PDA

View Full Version : How I got my last 3 great people in less than 30 minutes (Cheops, Gilgamesh and Plato

ReussDr
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Note: I was also able to get Imhotep using this strategy, but I had already unlocked him.

I played a number of Beta Centauri scenarios and had gotten a lot of the late tech GP, but was missing a lot of the early ones. Beta Centauri seems to either favor later tech GP, or provide an even balance, but if the great people you need are unlocked by early tech, it's not helpful.

Instead, create a game with these settings:
Scenario: It's all about the Money
Race: English (at least, that's what worked for me)
Difficulty: Chieftain, so that others will leave you alone.

English work well because you start with Monarchy. Find out the techs that you need in order to be able to unlock the GP that you need (in my case, Cheops needs Masonry, Gilgamesh needs Horseback Riding, Plato needs Pottery). Research only the techs you need, along with Ceremonial Burial to be able to unlock building a temple. As soon as you finish researching those techs, turn off future science production. This will limit the GP that you can receive, so you are more likely to get the people that you're looking for. If you don't get the people you're looking for within the first 5 or 6, quit the game and repeat. You do not have to finish the round in order to have the GP count as unlocked.

In 2 games I was able to get the 3 people I was looking for. Even attempting this a couple times won't take long. This strategy only works for GP that are unlocked by early techs.

ReussDr
09-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Note: It doesn't require the scenario all about the money, but that way if you need to rush build anything, you already have the cash on hand to be able to do so.

Shaftiel
09-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks, this worked like a charm for me; it actually took me about 5 minutes to get the last person.

-Shaftiel

Finnan
09-10-2008, 01:18 AM
This strategy worked great for me! I only needed Plato, and I got him on my second try for this strat. After having spent 10+ hours on trying to get Plato, this strat brought him out in 10-15 minutes max!

Thanks a lot!

GrUnTxSKaTeR
09-14-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm repeatedly getting GP's that require Networking, Advanced Flight, Space Flight, The Corporation, and Atomic Theory. The only early tech GP I've gotten was Plato, and I need Homer and Sargon.

Basic BG
09-30-2008, 10:16 PM
im also getting late tech GP when i need early GP. i thought you have to have a tech researched in order to unlock a certain GP but i keep getting late tech GP from techs i haven't even come clost to researching???

Blacky
10-03-2008, 09:45 AM
The last GP i need is mr. Eli Whitney - Humantarian

I know he is associated with Mass Production.
How do i get there , play a scenario ? ( wich one ) or an regular game ?
I play a lot , got 870 gs in this game but i never seem to end up with Mass Production.

WOW, just got him.
I started a regular game and found an wonder and with that came two GP's.

Crusader828
10-05-2008, 03:27 AM
how do you turn off future science production?
just dont research any more techs?

Crusader828
10-05-2008, 03:29 AM
cause i need one more person and its cheops or watever

i really need that achievement

bombfirst885
10-05-2008, 01:50 PM
how do you turn off future science production?
just dont research any more techs? I would also like to know this.

x HaVoK 07
10-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Just swap science to gold in your city and dont settle any Great scientists.
You shouldn't get bugged to research then.....at least for a while :-)

snrdragon
10-17-2008, 11:39 PM
im also getting late tech GP when i need early GP. i thought you have to have a tech researched in order to unlock a certain GP but i keep getting late tech GP from techs i haven't even come clost to researching???
I have been trying to get Agamemnon for I do not know how many days. I have actually just learned both bronze and iron working and using the japanese to get a temple to begin with I thought I would have a 1/3 chance of getting the guy. What I got were Marie Curis and J.S. Bach before I get to 500AD which I know these two were not around at that time. This statement at the beginning of the tread I have tried many times and still get last tech GPs and maybe one early.

SC Defective
11-16-2008, 01:31 AM
Woooo! Finally.

I followed this strategy, but did not get Homer within 6 GP. But I usually dont like to just quit out anyway. I would rather play through.

The Americans were within 8000g to winning the match so I loaded up like 20 warrior armies and sailed them across the ocean and stormed Washington with warriors lol.
After taking their capitol and allowing them peace, the next turn Homer decided to pay a visit to my capitol. Thank you 1000gamer points. Now I can trade this in guilt free for Left 4 Dead.

spunyun
12-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I've been trying for days to get Aesop.

I've tried beta centauri, golden age, and all about money with at least 3 different civs each multiple times, as well as playing a new game and going all the way through. I've researched writing first, played as the Chinese, done everything imaginable and I still can't unlock Aesop. This achievement seriously blows.

