PDA

View Full Version : HD DVD options please suggest!!

Sinister5
09-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Got an HD DVD player for my 360 two weeks ago brand new in the box, with King Kong and the media remote for $25 from my local Kmart. I know I can find any movies locally, but I was wondering if anyone had any dirt cheap online outlets to search for some titles that would be worth buying before all the movies are gone.

Ebay has some auctions, however many of them are over $10 and I have seen on half.com (an ebay co.) that many can be had for under $7! Just curious if anyone else shops on the cheap for some HD DVD's since they are basically done for.

Even though the format is dead, its still a nice quality image and I think well worth a $25 investment but only if in the next few months I can stockpile all the good movies that came out initially.

Thanks for any suggestions guys and gals, I appreciate the help!

Tussell
09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
If you have a Fry's Electronics near you, they have them dirt cheap. The one by me has thousands of them too!

Sinister5
09-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Tussell,
Thanks for the reply. I never even thought of Frys! I have one abit less than 2 hours away. I was going to take a spin that way in a few weeks to see about a PC, and now it looks like HD DVD's as well!

That really helped me out. I may have ran across them when there yes, but now I know to look. Thanks again bro!

Any other suggestions guys and gals?

Parkerktm
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Fry's is a great choice, Tussell taught you well ;)

You could also check out Ebay

or

http://hddvdboxsets.com/index.php

dm master
09-07-2008, 09:18 PM
arnt they getting cheaper pretty much everywhere so cant u just try and find any shop and buy the ones which are cheaper?

Ben Sharpe
09-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Try Amazon, I got loads off there for really cheap, albeit in the UK, but I think they should do the same in the US

darkskyofclouds
09-08-2008, 02:44 PM
LOL i was at circuit city sunday by my house and there was a OPEN BOX HD DVD Player for 360 only 39.88 who would want it they dont even make HD dvd's anymore now that blu-ray won the war but hey i understand only $25 new what a deal