PDA

View Full Version : Here some HELP for the game

LeMansFahrer
09-06-2008, 09:06 AM
I am convinced that making a Guide is difficult and pleasing everyone is impossible, so I donīt want to critisize anybody here. I finished all 3 Tournaments in one playthrough haveing no problems at all. The following things I can confirm that they work seeing that that is the way I finished the game using NO Tips mentioned in the guide.

1) I have NEVER moved the boat in the whole Tournament from easy to hard.
2) The Radar is a Toy and was NEVER used by me at all.
3) I used in EVERY challenge the Rapala Tail Dancer Lure except for the 2 challenges where you must have a certain type of lure so that it counts.
4) the most important thing in the game is that after you cast, make sure to get the " ATTRACT " (turning and then moving RS in a certain direction). If you get that right, you will ALWAYS catch the fish that you need. Donīt reel wait for the fish to bight. (This works 9 out of 10 times. If nothing bites press LS and cast again)
5) If you donīt need Respect points, cast between 30 and 50ft. If you catch a fish, you donīt have to press many button combos making it faster to reel the fish in. This is very usefull on the last challenge on Hard where you have to catch 8 Largemouth Bass in 24 minutes. Try to cast 20-30ft only, do the Attract and you will have no problem with this challenge. Donīt waste any time here, if you missed Attract reel in and cast again.
6) If you need Respect points (I agree with the Guide Tips) cast far to be able to get the Button Combos.
7) Once you got the challenge completed, continue fishing to catch some other fish for the "Fish Connoisseur" Achievement. DONīT get the Attract.
8) For all GS hunters, DONīT worry about the fish achievements, catching 50 or 25 fish of a certain kind, these will come during gameplay or after you finished all 3 challenges, you can repeat a certain one choosing exactly what you need. example: Catch a 5 star Reputation Spotted Bass in 12 minutes. This one you do again if you need some more Spotted Bass. As soon as you got 25 in total the Achievement unlocks. You can then quit. You can check in the main Menu/Extras how many you have caught.
9) I suggest to do all challenges first, then go for the Catch 50/25 fish achievements, and then do the 30 Quick Challenges. This way you can keep records on how many fish you have caught in challenges in case that you are still hunting other fish for the 15 different types in challenges.

It took me about 10 hours of playing (7 hours playing and 3 hours loading) to get 950GS. The 30 Quick challenges are the same as all the others but take some time.

I hope this helps a bit, not wanting to disagree with Mr Arrow (the guy who made the Guide) who is doing a great job but for me very confusing seeing that you donīt need things or different lures etc.

Mr Arrow
09-06-2008, 05:04 PM
You have some really good points here. I have already started using your advice and have had no problems so far completing about 10 challenges.

I particluarly like using the default lure from the starting spot. Originally I was doing this but dropped it when the fish seemed to leave the area. But I am trying it again and am catching the fish I need even when they don't show on the radar or can been seem in the water. I'll keep trying it over the weekend and will change the achievement guide if it continues to work.

This guide is all about helping people get 1000 as fast as possible, so I welcome any advice you may have. :)

Mustkill9
09-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Thank you to both of you. This will be great for when I start playing!

Streetrunner77
10-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Kudos to LeMansFahrer - I took the advice - and it worked - only have 2 cheevies now - thanks a bunch for the tip

SWAGGART
02-14-2009, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the guide it should come in handy, i just brought the game off ebay and will be staring it tommorow, ill tell how i got on, thanks in advance.SWAG

LanEvo
03-04-2009, 04:08 AM
Thanks a lot, you both. I took the game in today, hope i can get the full thousand in 2 days or so, cause it's not as good looking as it appeared to be on yt videos, and the gameplay is very confusing at first.

Well, for a cheap game, cant expect a lot, can we. I will try to put your guides to a good use :)

boldyno1
06-14-2009, 11:41 PM
great help

xPISTOLWHIPPEDx
12-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Thanx this was real helpfull and is saving me heaps of time keep up the good work...

Sinister5
06-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Both of you offer some really good tips, I appreciate the help and wanted to let you know. My wife is playing this and she loves these games and if I can offer her some help then I may make her into a gamer yet!

karlosthejackal
09-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Great Guide it made puttin up with the loadin times a touch easier to bare thanks alot :)

raidenhardcore
08-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Great guide, the "official guide" made me confused and thinking that this game was pretty difficult to figure out..
Instead is was much easier to just follow your guidelines :Bounce:

Just finished Hard Cup Master , no real problems except getting 5 16-inch fish I had to redo that one once because there were simply only small fish just random luck, Im on 8 hours and have done the tournament now have to do the rest so I guess 10+ hours seems realistic.

What is the problem with loading times? Only took 10 seconds to load a 25 minute level seems not a lot to me :)

Killerchronic
01-11-2014, 07:55 AM
What is the problem with loading times? Only took 10 seconds to load a 25 minute level seems not a lot to me :)

Considering the game hasn't been patched this one has me baffled. It's far from slow. For a game that doesn't look to have been tweaked and glossed to make anything decent (reminds me of movie games lol) its actually quick. These loading times people keep saying about... Assassins Creed IV has longer (when not installed) as does certain new first persion shooters, *cough* CoD:Ghosts, BF4...

Maybe there was some issue with a certain old console but on the slim and as of right now with no patch (there isnt one available even) it loads fine and installing to the HD might help but i considering how fast it is already i doubt its going to make a huge diff.