arrives, open the gate just long enough to let him in, then close it. This fence will trap the doctor inside the fence, wihch will mean that he can instantly heal any of the sick pinata who get into the hemlock. Unlike the last game, you can actually direct the doctor to new targets while he's in the garden, instead of waiting for him to return to the town, and having to call him back. If you have pinata you don't care about trapped inside the fence, sell them now. It will make everything much easier.

3. Flying pinata can still get over the fence, and there's no way to stop them. Sell any superfluous flying pinata you have to make this easier, orcrate them up and send them to a backup garden. If one gets in, and eats a hemlock flower, hit it with your shovel (just enough to make it sick). That way it won't fly out of the quarantine, and drop the bad candy outside. Then have the doctor heal it. Repeat as necessary.

4. If you have weedlings, open the gate and direct them into the quarantine. If you don't, simply wait until they get there. Until then, maintain your trapped pinata to make sure they don't stay sick long enough to attract Dastardos. If you can, try to filter them one one a time, but healing them and moving them through gate. Just remember to close it. (Don't bother doing this with the flyers, because they'll just fly back in. At this point, you can also start chipping away at the hemlock with your shovel, as long as you do it wisely.

5. First, target the plants that aren't clustered together (if you try to take out a cluster, it's much, much harder to hit individual targets, and go one plant at a time. Kill the plant, and them smash the seeds as fast as possible, and ignore the flower until the seeds are gone. If the seeds plant themselves, don't worry, just make sure you hack it down before it reaches maturity. Then destroy the flower. If one of your trapped pinata eats the flower, and starts dropping the bad candy, go and smash it before everyone gets sick. Make sure you take some time to heal any sick pinata, and remember to keep trying to make the heathly ones leave.

6. Once the weedlings arrive, open the gate to let them in. Don't bother hacking any of the matured hemlocks, just let the weedlings take care of them. What you need to do is to wack as many seeds as you can before they plant themselves. Focus all you energy on killing the seeds, and any developing plants, and (to a lesser extent) the flowers (if you don't have any pinata trapped in the fence, just ignore the flowers until the very end. The most important thing here is to destroy the seeds before they reach maturity. Having the Weedlings here to continuously kill anything that gets planted will make things much easier. Keep doing this until you are rid of all hemlock, and refer to the section above on preventing further outbreaks.

I hope this helps. Remember, if you have any suggestions, or corrections to this method please let me know.