Dark Ronin
12-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I've been trying for days to get Aesop.

I've tried beta centauri, golden age, and all about money with at least 3 different civs each multiple times, as well as playing a new game and going all the way through. I've researched writing first, played as the Chinese, done everything imaginable and I still can't unlock Aesop. This achievement seriously blows.

I agree. Researching Techs doesn't seem to do squat. I played All About the Money as every single civilization last night, researching ONLY Alphabet and Writing to get Aesop and Plato. The game gave me Pythagoras and Aristotle, almost every time. I considered that extremely odd, as I had not researched Mathmatics yet.

The game will give you Great People for Techs you have not researched. Makes me wonder what the point is. There must be some kind of method to the madness, but I'll be puckered if I can figure out what.

REDBEES
12-23-2008, 05:20 AM
got my last person cheops with this method, thank you so much, I've had this game since release. 1000/1000 GS:)

PeterTheWolf
01-07-2009, 11:01 PM
This is driving me nuts as the other points were fairly easy but the randomness is batty.
After a few days of solid play I still need:
Pythagoras - Mathematics
Nebuchadnezzar - Construction
Marco Polo - Currency

Ideas?

clothes_addict
01-21-2009, 12:41 AM
cant seem to get homer or plato using this method

WarEnsemble23
01-22-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm confused. I thought they were all random. I have been doing the Beta Centauri scenario and working my way through playing to the youtube video/strat listed in the guide. I am getting a lot of dupplicate GPs. I thought that scenario gave you all of the techs unlocked. Is it not possible to get all of the GPs this way? Do I need to try something else first?

Loadout
01-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I got my last great person Plato using this method in about 1 hour. I also ended up getting Homer, Cheops, Marco Polo and Imhotep several times each in the process (just thought id mention these as a large majority of 'help with this great person' threads are on these people).

mig0
02-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Got a question. I need Homer and can't seem to get him to appear myself, but another civilization created Homer. I used a spy to steal Homer from the English. Can I get credit for that? And if so, when/how? I've stolen homer, yet no achievement.

Five bi Five
02-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks, got my last 2nd try (Gilgamesh)

zombies risen
03-05-2009, 09:51 PM
This totally worked a treat. Thanks for posting this. I got Frederick Douglas on my third try.

JaMeZiZbAcK
03-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Nice strategy. I did it by starting as the Americans, and quitting out until I got who I wanted, haha.

Mike Langlois
03-11-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm confused. I thought they were all random. I have been doing the Beta Centauri scenario and working my way through playing to the youtube video/strat listed in the guide. I am getting a lot of dupplicate GPs. I thought that scenario gave you all of the techs unlocked. Is it not possible to get all of the GPs this way? Do I need to try something else first?

Beta Centauri does unlock all the techs, however if a different nation gets the GP before you, you cant get it that game. If you steal the GP it doesnt count, i know because i stole my last one (Gilgamesh) and havent got the achievement >.<

Nadesico
03-15-2009, 12:08 PM
This worked a treat for me too, Sargon and Aesop in two tries, after dozens of attempts with the Greek Beta Centauri method. So a thank you to ReussDr.

Whiztler
03-18-2009, 12:50 PM
I have been trying to get Agamemnon for I do not know how many days. I have actually just learned both bronze and iron working and using the japanese to get a temple to begin with I thought I would have a 1/3 chance of getting the guy.

Some say that certain GP's come more frequently to some civilizations, so if it can help you in your quest for Agamemnon I got him as the second GP while playing the russian civilization.

/Whiz

mig0
03-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Blah. Still trying to get Homer.

Obey
03-21-2009, 10:28 PM
This method worked really great! Finally got Plato and Imhotep, which i had been trying to get forever.

I misread the initial instructions, but after figuring it out, i was able to get them, although Plato showed up after the 7th GP. Basically you want to only research enough techs to build a temple or anything that increases culture. I played as the Americans. Also spent the rest building wonders, and converting to a Monarch government. From there i would change the science to gold, and finish the game having never made it to the medieval age. Got all the GP associated with the ancient age.

Thanks!

Darth Nightwing
04-13-2009, 02:05 AM
My last two hard ones were Plato and Homer. I used England. I researched writing and Hamoer was the 2nd GP I received. I played many times and picked pottery for Plato and nothing. I switched to Americans, researched pottery after the 5th GP I finally received him.

Cameron Speirs
04-20-2009, 04:51 AM
For Homer as he is a greek would being the greeks help?

