PDA

View Full Version : New Guide for "1000AD achievement" - TESTED AND APPROVED !!!

Amalrik
09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Well, after many tries of all the strategies I found on the forum, I finally got a really really efficient method. I got the achievement around -600 !!!

I found it on 2K Forums, big thanks to SpartacusMagnus.

1. Game Type: Scenario > It's all about the money
2. Difficulty: King (though you can go higher)
3. Civilization: Arabs (though other civs can work)
4. Victory http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Notice we didn't do a standard game type. This scenario starts you out with 1000 gold, MORE than enough to rush all the units you'll need. We also used the Arabs for the +1 attack given by fundamentalism. As a bonus, you can set the difficulty up to Deity to snag another achievement if you haven't done so already. Also you can get the "Power never takes a step back" (win with only one city) achievement in this game.

Again, I won't bore you with the details, so I'll be brief here. Don't bother with many warriors, just 1 or 2 to scout around before you get horsemen. Wait to attack barbarian huts with horsemen to ensure the upgrades go to your better unit.

RUSH EVERY UNIT WITH YOUR AMPLE GOLD SUPPLY. Build archers to defend your city and send out horsemen to capture barb huts. Send scouting parties to find your opponents, then mount an attack on the CLOSEST capital using 3-4 horsemen armies.

BUILD ROADS. Build a road to your newly conquered capital and use it as the launch point for your next attack. Rinse and repeat.

CATAPULTS. Catapults will probably be needed for the last 2 cities as their defense will be greater- especially if they happen to be the English or the Greeks.

SAVE OFTEN. If at first you don't succeed, die, die again...

I was able to gain a victory on my first file at 450 AD, I'm sure some of you will do much better. English and Greeks can slow you down, but they aren't impossible. My last capital was London and they were dug in quite well. I sent a full attack force of spies (5 units), horsemen (6 armies) and catapults (2 armies) and they laid down and died without much fuss.

Hope this helps..

In my case, against me, I got Gengis Khan, Cleopatra, Isabella, Chaka. I siege the last capital with around 10 catapults armies and 20 horsemen armies.

It was my last achievement, I'm really happy !

FoxRacing1234
09-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Couldn't get it to work

Crooklyn Banks
09-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Thank yea, I got on me first try.

Fruhmann360
09-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Couldn't get it to work

same here.

LanEvo
09-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Mate, i dont have words to thank you, i tried every single method out there and wasted hours trying, and unfortunately yours was the last i tried, and fortunately worked on the first try, i won at 800 BC...

thank you very much!!

Pariah21
09-20-2008, 01:12 PM
about to try this and crossing my fingers, everything else i've tried hasn't worked and i'm starting to get sad on the inside.

Pariah21
09-20-2008, 02:53 PM
hell yes! it worked and i got it at 900 bc actually. 1100 years to spare! thanks for posting this up.

Fruhmann360
09-21-2008, 01:48 AM
could someone who was successful with this expand upon it or give tips that make this plan work?

cause i'm playing on diety, rounding 750AD, and barely had 1 other race dominated. it was zulus with 1 last city on an island. not sure if the rest were on the same land mass i was, but romans and americans were there with me.

thanks.

edit for somethings i did. maybe i'm going about it the wrong way

- everytime i take over a city or capture settlers i build barracks, make an army of archers, then start producing catapults or horsemen
- i rush build everything, but sometimes i run out of gold

smorpheus
09-29-2008, 06:55 PM
"cause i'm playing on diety, rounding 750AD, and barely had 1 other race dominated. it was zulus with 1 last city on an island. not sure if the rest were on the same land mass i was, but romans and americans were there with me."

Uh...

Try playing on King?

kantizuni
09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
^^ What he said.
This achievement -was- pretty hard, but there are few different strategies on the books here, and (though I haven't tried this one) they should all work. If this doesn't work for you, try one of the other strategies.

wgpfly
09-29-2008, 08:53 PM
This one works. Just a tip. Save your game after destroying one of your enemys capitals.

