Guitar, Medium
Vocals, Medium

Drums, Hard
Guitar, Hard
Vocals, Hard

Drums, Expert
Guitar, Expert
Vocals, Expert

You may enter as many divisions as you wish, however, you can only win in one division per instrument. If you switch difficulties on a particular instrument mid-week, your last entry is the one that counts.

Score is what matters. The highest score in each division wins.

If you win on Medium or Hard you must move up at least one difficulty level the following week or sit the week out. If you win on Expert you must stay on Expert until you lose or sit out a week.

A screenshot of the score screen that appears after the song is completed must be posted. No other screens will be accepted as proof of score. Please have the following easily identifiable: song name, score, and instrument icon.

If you win all three instruments, No more than 1 may be Medium difficulty, in a given week (Hat Trick), you get to pick the song for the following week.

There will be no ties. First person to post a score in a division gets credit for it. Only post a score if it is higher than a score already posted.

Contest will run from Midnight (EST) Saturday to Midnight (EST) the following Saturday. The contest closes at Midnight, whether I actually post that the contest is closed or not. I will not accept any entries posted after that time.

The songs are chosen at random by computer from a list of songs that have not been played yet. I have no input into what song comes next on the list.

Special Rule for Hat Trick
In the case of multiple winning Hat Tricks posted in the same week, the following system will be used to determine the winner. Each difficulty is assigned a handicapping point value. Each Medium entry gets 1 points, each Hard entry gets 2 points, and each Expert entry gets 3 points. The person whose Hat Trick entry has the highest number of points is the winner.

Ties follow the same rules as individual entries. First one posted wins.

Special Note: Send me a PM with your song request when you think you have a Hat Trick. It prevents troubles in getting the next song up.

================================================== ===

Big thanks to soccerplaya for getting these started, and OldWIKI Tik for doing the banner graphics for both contests.

Feel free to discuss any issues you have with the contests with me.

Th3 Apache Dog
09-07-2008, 04:10 AM
Oh I can so FC this song again!...:pI'll get a score up by tomorrow. And hopefully Critical Acclaim wins:drunk

SebastianSB
09-07-2008, 04:17 AM
yay lets do another AS song next week, too! Go Go Critical Acclaim

TwistedFate
09-07-2008, 04:37 AM
Just tossing this out there now. I see the possibility of an abuse problem with this poll, so I am going to be tossing "Drive By" votes this week.

SebastianSB
09-07-2008, 04:41 AM
Just tossing this out there now. I see the possibility of an abuse problem with this poll, so I am going to be tossing "Drive By" votes this week.

That have anything to do with the fact that 50+ people voted in the last poll but we only had five or six participants?

TwistedFate
09-07-2008, 04:47 AM
That have anything to do with the fact that 50+ people voted in the last poll but we only had five or six participants?

Nevermind, forgot to set the poll as public. I can't see the voters, only the results. Dammit! I hate doing this after my caffeine wears off.

nightmare975
09-07-2008, 05:22 AM
Is afterlife DLC? If so, I'm out again.

I'm picking Dirty Little Secret, because I want to play a song I actually have.

sharonoagain
09-07-2008, 05:24 AM

I was grumbling about the exact same thing earlier. So many people I had never even heard of voted last poll and I'm sure the same thing will happen here. People see POLL and don't even read the whole post or know what's going on. :(

SebastianSB
09-07-2008, 05:27 AM
my earliest entry ever :woop:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6120/afterlifenj4.png

Not the best score but hey, I can't even beat this song in Expert.

