PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded songs - Need help!!

DDRmatt
09-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey there, my brother downloaded lots of rock band songs. Came round and recovered his profile, and then re downloaded the songs. Now when i try to play them the dont work. any way to get them to work or can i only play them on his profile?

edd__
09-05-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but in cases like this, you can only play them when signed into xbox live.

Oh, and use the search function next time please, no need to make a new topic

mailmanchris
09-05-2008, 07:27 PM
If the songs were purchased under his gamertag, he can play them on any machine he is logged in to. No questions.

You (or anyone) can play them on HIS machine (the machine the songs were originally downloaded on) as it holds the permanent DRM.

If he logs in to your machine and re-downloads the dlc, you will have the access only as long as he is logged in. You will not be able to play them on your gamertag alone.

Hope that clears it up.

DDRmatt
09-06-2008, 06:25 AM
thanks for the help. Dammit i thought i would be able to play them.

brak4222
09-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Its Microsoft's way of avoiding DLC sharing. I think they could have done it in a better way...

SebastianSB
09-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Its Microsoft's way of avoiding DLC sharing. I think they could have done it in a better way...

seconded. I even did the console license migration when I got my Elite but I still can't play my own music when I'm offline on MY OWN console =(

brak4222
09-07-2008, 08:51 AM
seconded. I even did the console license migration when I got my Elite but I still can't play my own music when I'm offline on MY OWN console =(

I've heard alot of people with the same complaint. I'm hoping to never have a RRoD and experience the same issue...

SebastianSB
09-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I've heard alot of people with the same complaint. I'm hoping to never have a RRoD and experience the same issue...

It's kind of BS that they offer a license migration that essentially does nothing.

::EDIT::

It turns out that I have to redownload everything after the licence transfer in order to play anything while I'm offline...that'll teach me to RTFM. Well, time to redownload 170 downloaded songs one by one...