SlayerKing
10-07-2008, 04:27 AM
WOW! Thank you so much for the post on this achievement! I got it on my first try following this method! I got it by 550 AD. This was so tough for me until I tried this one out. Only 5 more achievements until i'm completely done with this game. :woop: Thanks again!:Bounce:

Olden Formula
10-07-2008, 04:30 AM
big flippin deall...

Tekoa55
10-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Thats kind of weird to think that 600 A.D. is good since I got my less than 1000 A.D. achievement at 1300 B.C. (Game of the Week)

Diomed Lawls
10-20-2008, 03:53 AM
Worked perfectly for me, great strat man thanks!

justinl
11-06-2008, 07:02 PM
worked great, thanks! i should add you need a little luck in having the 4 other civs close to yours in proximity, usually the last one is across water, rush a galley as soon as you can just to be safe. this method does give you some wiggle room, i won my game in 400 bc

StudleyUK
11-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Big thanks for this guide! Using the Scenario you suggested seems to be the most important thing. It gives you more gold than you could possibly need - and don't forget, every time you capture an enemy capital, you gain all of their gold (normally 700-800 left in their vault).

With all that money, simply repeatedly rushing horsemen armies allowed me to win by 2000BC, when I'd been struggling at this on other game modes for months! I got a bit of luck by having all of the opponents on the same continent, but I'd already lined up several troop transport galleys which I could've used if I'd needed them. And even a prolonged battle for the Greek capital didn't overly delay me, or force me to reload - this was easy as pie! Thanks again!

S IIVII O K 3 Y
11-15-2008, 02:33 AM
Nice job. Been after this stupid achievement for age's. THANKS....

SC Defective
11-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Thank you VERY MUCH!

I have tried all the other methods posted on these forums and could not do it.

But with this method, although I changed it a bit... I used the Mongols to quickly gather new towns from Barbarian villages to help speed up unit production, I was able to not only get this achievement on the first try, but I completed it on 900BC.

Thank you

Northern Light
11-17-2008, 12:25 AM
You guys must be gods among men! When I had this I couldn't get this achievement for the life of me. Everytime time I tried it I always got screwed somehow and it's left with the desire to rent this game again and snap it in half out pure hatred! I feel so disheartened by it, and it's such a nuisance to see 900/1000. I'll rent this eventually and keep in the meantime, hoping for the best.

But I'm also curious. How do you accomplish such a thing BC? Like, really? Do you spend countless hours scoring the map and plotting out the best attack strategy? Do you go to your nearest library and sign out books based on your enemy civs. and research their greatest weaknessess? Do you ask the help of God and does he reply in turn giving you cheats to beat the game so fast? Do you hax!? :p 'Cause I'm dyeing over here.

kewljoe
11-29-2008, 10:43 PM
I did this but I did not get the power never takes a step back. Im pretty sure I followed everything to a T....

Mike Langlois
12-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Hey great guide, but i was wandering, how did you get tech victory on diety? I followed the achievement guide on the website, to no success. :(

REDBEES
12-23-2008, 05:18 AM
good guide, got this on my 2nd try, a good map spawn helps.

Kintaro56
12-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Well, after many tries of all the strategies I found on the forum, I finally got a really really efficient method. I got the achievement around -600 !!!

I found it on 2K Forums, big thanks to SpartacusMagnus.

In my case, against me, I got Gengis Khan, Cleopatra, Isabella, Chaka. I siege the last capital with around 10 catapults armies and 20 horsemen armies.

It was my last achievement, I'm really happy !

Worked like a charm on the first try, thanks!

I won in 1300 BC I believe...rushing settlers in the beginning helps though--that will help you double and triple the amount of troops for you armies, and building roads to each city cuts down transport times, too.

IXISHADOW
01-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I can't do it :(

Matonly1T
02-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks this really worked! First try saved after every city capture.

I worked in a counter clockwise taking over capital city after capital city.

