PDA

View Full Version : What I've been screaming all along...the RRoD truly exposed, MUST READ!!!

Deathblow23
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Here's the link that will give many much needed insight to just how Microsoft was looking out for you...and your interest as a consumer,...and how little they are willing to work for your money.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26580495&tag=;title;1&tag=latestheadlines;title;2

Rutawitz
09-07-2008, 08:30 PM
http://www.x-clamp-fix.com/catalog/product_info.php?info=p5_X-Clamp-Fix-DIY-Kit.html

0bey
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
The guy that they are talking about lives in the same city as me. He wrote for the newspaper that I get at my door everyday.

_DaNnY_
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Haha they had to fork out over a billion because they wanted to cut back on 2 million.

Pathetic, the rich aren't always intelligent are they?

The rich are obsessed with budgets and cutting costs but that shit can backfire on you if you sacrifice too much quality as proven by Microsoft with the XBOX 360. :)

dm master
09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
thats quite interesting i got caught up in all the links lol reading an interveiw at the moment

i think the best point is about how they are a software company at heart

Raven1709
09-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Not to be a partypooper but this news is kind of old. I've known this for months. In my country there was a total recall of all xboxes and that they needed to be fixed. I send it in 3 days later got another one back. Easy as that :)

dakisbac
09-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Read that already. I lol'd when I saw that by trying to save money, they lost a hell of a lot more money

Rutawitz
09-07-2008, 10:56 PM
im not sure if my article worked or not but the reason most 360s overheat is because the clamps that hold the heat sync in place suck

BlamelessSoul
09-07-2008, 11:14 PM
not a real suprise here but its nice to see this issue getting more attention considering im on my 5th 360 all disc read errors though never RROD

Shadow Fba
09-07-2008, 11:46 PM
I shit you not I read this article went to play timeshift. Game Froze I rebooted. Got the RROD.

Rutawitz
09-07-2008, 11:47 PM
does everybody now that the 3 rings of death could be either ur fucked or u just need new cables

Deathblow23
09-08-2008, 01:52 AM
not a real suprise here but its nice to see this issue getting more attention considering im on my 5th 360 all disc read errors though never RROD

I know your pain...I'm on my 8th...TRUE STORY. Microsoft hates me and I'm sure they throw darts at my likeness in an office somwhere in Redmond.

To address some of the earlier posts...I actually hope this IS old news to you. I hope everyone gets exposed to this, and HAS been exposed to this. Honestly, that will not stop me from posting about this and starting new threads each time this gets a little press because of the experience I have had since the console launch night...11/22/05. As I stated above...I'm on my 8th console. That is absolutely unforgiveable for what I had to pay,...and HAVE paid for games, Live accounts, the console itself, etc. Of course I've gotten some free stuff...but that is no consolation. I figured it up once,...I have spent between 5-7 MONTHS...waiting on boxes to ship broken consoles in to be fixed. It hasn't always been RRoD,...it's been constant freezing, faulty USB ports, and even a console that wouldn't bond to a wireless controller. It's unexcusable that Microsoft would do this to the buying public so they could get a jump on Sony and Nintendo.

Do I still love the 360?...Yep! It's the best experience out there when you add in LIVE, the games, etc...but that isn't a free ticket to try and bend the gaming public over and do what they did/have done.

Rutawitz
09-08-2008, 02:27 AM
you know, i had a perfectly good explanation and it only cost 30 bucks to fix it permanently