PDA

View Full Version : Reducing gamerscore?

Gnostiko
09-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey everyone, been lurking around x360a for a while, but I thought I'd register and ask a question since something incredibly annoying has occured and I'm hoping someone here can help me remedy it!
Basically I'd like to know if it's possible to delete a game completely from your hard drive, including from your profile/gamerscore.
My friend's 360 suffered the RRoD, so he's been bringing his games around and just leaving them at my place, if he isn't helping me get the 2-player achievements, I'm getting the single player ones when I've got the time. He's got a fairly decent selection of games and we have similar(ish) tastes. However, I've kind of put the kaibosh on playing anymore of his games because I'll be moving away soon and I don't like playing games where I'll only be getting a couple of achievements before never playing it again, and I don't intend to buy any of the games he's got...
So last night he introduces me to Vampire Rain (I guess our tastes aren't that similar then!) which, aside from it's poor gameplay, requires a relatively large investment of time to get any single-player achievements on, and I only have a silver account on Live (which I don't intend to update anytime soon).

I read in the FAQ that 0 score games can't be wiped from your list, but I thought this *might* be an exception considering I haven't connected to Live in ages (if that makes a difference) and the score is technically '--' and not '0'.

Please say I can....

:D

[Waggly Bean]
09-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Nope I don't think so.

Recovering your gamertag might get rid of it, but you will also lose all the achievements you have got since you last connected you XBox to Live.

So basically there is no simple way to do it. :(

dragonboyandy
09-07-2008, 11:34 AM
No I'm afraid you can't get rid of games from your list of played titles. What you read about the games with 0 points being taken off was actually that Microsoft were considering not putting a game on your played list untill you had an achievement, and would delete all titles with 0 points I believe. But once you've put a game in your disc tray and logged in, it's on your list. And as for being silver, it won't make any difference if your xbox is physically connected to the internet.

iNSANiTY
09-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Search button.

Fail.

This thread has come up 100's of times now.

Bax x360a
09-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Search button.

Fail.

This thread has come up 100's of times now. No need to be so harsh, the guys new here.

Unfortunately you can't delete a game from your profile at present. However, there has been rumours that a future Xbox Live update will provide us with the ability to remove 0 games from our profiles :)

Pootcrum
09-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Search button.

Fail.

This thread has come up 100's of times now.

Yeh his question isnt quite the same as all the others. His question is, because he hasnt connected to live can he remove the game from his list ie. recover the tag without the game on it (unless I misunderstood). And like has been stated you could recover your tag from live, but doing so would mean your tag would be whatever it was last time you logged in which could mean lots of lost gamerscore.

:locked:locked:locked

Pashos
09-07-2008, 12:51 PM
No you can't erase games off of your game list.
You can only do that if you get the achievements offline and then recover your gamertag.

dm master
09-07-2008, 03:53 PM
if you havent ever played the game while connected to the internet or been connected since having played it then you can recover your GT on another console and it would wipe it off (i think) but you would also lose any other achivements you had gained since you have been offline...

Ruthless
09-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Right what you do is wait til ur mates 360 is back then you rent Vampire Rain, get a 48 hour code and boost the shit out of it. It takes less than one hour to get 650 GS and then everyone is happy.

Parkerktm
09-07-2008, 06:22 PM
If i read it correctly you can not delete those games from your tag but like Bax said it's been rumored that you'll be able to take 0 off your tag.

However, if your playing offline (not connect to Silver XBL) and earn achievements and before signing in on the console that you just played recover your tag on another console. That will delete everything that you played since being offline and then just recover your tag on the original console.

Tenacious
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
No, but I think it should be allowed. If it's 0 gamerscore, I don't get why the hell not.

A Satyr
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I heard the new console update will let you remove games from your list with 0 score

dakisbac
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I wish, but no