Cleopatra, Montezuma, Ghandi, and Caesar, Gotta love roads. The one thing that had me worried is at the end I made a mistake and and agreed to a 10 turn peace and had to wait 5 turns when I finally reached Rome. Won it at 650 AD. So watch out for that and make sure you don't hit A haha

The P1stoleer
06-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I tried this strategy.....with great FAILURE with Arabs etc (TO THE LETTER) Was giving the Brits a good bashing from 2000 bc - 150ad ?????????????? wtf ???
I think you misinterperet how to start off
Do you go with 1 unit of horses or any army
because I went with 2 armies one failed on a hill the other trying to get through city walls and the grt Wall

I think putting a thread on here wihout specifying whether or not it is on a conitent ot islands or resources
Alot of ppl are not succeeding to to lack off info you have inputted on this thread
Choose Arabs
Get Horsemen
Go on killing spree
I have tried so many maps
GUESS its luck of the draw

kristoffer29
06-08-2009, 03:37 PM
i did this achievement yesterday to 1k the game the original thread poster will be long gone seeings as its a year old i will however tell you that it requires luck i personally got this at 2100BC mainly because of the map layout being in my favour!!

Civilization - Mongols
Difficulty - King
Scenario - It's All About The Money
you want to save the game as you start incase u need to go back 1st put your research onto horse back riding rush warriors and scout the sourounding area you can either cap barb villages but as soon as you get keshlek rush them every turn a nd scout if the map looks good and veery1 is on 1 piece of land it's all good!!! but for this strategy to work you need to also know where the barb villages are. if it doesnt look to favourable start a new scenerio with same settings and redo above.

now once you find a good map reload it get keslik done and cap as many barb villages as you can connect them up and rush more keslik go to your nearest foe. i will add the greek and brits have a lot of def so leave them till last if your up against them otherwise rush 3-4 keshlik armies and attack the vill cap it build road and you should get 800-900 gold. no rund all of your horsies to the next vill whilst recruting more and attack build road. rinse and repeat. ALWAYS SAVE THE GAME BEFORE YOU ATTACK AND AFTER YOU CAP. if you have a really bad attack just reload and try again. also when you do finish horseback riding you dont really need to reserch anything! unless you got the greeks with strong def in which case just reload reserch and attack

i beat the game at 2100BC i did reserch catapults which i didnt nead my 12 horse armies against the brit city won so i coul dhave finished it a lot sooner. anyways good luck

ROBi816
07-22-2009, 05:43 AM
I agree on using the Mongols. I tried this 3 times and had success with the Mongols and the Keshiks. Wasn't very hard at all since they add barbarians to the civ, the only thing that sucked was that I had to find out where the English (the last civ left on the map) was since they weren't on the same continent. I finished at 200 AD when I started looking for them at 1400 BC! Took fucking forever to find them at the bottom of the map. Just force build a barrack in each city, wait a turn and push some Keshiks out. If you have 3 or more cities you could have up to 3 veteran armies after a few turns, then it's gravy.Good tips all around from everyone.

TorchFX
07-27-2009, 02:39 PM
big flippin deall...

Wow, what an informative post. Thanks for your contribution to the site. Anyway, excellent guide. This achievement has been giving me fits, so I'm going to try this method when I get a chance. Thanks for the guide.

Nuvrin
08-07-2009, 12:59 AM
This strategy worked great for me. I found it useful to rush a barracks in each city ASAP as well. Thanks!

Horwitz
09-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Excellent idea! I however prefer the Aztecs because they can heal after every victory which is incredibly useful. I almost got it, Thanks man!

Edit: Just got it! I also knocked out Absolute Power is kind of neat and the achievement for winning with the Aztecs. Pretty sweet deal. And you're right too, all you need to do is overwhelm the opponent with horse armies also a spy or two helps though I didn't need the catapaults. Oh well.

Rusty Nail zh
09-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Thank you! Thank you!

Finally got the achievement! I tried to get this achievement for 4 days now. I went through all the strategies and my best was, that I could capture the 1st capital.
I tried this method just now. Got it on my first try!!! On 900 BC!

Things, that are waaaay better with this method:
- You get 1000 gold at the beginning, which gives you enough time, to research horseback and then mathematics.
- You can immediately build the streets to the capital, since you get gold for beating a capital.
- You can just rush all your armies every turn! Once you got 3 cities and connected them with a street, you will have your horsearmies where you want, in no time!

The first time I lost an army was on the last capital, I had to capture. There I lost 2 catapult armies. But my third gave em hell! And my 2 horse armies finished them off.
Very nice guide!

Tip: Make sure, that all armies are able to attack the capital in the same round. Otherwise, the CPU will rush defense on the end of each turn.

Oh yeah, and I went for the aztecs. Cause their healing ability is is an unbeatable perk!

This guide is the way to go!

Ellusion
09-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Great strategy, thanks!. Was able to breeze through and beat the last capital at 1700 BC on King. Pick the mongols for the horses, and more importantly the ability to convert barbarian villages. You'll have 8 cities producing horsemen before anyone else thinks of establishing a second city.

ezekiel 08
09-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Great guide! Gonna try it out when I get around to playing this :p.

Jonny Killalot
09-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks alot! This helped me get all the deity achievements and the 1000AD one but it took several times because how far away the last country was. Just need to figure out how to get the "unlock all great persons" achievement and the "200 resources a turn". Thanks again.

Doktor Wilhelm
10-17-2009, 12:28 AM
This way is the best, got the achievement first try!
This should replace the way the guide says to do it!

Judas Below
10-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Chose Mongols for the same reasons that Ellusion posted above, worked wonderfully even though I'm a total n00b at this game. (it might even show up once my wifi adaptor on my 360 starts to work again)

Weinorok
10-23-2009, 03:39 PM
I actually used the spanish due to their access to galleons (3 spaces per turn, and naval support) on the first turn, and the fact that all capitals are near water. 2 Galleon fleets loaded with archer and catapult armies = victory before 500 A.D. Helps to find Atlantis to tech up to mathmatics faster. ;)

Weinorok
10-27-2009, 02:11 PM
One thing to keep in mind for all strategies is that if you run into the Greeks (Knowledge of Democracy and access to pikemen) or the Brits (improved archers) it might be a good idea to attack the other civs first to hopefully improve your attacking force before you go after these two civs. Or just start the game over and try to get different foes.

Fishy2606
11-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Well, finally got it to work for me!

Used exact method described in the guide. Only thing I should mention is that you do have to be lucky with the positioning of the Civilization capitals, and that you don't get the English or Greeks.

Other than that, take your first few capitals, see how you are doing for time (the date really) to guage whether or not you can finish before 1000AD.

I finished at 450AD. Thanks for the post! Another game 1000GS'ed

Hittowl
12-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Worked for me first time, many thanks for posting this :)

selits
12-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks a lot for this... just got this achievement on my first attempt at it.

midgetjacks
12-31-2009, 03:37 PM
oh thank god that's finally done, I had tried the old method of conquering normally, closest I ever got was last capital being seiged at 1000AD, but I couldn't take the city.

this method worked for me on the first try, even with wasting some time researching before building my armies

DrowningInMagots
05-14-2010, 05:13 AM
I used a different method (rushing mongol keshik units) and finished by 2800 BC no problem

JohnnyRogue24
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the strat, it worked perfectly. Got mine around 650AD.

Megaman 8bit
06-06-2010, 06:56 PM
This worked great! it should be stickied i got deity domination done this way as well :D!

missiloon
06-08-2010, 10:24 AM
nice guide, helped me a lot. I use the mongols and won at 6oo bc

cripple695
07-05-2010, 07:21 PM
good guide except i dont know if any one said this but create settlers and move them to near the civilization that your going to attack is and build a road so you can rush more units and move them faster I did this and won in 1400 B.C.

sprinkle6
08-05-2010, 03:32 AM
The reason this achievement is hard is the original advice to start a normal game, on the money scenario, however, its soooooo easy. Do Arabs, to horsemen, i did not take one or two armies, i had 10, and tons of catapults armies, too, the ability to rush all your units and steal all the enemies gold is just unstoppable. BC win is not that hard at all :)

blackjacktrial
08-31-2010, 03:23 AM
I'd also recommend Mongols over Arabs - simply because you have a good chance if Saladin's snooping around of grabbing Religion when you defeat him (which should therefore be a priority).

