PDA

View Full Version : getting xbox repaired (UK)

lwokyle
09-07-2008, 08:18 AM
hey i was just wondering if anyone can share how long it took ms to send back your xbox once ups send it. i am from scotland. so if anyone else from scotland has sent one away before it would be nice to know haha. i am so bored without it this is what my boredom has come to.

just hope i get it back before star wars or even before tna that would be nice!

Tiberian
09-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm not from Scotland (i live in England) but its takes about 2 weeks tops, sometimes a lot quicker than that. My Xbox was sent to the repair centre in Germany, which i imagen is where yours has been sent as well. It took about 2 or 3 days to actually get there, 2 days to repair (i think) and then was sent back. Then the rest of the time i was just waiting for UPS to bring it back which took like 4 or 5 days... So yeah, the turn around process is quite fast but UPS can be very slow.

Decaying Rat
09-07-2008, 09:41 AM
This feb it took them 4 weeks, and the latest repair took them 2 weeks, which was in July.

The Answer PNE
09-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Mine took between 2 and 3 weeks to fix and send back, and that was back in February.

Cpl MattBlack
09-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm from England but it probably doens't make much of a difference. It took them 2 weeks for me. The entire easter holiday without a 360. Got RRoD'd the day I bought GH3 as well. I also got a free month of Xbox Live Gold with it as well so I guess that was nice.

stephenmilne27
09-07-2008, 12:57 PM
The first time last October it took just over a month!
The second time which was in June or July ( i can't remember) took 10 days. And they all get sent to Frankfurt in Germany i think so i doubt it will take any more than 2 weeks.

Hope you get it back soon!

dm master
09-07-2008, 03:46 PM
mines been repaird once and it was back last year in the summer and it took them 3-4 weeks but they said 5 weeks so hey :)

(england)

AlexUplinked
09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I think when I sent mine off, it came back to me in like 2 weeks. I think I was luckier than some :p

[Alex]

martin88
09-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Took 3 days first time. Tuesday: pick up. Wed: dispatched from wherever they fix it.
Thurs: arrive.

Took 12 days second time.

lwokyle
09-08-2008, 02:46 PM
thanks for the help :)

although i checked my repair status and it still say's they are awaiting it.

which makes me think UPS must be extremely slow. just hope it is not much longer i am getting annoyed. might have to get my playstation 2 back from my friend and play that.