E vee dub
04-22-2009, 12:43 AM
--Researching the technology that each Great Person (GP) is known for allows that GP to settle in your civilization.

My last missing GP was Imhotep. After following the video 5 times, he never showed up. I played until turns ran out and sent in spies in each city for the sole purpose of stealing GPs and I never got him.

So I did like this thread suggested.

I only researched the technology for the individual GPs. Then I turned off my science. When my culture reached the next level, the GP I wanted showed up.

I already made a separate thread for this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/420/s47.jpg Here's Looking at You, Kid 45 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Unlock all famous persons.

It seems a Great Person (GP) is more likely to show up after you have researched their corresponding technology.

Following the video in the guide will give you a very large majority of the GPs (but there's no limit to who shows because all Techs are already researched in the Beta Centauri scenario). For those pesky few who evade you, here's a quick reference list for you.

Game type : New Game
Difficulty : Chieftain
Civilization : French (for culture), or anyone really
Research only the necessary technologies for the GP you're looking for. Once you have the technology, turn your science off for gold and up your culture. (Techs for Temples and Cathedrals won't hurt. If you get a GP you don't need, keep increasing culture until your GP shows.)

These are in order as you scroll to the right to each image/silhouette.

Scientists (Top-Left Painting)
- Albert Einstein ----------Atomic Theory
- Enrico Fermi ------------ Nuclear Power
- Otto Lilienthal ---------- Flight
- Marie Curie ------------- Metallurgy
- Pythagoras ------------- Mathematics
- Alexander Graham Bell - Corporation
- Archimedes ------------- Engineering
- Guglielmo Marconi ------ Electronics
- Confucius --------------- Literacy
- Solomon ---------------- Code of Laws
- Thomas Edison --------- Electricity

Builders (Top-Middle Painting)
- Cheops ----------------- Masonry
- James Watt ------------ Steam Power
- Imhotep ---------------- Ceremonial Burial
- George Stephenson ---- Steel
- Gilgamesh -------------- Horseback Riding
- Nebuchadnezzar-------- Construction
- Leonardo da Vinci ------- Invention

Humanitarians (Top-Right Painting)
- Albert Schweitzer ------- Globalization
- Eli Whitney -------------- Mass Production
- Thomas Becket --------- Feudalism
- Florence Nightingale ----- Gunpowder
- Johannes Gutenberg ---- Printing Press
- Lao Tzu ----------------- Irrigation
- Frederick Douglas ------- Railroad

Artists/Thinkers (Bottom-Left Painting)
- Leopold Stokowski ------- Superconductor
- Aesop ------------------- Writing
- Sophocles --------------- Democracy
- Charles Babbage --------- Networking
- Aristotle ----------------- University
- Fyodor Dostoevsky ------- Industrialization
- Plato -------------------- University (yeah, same as Aristotle)
- Karl Marx ---------------- Communism
- Homer ------------------- Alphabet
- J.S. Bach ---------------- Religion

Explorers (Bottom-Middle Painting)
- Wilbur Wright ------------- Advanced Flight
- W.R. Hearst -------------- Mass Media
- Roald Amundsen ---------- Combustion
- Tippu Sultan -------------- Space Flight
- Henry Ford ---------------- Automobile
- Marco Polo ---------------- Currency
- Vasco da Gama ------------ Navigation
- Christopher Columbus ------- Banking
- Sargon -------------------- Bronze Working

Leaders (Bottom-Right Painting)
- Agamemnon ---------------- Iron Working
- David ---------------------- Monarchy

S.M. Civilization Revolution

gray
05-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Thx for this. Used this to get the last GP (Cheops) which was missing.
Having used this method serveral time I noticed when I hadn't got that great person, therefore saving time.
Make a note of what type of person you require. E.g Cheops is a builder, so when you get a GP that is a great builder and isn't the one you require, restart again till you get the GP you require.

Many Thanks

zimzvm
05-03-2009, 04:11 PM
a DECENT writeup !
thanks alot.

I be definitely using this when I come to few missing. so far I'm kinda halfway there ; ]

Domantos
05-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Looks like an interesting strategy. I have only one GP left to find, not sure who it is, but he/she is in the middle lower picture, in the middle of the top row.

Atm I'm not to fussed about it, as I still have 10 games ahead of me to have won with all civs. There is also the 'That we may live in peace' to do, that looks like a real challenge to me.

