PDA

View Full Version : Official news on chainsaw, king, etc., etc.

A Pharmacist
09-06-2008, 04:51 AM
Behemoth has released info on all the above. Read on for details. Surprising? No. Disappointing? Yes.

http://www.thebehemoth.com/

So…………
Where’s the chainsaw? Who’s the necromancer? Where’s the King? It’s Friday night and we haven’t seen them in the game last time we checked, and here’s why……….
Prior to releasing any XBLA game to the public, the game must be tested on Microsoft’s internal network (yes we know the game has some online issues but that’s not what we’re talking about tonight). During this time anyone who has a development kit, and test kits can download a game that is still in development. In the case of Castle Crashers the game was “propped” to this internal network for two hours and not announced to any media outlet, test house, my mother. (sorry mom) We just needed it up there to run some tests.
Other developers can see and download the game, test houses can run their tests, and media outlets who have these test kits can also view these unreleased games if they happen to come across them while they are propped. This also includes any form of DLC (Downloadable Content) which is the stuff that comes out after the release of a game.
During the time that our full game and DLC was on this internal network it was picked up by several people who were lucky to have seen it in this short amount of time.
Unfortunately there was a specific case where someone had downloaded the game and made a video showing off some of the content not knowing that they were also showing some DLC which was being tested and scheduled for release at a later time.
So here we are about a week after launch and there you have it. So why didn’t we just come out of the gate saying all of this?
1. The game launched and we were on a plane to Seattle the same day for PAX
2. Our servers went down the same day the game launched, and we were on a plane to Seattle for PAX
3. We had no idea this video was actually online since we were at PAX setting up our booth, without a server, not knowing about the video.
4. Castle Crashers has some online issues as well as other technical difficulties that we are focusing on before anything else. That is our top priority.
Moving forward we can tell you that yes there will be a playable King and Necromancer. Yes, there is a chainsaw weapon, and no, they are not currently in the game.
As soon as we get more information from our friends over at Microsoft we’ll share that with you.
Flame war begin!
XOXO
-Emil-

nobodieshero
09-06-2008, 05:06 AM
Good find my friend. That news explained quite a bit.

Skull Kid
09-06-2008, 05:39 AM
I'm actually happy to see this. Now people will shut up about having this stuff!

It's disappointing to see we'll have to pay for it (maybe it'll be free???), yes, but at least they put all the retarded rumors to rest.

Penguin6412
09-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm actually happy to see this. Now people will shut up about having this stuff!

I aaaaggggrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nice find though, I never check the behemoth site :p

Kusanagi2k
09-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Well no more photoshoped pix and thousands of posts asking for that

xXGLxDASOLIDER
09-06-2008, 01:02 PM
just happy we know that there in the game but who the hell puts out DLC for a few minuetes

Tiberian
09-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Hopefully its not just extra characters. I'd love them to throw some more content in there as well.

Honestly can't see them charging us for just 2 characters. Even if they do, it'll be something like 150ms points and won't be required to have.

Zalaras
09-06-2008, 01:19 PM
This news = epic fail

QFC
09-06-2008, 02:36 PM
I wonder how long till the DLC comes out.

Iron Guitarist
09-06-2008, 09:44 PM
New characters are useless without another longer plot.

ForeverMash
09-06-2008, 10:13 PM
New characters are useless without another longer plot.

QFT!

Most of the current characters are all different-skinned clones, more of that is not worth money.

Aussie Rage
09-13-2008, 07:08 AM
just happy we know that there in the game but who the hell puts out DLC for a few minuetes
you read it wrong, the entire game and its DLC was propped, not just DLC.
And it was for 2 hours

Aussie Rage
09-13-2008, 07:10 AM
QFT!

Most of the current characters are all different-skinned clones, more of that is not worth money.

most are clones with a new skin, i can't say what Magic the king has but if you have beaten the Necromancer then you should of seen his magic, and if you missed it... you know where to find him.