Matrarch
09-07-2008, 05:44 AM
Hrm, I don't own this week's song and I don't think I'll pick it up. Pretty hectic week, so I won't really have the time to put in a good score. Good luck to this week's participants though. :)

killerharu45
09-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Well, I'll try this on Expert Guitar but I'm sure other people will get a better score. Such as The Apache Dog. So I may have to do hard guitar, hard drums (cuz i cant beat expert drums), or expert vocals. I actually listen to this song enough to know the pitch

Dla911
09-07-2008, 09:59 AM
I was too busy trying to get through 3 other songs to try and finsh up the druming end of the game, so did not bother buying it

sharonoagain
09-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Wow, that is actually fun song on vocals. I don 't know it much at all (my kids insist its on the radio all the time) but I got 91% on Expert the first time through ... still 80K below the top score, though. Now if I can just figure out where to breathe (holy guacamole, there are some long a** notes in there) I'll be good.

Back to singing ... am going for my last 20 GS before RB2 comes out so I'll be singing a lot this week.

JMills109
09-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Wow, that is actually fun song on vocals. I don 't know it much at all (my kids insist its on the radio all the time) but I got 91% on Expert the first time through ... still 80K below the top score, though. Now if I can just figure out where to breathe (holy guacamole, there are some long a** notes in there) I'll be good.

Back to singing ... am going for my last 20 GS before RB2 comes out so I'll be singing a lot this week.

Good luck on the GS voyage!

I'm glad a Singer likes the pick, I hadn't even tried vox before selecting this...

The Guitar and Drum charts are some of the most fun of any DLC in my opinion, which makes this one of the better songs as a full band, even if you aren't a huge fan of the music. I'd highly recommend those who don't have it yet to give it a shot.

Th3 Apache Dog
09-07-2008, 06:47 PM
http://www.consoleheroes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=23&pictureid=188
That's my Afterlife score...and on an OT note I finally GS'ed Blackened today:drunk
http://www.consoleheroes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=23&pictureid=187

sharonoagain
09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Nice GS on Blackened. Not an easy one at all! :woop:

Well, after taking a little break, I went back and nailed it. I feel pretty good about this score because I went in blind and had to learn on the fly.

http://prosemonkey.ook-ook.net/afterlifexvox.JPG

Good enough for 29th on the Scorehero forums. Leaderboards haven't updated yet but they are pretty close, prolly top 50. Will have to try to squeeeeeze now that I know the song, see if I can't get higher. :woop:

JMills, I was bummed because of your pick at first, seriously ... but after listening to it, I'm glad I picked it up. It's more fun than I thought it would be. Thanks!! :drunk

Th3 Apache Dog
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
JMills, I was bummed because of your pick at first, seriously ... but after listening to it, I'm glad I picked it up. It's more fun than I thought it would be. Thanks!! :drunk Yeah Afterlife is awesome. I'm glad he chose it:drunk...the solo is super hard though lol, also thanks, the blackened GS has been taunting me since it was a SOTW here lol

bonzojoe
09-08-2008, 03:17 PM
nice song choice, sadly i find it hard to play and sing so will only be entering on medium this week.
here's one to start of medium guitar (would have been 100% but my cat jumped on me as i went into the solo)

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t340/bonzojoe/afterlifemedium99.jpg

xCOBRAx
09-08-2008, 10:53 PM
ahhh sharon you can suck it! i actually got a new camera so im gonna make scores right now but fuck, there goes my shot at expert vocals!! well im gonna go work on hard scores...lookin to get a hat trick

Dex
09-08-2008, 11:31 PM
i actually got a new camera
Bastard. On that note, I sold my camera a few weeks ago, so I will be out of all SotW for a while...

Also, I'm also semi-officially done with Rock Band 1. I think I'm gonna take the next 6 days off and let my fingers heal up before I destroy them again with RB2.

Plus I don't have this song.

edd__
09-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Oh.. i'm the only guy who's voted for Tame? :|

But wait, i'm confused. If this week is DLC, then should there be a poll? Because presumably next week is an on-disc track, and that should have the poll?

Matrarch
09-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh.. i'm the only guy who's voted for Tame? :|

But wait, i'm confused. If this week is DLC, then should there be a poll? Because presumably next week is an on-disc track, and that should have the poll?