/Domantos

Major Pancakes
05-13-2009, 10:22 AM
You are a genius. That trick worked a charm for me.

zimzvm
05-13-2009, 01:06 PM
so far it doesn't work for me, but I was maybe doing something wrong... if it is even possible, considering how simple it is. lolz.
either way I'll this today after I get back from work. it's the last chance for this game in the last couple of weeks maybe months : P

zimzvm
05-14-2009, 07:53 AM
I give up !
tomorrow after nearly 4 hours of trying lots of different strategies I got only two of the four missing GPs - George Stephenson and Homer that is. I got them fairly fast, during first 30-40 minutes.

next 3h was the lost time of suffering. I tried every single strategy I found here on the forums and nothing seemed to help in getting Plato and Agamemnon. It's really frustrating that I have totally no control over what I get. it's really pissing me off for I can play for years and don't get those two : /

any additional tips on how to get this two bastards ?
French no, Americans no, Greeks no, Romans no.
Beta Centauri no, '1000 gold' mission no, 'ride the lightning' mission no.

no idea : /

Razzattack99
05-27-2009, 09:23 AM
i remember i thought up this when i needed plato for like 8 hours, I'm glad someones posted this to help other people, good job. Only difference I tried myself was i just did a skirmish, researched horse riding, then built 100 men in my city :P

CriscoDisco878
05-31-2009, 05:59 AM
i wasnt even trying to get this until i realized i had one guy left. which is Homer, now it's just driving me crazy

fixer187
05-31-2009, 05:18 PM
I was going crazy with this achiv, the only one I was searching for was Homer. After a month not playing the game I started playing with the Americans like it was told in this thread. I researched only the alphabet and switched to gold and build stonehenge and after this another miracle and switched my workrescource off in the city. After the second try I got Homer, FINALLY!!! :D

zimzvm
05-31-2009, 06:34 PM
maybe there is some glitch that lets one get this achievement after playing certain amount of time... a month or so ; ]

Primate
06-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Took me about 19 hours to finally get my last GP to show up (Gilgamesh)
I played a game as the French on chieftain, developed NO tech and got Homer, Plato and then Gilgamesh. Was so happy to get that last 45gs to be done with the game :woop:

Nuclearbiscuit
06-13-2009, 12:34 PM
"You do not have to finish the round in order to have the GP count as unlocked."

I have 2 GP's to go, Plato and Sophocles. I unlocked Plato played on a bit and got a few more but it wasn't Sophocles so i quit, but Plato doesn't appear in my Hall of Glory :(

Sploitz85
06-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I have 2 GP's to go, Plato and Sophocles. I unlocked Plato played on a bit and got a few more but it wasn't Sophocles so i quit, but Plato doesn't appear in my Hall of Glory :(

Huh, that's weird. I got Gilgamesh and after I got a few more I didn't need I quit, and he's in my Hall o' Glory.

Sploitz85
06-24-2009, 08:09 AM
FINALLY! When I was literally at the edge of my rope and about to send this thing back to Gamefly, I got them, and it seems like the best way to get the really early-era people, like Homer, Plato, Agamemnon (the three I got in one game) is to play the Money Matters scenario and to be France. The cathedral they start with allows you to guarantee that you will get a famous person almost exactly when you finish researching alphabet, and out popped Homer. Then I was in the middle of researching stuff to make my way to Agamemnon, and got Plato randomly (despite him being Univ. tech related). After that I started getting more modern people and was getting worried, but I let it keep going for awhile and Agamemnon appeared. Seldom have I been so relieved to hear the sound of an achievement unlocking. It would've blown to have sent this back with 955/1000.

pirri
06-24-2009, 08:44 AM
I hate GP, I'm looking for Marx and Homer, but damn, they don't appear!!

Sploitz85
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I hate GP, I'm looking for Marx and Homer, but damn, they don't appear!!

Try my strategy for Homer above. As for Marx, he appeared in almost every damn game I played, especially using the Beta Centauri strategy.

zimzvm
06-24-2009, 06:43 PM
the problem is that there are lots of strategies and none of them seems to be solid.
it's pure luck to get the last missing people, unfortunately.

pirri
06-25-2009, 12:08 PM
the problem is that there are lots of strategies and none of them seems to be solid.
it's pure luck to get the last missing people, unfortunately.

:goodpost I'll try Sploitz system!!:rock

zimzvm
06-25-2009, 01:41 PM
all I got left is to wish you luck. I didn't have any...

pirri
07-04-2009, 01:05 PM
all I got left is to wish you luck. I didn't have any...

:uzi::uzi:I hate this achiev!!!it's the last one and no Homer or Marx pop up from 2 weeks..

DaddyFatSnacks
07-07-2009, 02:33 PM
I was also having a hard time getting Agamemmnon to show up. But I got it today on my first try as the Russians on Beta Centauri. It also happened to be the first time I had ever played with the Russians. So maybe there is certain civilizations that pop up certain people more often. Now all I have left is Gilgamesh.

DaddyFatSnacks
07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I played a game as the French on chieftain, developed NO tech and got Homer, Plato and then Gilgamesh. Was so happy to get that last 45gs to be done with the game :woop:

This worked for me to. I switched my city from producing science to gold right from the start. Then I only built a granary and The Hanging Gardens. Did not produce any soldiers other than the ones you start with. He eventually popped up as either my 6th or 7th one. I hope this helps although i'm positive the ones it gives you are random.

MrHyms
07-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Nice one Primate - I twigged this myself last night :-

If you play as the French you generate culture from turn one.

Chico76
02-04-2010, 09:51 AM
It took until after 1500 AD, but it worked like a charm. I got all of the ones I needed that only require some of the more primitive techs. Cheops/Masonry, Gilgamesh/Horseback riding, etc.

Thanks for posting this! Was a big help to knock out that last achievement...

Odi
02-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Another thread stated that difficulty made a difference, my only evidence to the contrary was Agamemnon at the Chieftan setting. Can anyone comment on difficulty with this method?

NM: Answered my own question.

PaulKemp
02-24-2010, 07:15 AM
This strategy worked for me on my last one as well.

Resarch the strategy for the person you are missing, then turn off the science and boost culture. Beta Centary only works if you have late GP's left.

However, it still seems like its some degree of randomness in all of this. Good luck people!

Grummy
03-04-2010, 12:22 PM
FINALLY!!! I've been trying for 2 full days to get Agamemnon.

That was perhaps the single most rewarding plinky plonky noise I have heard in all the 360 games I've played when the achievement popped up!

Im sure its utterly random, but I figured there was one possibility I hadn't tried.

Again, it's probably purely random, but I'd noticed a trend of Civs such as the Americans/English/French/Greeks/Romans etc all popped David when a leader turned up, and the Indians/Aztecs/Zulus never did so I thought I'd try as the Zulus as I was fairly sure they'd be more likely to pop Agamemnon, and they did, on my 2nd GP which I got by 600AD.

I had a theory that to get Agamemnon you needed to have Iron Working researched before your first GP arrives, but ONLY Iron Working (and Bronze Working obviously). Once Iron Working was researched I took all science research off and shared it between food and production instead, and watched my city, any time I had a population increase, if it went on science, I took it straight off. My theory was that, as the GP pops are helped along by getting the necessary techs researched, I figured if I ONLY researched those 2 and had them done before the first culture increase for a GP to arrive that it would help. So I started by taking all production off and changing it to Science in the very first round, and just kept it that way until I had both Bronze and Iron Working, at which point I did the reversal and kept off all Science.

It probably didn't help, in truth, as Marco Polo turned up first, but I stuck with it and after that first GP pop, I put some science back on as I figured I'd best get to working towards Ceremonial Burial for the temple. In my city I just made it produce 3 Archers and 2 legions so I had an Army of each (got 1 free Legion for being first to research Iron Working).

I got pottery and Ceremonial burial done, and the 3 Archers and 2 legions then my 2nd GP turned up and it was Agamemnon.

I have no idea whether making sure Iron working was done before GP's started turning up made any difference at all, but he turned up all the same.

CryptikZen
04-11-2010, 11:16 PM
As much as this seemed to work for everyone else, the last guys I need (All low level techs) just won't unlock. I've tried over 25 times and none of the 4 guys I need will pop. Thanks for trying at least.

:EDIT: Easily the most boring, stupid achievement I've gone for on my 360. Including any stupid sports SIM'ing achievement. 95% of the time it's the same great person you've seen a billion times. And then 5% chance it's not one of the common guys, it ends up being the same "rare" guy you've seen a million times. After roughly 75 tries I got Plato, then just needed Homer. I then proceeded to see Plato in 5 of my next 6 games, before finally getting Plato, Gilgamesh, Agamemnon and then finally Homer in a row. Talk about the game rubbing not getting these guys in your face.

After all that I can say it really all comes down to luck. Try holding your civ in the ancient age for as long as possible. Once you've gotten the techs for temple, stonehenge, and the pyramids change to gold and just grind 5 or 6 great people, then when it's taking too long to get the next great person(or someone finds you, really slowing progress down) just restart and repeat. Stupid, crappy achievement, so I seriously hope others have more luck than I did.

MarkMerrittMac
04-20-2010, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the tip. The Beta Centauri method helped me get some late-tech people, but this helped pick up my final missing one, Gilgamesh. Got him on my second or third try with this method.

DrowningInMagots
05-13-2010, 05:42 PM
took about 6 tries but i finally got it, thanks!

Goune23
05-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Finally got Agamemnon last night, despite every strategy posted on the forums he would not pop. Last night I decided to get the tech victory I needed to finish off King difficulty. Started a regular game and picked the Greeks during the game David popped and I figured Agamemnon wouldn't, but just after I launched the ship to Alpha Centauri he popped and I am glad this annoying achievement is over.

Twr_Ag
05-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Reuss, et al.,

I tried this and it still hasn't produced who I need. (I am working on a second profile so I can ditch my original profile) I am down to Sargon only, which needs Bronze working, I thought cool. I can study Bronze working right away and then stop researching other techs. I still seem to get GPs that require more advanced techs. But I have been at it for about a week now (maybe 15 hours play time) and he just won't pop.

Has anyone seen any tendancies regarding the American "free" GP? Would I be better off just restarting with America until he shows up or does that "free" GP come from a table of 5 or so GPs and most likely not including Sargon?

Thanks.

benisjamin
06-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the tip. The Beta Centauri method helped me get some late-tech people, but this helped pick up my final missing one, Gilgamesh. Got him on my second or third try with this method.

Awesome, Gilgamesh is the last one I need too. I can't wait to try this when I get home!

jasonad
09-03-2010, 04:45 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Finally got it with this method...I had been chasing Lao Tzu for days...

BLUE XBOX FOX
12-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks for this strategy. I got all three of my last GP in about 45 minutes. I played a little longer than I should have in each attempt though. It should have only taken my about 30 minutes.

For reference, I needed Plato (Pottery), Confucious (Literacy), and Aesop (Writing).

Thanks again. The Beta Centari scenario wasn't working for me.

Fox

primovinny
01-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Reuss, et al.,

I tried this and it still hasn't produced who I need. (I am working on a second profile so I can ditch my original profile) I am down to Sargon only, which needs Bronze working, I thought cool. I can study Bronze working right away and then stop researching other techs. I still seem to get GPs that require more advanced techs. But I have been at it for about a week now (maybe 15 hours play time) and he just won't pop.

Has anyone seen any tendancies regarding the American "free" GP? Would I be better off just restarting with America until he shows up or does that "free" GP come from a table of 5 or so GPs and most likely not including Sargon?

Thanks.

Sargon was my last too, but I got him in like 10 minutes of playing in Money that Matters. I used the English, started researching the Bronze Working, then gone all the way to build temple. Built my temple, he pops up (and so the achiev), but I have lost some great person when I quitted a game long ago (and I want my paintings to be completed!), so I stick to the game until the end (Chieftain FTW).

todgill12
01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I have 4 GP left. Does it matter which Civ you use. I have tried England, Romans, and Greeks and no luck. This is my last cheevo for this game.

PG_MaxPayne
01-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Thanks for this strategy. I got all three of my last GP in about 45 minutes. I played a little longer than I should have in each attempt though. It should have only taken my about 30 minutes.

For reference, I needed Plato (Pottery), Confucious (Literacy), and Aesop (Writing).

Aesop is the only one I have left to get out of the Great People. I'll just keep trying haha. Good to know that he only needs the Writing technology.

todgill12
01-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Finally, I got my remaining 4 GPs last night. I used the French and 3 popped pretty much immeditately. I finally used the Germans and Sargon unlocked. Now I am 100%.

PG_MaxPayne
01-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Finally worked! I decided to stick out my game since I had boosted my Culture to over 250 per turn and sure enough at the next Great Person from Culture: Achievement Unlocked!

MCAssassin67
07-15-2011, 05:23 AM

I used this guy's method and it worked like a charm. After trying so many other methods, and putting in countless games and hours, I finally got Plato. He was my 6th GP I think. Other people I got before Plato were Cheops, Imhotep, Gilgamesh, and Sargon. What a relief to finally get this one done.

Taplowski
08-31-2011, 03:55 PM
The great people must be linked to each civilization. My last one was Charles Babbage and i kept trying to get him with France (following a guide) which didn't work. So i used England and got him as my 4th Great person, even though i was nowhere near researching networking.

xosaara137ox
10-31-2011, 01:50 AM
THANK YOU!:woop: