PDA

View Full Version : Deity Tech Win... I CANT GET IT!

DeltaCoMMander8
09-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I cant get it, ive used the lightning round with the aztecs and it diddnt work, this is one of the last achievements i need, next to the 1000 AD one. Any help to find a strategy that works or tips on how to get easier on the stratgies would be appreciated.

plumbpist
09-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I did it on the lightning round scenario, like the guide says. Switched government to Democracy, built temple/cathedral/courthouse and then put my production to science, etc...It took me about 18 times until it worked, but in the end it did work! I even lost a city and still won...just keep at it.

Wreckon Dracgon
09-08-2008, 06:03 PM
First let me say that while the guide is useful in giving tips some of the game is the luck of the draw, and the lay of the land. But just about everything on the guide was of absolute no help to me. This is how I managed the Deity Tech Win.

Start a standard single player game, and the first thing you should do is scout the area to find a good place (with lots of science to start your civilization). Do this by saving as soon as the game starts. The ideal setup you’re looking for is mountains to your back (or a forest, but you lose the added protection of the mountain) and water to your front. I was lucky enough to find an area with all three and the mountains had gold. So try and search for one yourself. If you don't find one or get captured, just reload the save, or if you couldn't find one, start a new game.

Now let me tell you what you are going after in what I provide below. An area of land to start with a mountain for production, and water for science. If you can find one that also offers silk, farming, a whale, etc.. great. Then you are going to build your city, and population. Forget money (for now) and production. You want to learn Democracy. Which means alphabet, writing, code of law, etc… look at the technology tree and get yourself to Democracy now onto full details.

Once you have the ideal location settle your settlers. Once you have your first army start building another and take your first unit out exploring. Do not rush your second unit. You’ll need to conserve the cash you are given at the beginning of the game. After building your second unit start building a Galley (this might take a while).

As the Aztecs your troops will heal after victory which is great, and once you reach medieval times you’ll get the 3+ science bonus for your temples. As you march out with your troops you are sure to find a Barbarian Hut, this is what you are looking for. Destroy it and collect the gold (should be 40-50). After destroying that unit the main camp of the Barbarians will be revealed so head there and destroy it. Now this is where luck comes in. As I traveled to the main Barbarian hut, I discovered a desert and forest earning me 15 and 20 gold respectively. So I now had 100 gold and was gifted a settler. Once I destroyed the main camp of the Barbarians I was gifted a Galley. More than likely you won’t be given a Galley that’s why you’re building one. Once built use it to head off to an island, try and find one with a whale and settle your settlers. If you happen to be given a Galley, switch the Galley production to a Temple.

Now your cities should be growing like crazy and you should have a Democracy. The time in between should be used for taking your Galley (with a Warrior unit) out exploring the world to earn cash, kill Barbarians until you find their main camp, then destroying said main camp, and looking for artifacts. I was able to find a good deal of cash and more importantly three great people. As far as buildings go focus on the usually, temple, courthouse, market, university bank, you should also be gifted lots of bonus as you’ll be the first to develop each technology. You can also start using that 100 gold right after you are given your settlers. You should be able to rush yourself two armies. You can also build yourself some catapults and horsemen, but most times you’ll be left alone. But as one of the achievements state “Above All Else Be Armed”. Also SAVE A LOT.

You should beat all the other civilizations easily to 48 techs. This can also be done to get you the Domination, Economic, and Cultural wins Just make a save before ending the game. You can also get the resource achievements doing this method. You’ll be using Tanks and Bombers when the other civilizations are still on horses and using archers. So if they have a mountain retreat take it, if they build the Shakespeare Theater take it, just make a save towards the end and you’ll save yourself a lot of time.

Shaftiel
09-09-2008, 07:52 AM
I used the method described * here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81623) * by CucciKutta (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=24363) instead and got all 3 deity wins that I needed off the same game (just save before you win); play the Mortal Kombat scenario with whoever your favorite Civ is. The other nations will be so busy fighting each other that you will have a LOT of breathing room. Granted, you need to actually play the full game instead of just hunkering down, but it's much easier than normal diety.

-Shaftiel