I actually saved before my second civ encounter, so I could go "Hi, where are the other civs at this parteh?", and then reloaded knowing I had to head north for Mao and south through Isabella to Shaka. Also meant I could go beat on the Chinese before the treaty expired, which was nice.

Also, only bother with a barracks for one of your three components for an army - let's you get the vet bonus and a couple more units. Not critical late on, but early on you don't want to waste the opportunity to get two more horse units.

The Massacrerer
09-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the post...worked like a charm!

I went with the Mongols, and got a victory at 600 A.D.

Attacked my neighbors early with the Mongol version of the horseman, and wiped out 2 nearby Civs. Later, I made sure I attacked with 2-3 armies of Trebuchet's first, as my horsemen would get chewed up by the archers. The Trebs really loosened the defenses, allowing my horsemen to then go in an mop up.

Since this was my first game, I unlocked 13 achievements on my first go round.

Thanks again!

Augustus84
01-20-2011, 05:21 AM
So far I've tried this over 10 times, with both Arabs and Mongols, and I still can't win. I've had bad luck in regards to enemy placement as well as my POS armies losing to people despite my "advantage." Fucking bullshit how the battle system works in this game...

Lukeweizer
01-29-2011, 05:32 AM
I don't understand. It takes me 5-7 turns alone to get to Horseback riding. Then another 5-7 for archers. Not even at catapults yet. How do you do it so fast?

ZebraMuffinX
02-24-2011, 02:35 AM
THANK YOU!!!!

This got me the rest of the hard cheevos. I didn't even have to make catapults! Won by 1300 BC

It's all about huge numbers, you have to swarm the capital so they don't even have a chance to react, then build a road from the newly conquered area so you can transport units much quicker.

Delphan Rane
02-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks! This was the last achievement left for me. Won with the Mongolians at 450 AD.

Wario
03-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Works better than the one in the guide. Did it on my first try and could it get earlier, if I did not skipped some rounds. ;)

Virgin
03-16-2011, 04:46 AM
I used this with the Mongols and beat it on 450AD, even with the English AND the Greeks.

Thanks

tha sneakysnake
03-29-2011, 05:16 AM
This worked for me thanks so much!! If its not working for anyone just wait until you get a game where you have least two computers close that's what I did :)

1morey
06-28-2011, 05:05 PM
My only problem is how the enemy can insta-spawn 50 billion archers in one turn and how 1 Arab Warrior can kill a Ranger Keshik Army that has a great general.

There has to be an easier way to get this achievement (It is my last one), and No strategy has yet to work for me. I've tried the Arabs, Mongols, Aztecs, Zulu, I have tried making 7 horseman armies and they all die from 1 archer army that wasn't there, and I have tried everything. Youtube videos are useless because each map is completely different and so are the civs, so it's pretty much a success rate of 0.00001% for getting this achievement. I'm at the point right now I don't even want to bother getting achievements anymore.

I could beat CoD4, MW2, and WaW on Veteran, and I beat the Epilogue mission on CoD4 on Veteran, I beat Turok on Inhuman, and I beat Star Wars: TFU on Sith Master, yet I can't get this fricking achievement.

Is there any other victory that can be used besides Domination because that is what every strategy uses?

EDIT:

I just had a thought. Is it possible to boost online to get this achievement. Like tell everybody else that you are going for the achievement, and tell them to pull their units out of the capital city and then just put one of your units in their capital cities? Sounds like it could work?

ZB RATCHET22
07-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Worked for me, finally got my 1000.

Hratgard
08-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Great find. Using thi tactic I was able to do it by 600 bc on my first try, after having failed a couple of times with the tactic in the achivement guide.

Morbious17
04-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Well, crap. I misread the achievement and thought it said 1000bc. Got it 2 turns before 1000bc after numerous reloads..... :mad: