PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Vision Camera

MaGiCaL MoNKeY MaN
09-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Hey guys, I have a question. Could I use my Xbox Vision camera on my Laptop? Is there anything like a program that I could use that would let me be able to use it on my Laptop?

BouncingBalls22
09-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't know if it works on a laptop, but a friend of mine uses is Vision on his PC. So, it should work on a laptop too

neok182
09-07-2008, 04:14 PM
yea it works. not too good on AIM though. makes everything green for some reason.

Missis Beki
09-07-2008, 04:21 PM
I think its should be fine to use, I use mine on the PC, it isnt great but cheaper than buying a new webcam, I think its just a plug and play kinda thing no need to download a driver

Sinister5
09-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Yes it should be OK if you dont mind a bit of a compromise with quality. Its acceptable on our laptop, works better on my desktop, but I get the most quality with it believe it or not, on my PS3!!

Wehttam
09-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I have a question that is vice versa to his, i have a standard logitech webcam for my PC and does anyone know if it will work with my 360? Its plugged in via usb so i dont see why it shouldnt. But i think microsoft wanted to make you buy a vision camera.

neok182
09-07-2008, 07:14 PM
if you have Vista you have to install a driver to get the camera to work. on XP i believe it just works.

Daywalker-san
09-07-2008, 07:16 PM
It will work on both XP and Vista. in both cases, when prompted tell windows to search Windows Update for the drivers.

Jimmy Hapa
09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
This is a off topic, but people seem to know their live vision cameras here...so here goes. I was wondering if you could use the live vision camera with the msn chat function of the 360. I'm guessing you can't, but any definitive answer would be appreciated.

Glad to know that you can use the camera on computers!

Lucent Beam
09-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Your Vision cam will work with your computer. It works really well with Skype, in my experience.

I have a question that is vice versa to his, i have a standard logitech webcam for my PC and does anyone know if it will work with my 360? Its plugged in via usb so i dont see why it shouldnt. But i think microsoft wanted to make you buy a vision camera.

No, it won't work.

neok182
09-08-2008, 05:28 PM
This is a off topic, but people seem to know their live vision cameras here...so here goes. I was wondering if you could use the live vision camera with the msn chat function of the 360. I'm guessing you can't, but any definitive answer would be appreciated.

Glad to know that you can use the camera on computers!

don't think so. had it pluged in and was talking to someone on MSN and i couldn't find any option for video chat on the 360 for MSN. works perfectly on a PC though obviously lol.

The REAL LegacY
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
yeh it works

Jimmy Hapa
09-14-2008, 02:14 PM
don't think so. had it pluged in and was talking to someone on MSN and i couldn't find any option for video chat on the 360 for MSN. works perfectly on a PC though obviously lol.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll buy it anyway...probably just use it on the PC since it works, apparently!