This week would normally be an on disc week, but the hat trick winner selected DLC. Next week, in keeping with the pattern, will again be a DLC week.

JMills109
09-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Wow Sick score Apache Dog, is that 70's in solo and FC otherwise?

Not sure if I'll be able to top that, but I really like playing this song so I'll give it a run.

Also, very nicely done Sharon, that will be super tough to even come close to!

Th3 Apache Dog
09-09-2008, 02:28 AM
Wow Sick score Apache Dog, is that 70's in solo and FC otherwise?

Not sure if I'll be able to top that, but I really like playing this song so I'll give it a run.

Also, very nicely done Sharon, that will be super tough to even come close to! Yeah that's pretty much it lol Thanks:)Also my high is 245k...i got no clue how I did that lol:p

TwistedFate
09-09-2008, 02:28 AM
ahhh sharon you can suck it! i actually got a new camera so im gonna make scores right now but fuck, there goes my shot at expert vocals!! well im gonna go work on hard scores...lookin to get a hat trick

Now honestly, did you really think you had a shot at beating her?

zvblade
09-09-2008, 03:36 AM
aww another song i dont have if dirty little secret makes it cause then im participating ^_^ it is so fun to play ^_^

nightmare975
09-09-2008, 04:28 AM
This week would normally be an on disc week, but the hat trick winner selected DLC. Next week, in keeping with the pattern, will again be a DLC week.

See, I'm not liking this hat-trick thing. People like me are unable to participate. I couldn't last week, now I can't this week, and unless DLS wins, I'll be out for another week. Three weeks. I know I haven't posted scores until two weeks ago, but I do play the songs, just not well on Hard or Expert. I'm just saying, could you only pick DLC on DLC weeks and Disc songs on disc weeks from now on?

I really hope we ditch hat-trick for Rock Band 2

xCOBRAx
09-09-2008, 05:09 AM
Now honestly, did you really think you had a shot at beating her?

something on your nose stinks twisted ;) and yes on certain songs i think i have a very good shot at beating her. If snow ever makes it as SotW i promise i will give sharon a run for her money heh

SebastianSB
09-09-2008, 04:58 PM
still 80K below the top score, though. Now if I can just figure out where to breathe (holy guacamole, there are some long a** notes in there) I'll be good.

Just wait til you hear Critical Acclaim =P I swear the singer doesn't have to breathe or something. This band's recent work is definitely my favorite out of any metal band. It's a nice switch from the usual pretend-you're-a-dog-barking metal vocals.

See, I'm not liking this hat-trick thing. People like me are unable to participate. I couldn't last week, now I can't this week, and unless DLS wins, I'll be out for another week. Three weeks. I know I haven't posted scores until two weeks ago, but I do play the songs, just not well on Hard or Expert. I'm just saying, could you only pick DLC on DLC weeks and Disc songs on disc weeks from now on?

I really hope we ditch hat-trick for Rock Band 2

Can't please everyone I guess...I fully support the regular use of DLC in SotW (and the DLC hat trick, for that matter). The vast majority of rock band songs are downloaded so I don't really see the reasoning behind putting a heavier emphasis on the (limited) disc setlist. It would really suck to download hundreds of tracks and never get a chance to use them to compete.

If Rock Band DLC was handled like GH DLC then I would understand, but honestly if you want to compete that bad I don't see the big deal about just paying the $1-2 for the song.

sharonoagain
09-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Just wait til you hear Critical Acclaim =P I swear the singer doesn't have to breathe or something. This band's recent work is definitely my favorite out of any metal band. It's a nice switch from the usual pretend-you're-a-dog-barking metal vocals.

I've already tried it. It's actually a song I'm more familiar with. Got 3% my first time through but somewhere within those 7% I got TOTALLY lost. It'll take work to FC.

See, chicks can sing this stuff. :p

killerharu45
09-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Here's mine for hard. I can only manage about 206K on expert. And this is a god awful run on Hard mode. I could do way better.

And TwistedFate, this time I actually used photobucket :P

">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc49/xXLilGiffXx/IMG_0961.jpg (http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc49/xXLilGiffXx/?action=view&current=IMG_0961.jpg)

Chilidog Chaos
09-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Here's mine:
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd339/Khaos_x3h/AfterlifeDrums.jpg
97%
201NS
Medium

Shadow Of A Man
09-10-2008, 12:15 AM
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp342/Shad0wofaman/DSC00013.jpg

Dex
09-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Bastard. On that note, I sold my camera a few weeks ago, so I will be out of all SotW for a while...

Also, I'm also semi-officially done with Rock Band 1. I think I'm gonna take the next 6 days off and let my fingers heal up before I destroy them again with RB2.

Plus I don't have this song.
Update... to myself?
Bought a new camera today. Also, played RB at Best Buy in-store display, so I am a hypocrite. Still semi-officially done with RB1. Still don't own this song.

Good luck everyone attempting Medium/Hard!

edd__
09-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Here's mine:
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd339/Khaos_x3h/AfterlifeDrums.jpg
97%
201NS
Medium
I figured i might just warn you that this photo might not be accepted, hard to make out the name and difficulty, &c. Can't say for certain whether Twisted will allow it or not, but personally i had trouble reading it.

Dla911
09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I figured i might just warn you that this photo might not be accepted, hard to make out the name and difficulty, &c. Can't say for certain whether Twisted will allow it or not, but personally i had trouble reading it.

Its abit hard to read but i can see it as Medium Cant see the name or the note Streak through and its the drums

TwistedFate
09-10-2008, 12:55 PM

I can tell it's medium drums without too much trouble, it's acceptable.

edd__
09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Ah okay, fair enough.
I don't think or know if i've seen this guy post before, s'all, so i thought i'd make sure he knew the rules and all that.
I'll just stfu next time ;D

TwistedFate
09-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Ah okay, fair enough.
I don't think or know if i've seen this guy post before, s'all, so i thought i'd make sure he knew the rules and all that.
I'll just stfu next time ;D

Nah, you are right in speaking up, sometimes I don't check this thread during the week and a better pic is always appreciated. That one is fine, though. It's the platinum artists that give me fits. He's competed before (I think).

Th3 Apache Dog
09-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Nah, you are right in speaking up, sometimes I don't check this thread during the week and a better pic is always appreciated. That one is fine, though. It's the platinum artists that give me fits. He's competed before (I think). LOL That's why I used my mom's new camera to take my pic lol:p

KoRnyWayz
09-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Medium run on drums

http://img27.picoodle.com/data/img27/3/9/11/f_mediumafterm_11a31f7.jpg

SebastianSB
09-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Medium run on drums

http://img27.picoodle.com/data/img27/3/9/11/f_mediumafterm_11a31f7.jpg

lol with a camera that small you'd better avoid becoming a platinum artist.

Mike255
09-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Small cameras dont cause small pictures. He probably just uploaded it with small dimensions.

TwistedFate
09-11-2008, 08:42 PM
*sigh* Looks like the new rules are going to have to specify minimum dimensions.

KoRnyWayz
09-11-2008, 10:22 PM
i dont have a camera so i had to use my vision cam... :(

TwistedFate
09-11-2008, 10:43 PM
i dont have a camera so i had to use my vision cam... :(

s'ok, I can see what it is, but if you can get closer to the screen in the future that would be good. All you have to be able to see is song name, score, difficulty and song icon. I don't need the whole screen.

KoRnyWayz
09-11-2008, 11:03 PM
s'ok, I can see what it is, but if you can get closer to the screen in the future that would be good. All you have to be able to see is song name, score, difficulty and song icon. I don't need the whole screen.

just got a program that should make the pic better...

EDIT:
http://img27.picoodle.com/data/img27/3/9/11/f_Picture0809m_72c0544.jpg

SebastianSB
09-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Small cameras dont cause small pictures. He probably just uploaded it with small dimensions.

you know what I mean >.<

Dla911
09-12-2008, 04:41 AM
if your going to add dimensions then i'm going to just strech mine, because this is the best i can get without my camara

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/dla911/IMG000058.jpg
I can Teak abit more in it but i will leave it like this for now :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/dla911/IMG000053.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/dla911/IMG000054.jpg

only song it once and that is all i'm doing

KoRnyWayz
09-12-2008, 01:50 PM
http://img28.picoodle.com/data/img28/3/9/12/f_Picture0809m_cf8dba2.jpg

bonzojoe
09-12-2008, 02:55 PM
new medium guitar score, kinda annoyed, i got 120k but as i reached for camera i knocked the green button and this is best i've been able to do since.

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t340/bonzojoe/afterlifeguitarmedium100.jpg

KoRnyWayz
09-12-2008, 08:07 PM
http://img29.picoodle.com/data/img29/3/9/12/f_Picture0809m_5b19841.jpg

sharonoagain
09-13-2008, 05:09 PM
You know, I just have to say something. I get really offended when everyone says that the vocals are the easiest part of the game. If it's so easy, why don't we have more vocal entries?

I know drumming takes coordination (that I don't have) and guitar takes dexterity (that I also don't have) but just because a RockBand loser like me does well on the vocal tour, that doesn't mean that vocals is easy. This song is a perfect example. You think its going to be a cakewalk but its not ... very few opportunities to breathe, very few activations, and it's all over the scale.

I say this now because my son is working on a vocal score. He loves RockBand, plays the hell out of it on guitar, but he hardly ever tries competing on vocals. And he can sing! If it is so easy, why not go for it? If I could do drums or guitar, I would. I just don't get it.

Ok, done for now. Just wanted to get that off my chest. :p

SikThface
09-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Here is my score. just doin it for teh lulz.

http://prosemonkey.ook-ook.net/afterlifemedvox2.JPG

do love this band.

JMills109
09-13-2008, 08:56 PM
So I guess I'm not going to be posting a score in my own song choice this week. :p

However, I did get way better on Drums and Guitar than my previous high scores, Unfortunately had to leave town unexpectedly for the weekend, so no more attempts.

sharonoagain
09-14-2008, 04:07 AM
Contest is closed. Twisted has lost his internet connection and will post the winners as soon as he can. :(

TwistedFate
09-14-2008, 04:37 AM
Contest is closed

Winners:
Drums, Medium: KoRnyWayz
Guitar, Medium: bonzojoe
Vocals, Medium: SikThface

Drums, Hard:
Guitar, Hard: killerharu45
Vocals, Hard: KoRnyWayz

Drums, Expert: Shadow Of A Man
Guitar, Expert: Th3 Apache Dog
Vocals, Expert: sharonoagain

Dex
09-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Congrats, winners!

Sharon - anytime you want to get anything off your chest, please feel free. Twisty is gonna punch me in my face for that comment :)

sharonoagain
09-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Heh, thanks Dex, I knew you would understand. Or be a perv. :p

Speaking of getting things off my chest ... umm, I hate to be a pain but I think I won Expert Vocals? Shadow of a Man, Sharonoagain, they kinda rhyme but I did double (and triple) check just to make sure.

(I know, probably an error, just wanted to point that out.)

TwistedFate
09-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Heh, thanks Dex, I knew you would understand. Or be a perv. :p

Speaking of getting things off my chest ... umm, I hate to be a pain but I think I won Expert Vocals? Shadow of a Man, Sharonoagain, they kinda rhyme but I did double (and triple) check just to make sure.

(I know, probably an error, just wanted to point that out.)

Yeah, you won, My excel sheet got fubar and I messed up the reconstruction of it.

sharonoagain
09-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Yeah, you won, My excel sheet got fubar and I messed up the reconstruction of it.

S'ok, dear, I know you have a lot on your plate right now.