PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Medic! Achievement...

UCB Disco
09-06-2008, 08:30 PM
My friends and I were just playing a local game of Castle Crashers, and we all revived each other WAY more than once each. And yes, for you smart-asses, there were FOUR of us.

My question is this; Does the Medic! Achievement have to be done on Live, or should it be possible in Local as well? Because every time I have tried playing 4-player co-op on Xbox LIVE, it boots before we can even get to the Character Select screen.

Anyways... Thanks in advance for whoever clears this up.

Pashos
09-06-2008, 09:13 PM
You can do it on local. I did it this morning using 3 controllers and a guitar.
I don't know why it didn't unlock for you though

ForeverMash
09-06-2008, 09:17 PM
My guess would be that all three of your mates have to be revived in a row, rather then over the course of multiple maps. Could be wrong, tho~

UCB Disco
09-06-2008, 10:10 PM
That achievement must be glitched, then, because we tried full-resuscitation and quick resuscitation and still nothing.

We even did three people die all at once, and then one person revive all three in a row. Still nothing. We have no idea why it's not working, and as confirmed, apparently you should be able to do it in Local co-op. Oh, well.

Karfield
09-06-2008, 11:14 PM
That achievement must be glitched, then, because we tried full-resuscitation and quick resuscitation and still nothing.

We even did three people die all at once, and then one person revive all three in a row. Still nothing. We have no idea why it's not working, and as confirmed, apparently you should be able to do it in Local co-op. Oh, well.

You must be very unlucky and have some sort of an glitch with it. I just did it with 2 Guitars and Rockband drums by letting all 3 die and then reviving them.

(ah looks like you got it now, good for you ;))

Tiberian
09-07-2008, 08:11 AM
As i said in another topic, a lot of the castle crasher achievements seem to be rather buggy. In any case, glad you got it in the end.

negitorotemaki1
09-08-2008, 03:56 AM
Definitely works on local co-op.

We just did it for 3 accounts (my brother, my gf and mine) on my machine last night. One high level character and 3 level 1s each time. Waited for the 3 level 1s to die and then revived them using the high level character after mopping up.

Achievement pops, exit game, restart with the next person's turn, etc.

Reggiez
09-08-2008, 12:42 PM
It is a bit sad that some achievements are this buggy in Castle Crashers. I got this achievement through local play with three mates but we had to complete it 3-4 times before it unlocked. This has happened to some other achievements as well. It seems that the best advice is to keep on grinding until things unlock because they often do eventually.

UCB Disco
09-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah. I FINALLY got it, but after extreme measures. I actually used a different character I haven't used before, and as soon as I healed the 3rd player, achievement pops up. I was like, "You've got to be shitting me." hahahaha. But yeah. That's out of the way. Only thing left are the Ranked Online ones. :rock

Also, the achievements are definitely glitchy. I played through the whole campaign with my friend, and we collected all the animals orbs together and only I got the achievements. He even went into his single-player campaign and all the animals were in there. He's going through all the levels again just to see if it didn't register.