PDA

View Full Version : Offline Achievement Question

Pashos
09-07-2008, 09:33 PM
I have a couple games on my gamercard that I played before I had live so all of the achievements are offline. One of the games has all offline achievements but I played it after I got live once and I didn't get any achievements. If I recover my gamertag will I lose all of the achievements and the game on my list? Or will I just lose the achievements and have a 0/1000 on my list?

Parkerktm
09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
If you played the game and then already signed into live then your screwed.

Is that what your asking?

Pashos
09-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I think that is what I'm asking...
So once you play a game online, all of the achievements stick with your gamertag no matter what? Even if some of the achievements are offline?

Parkerktm
09-07-2008, 09:45 PM
I think that is what I'm asking...
So once you play a game online, all of the achievements stick with your gamertag no matter what? Even if some of the achievements are offline?

True.

The only way that you can make 0's or achievements that you've earned go away is by the following....

Step 1) Play the games etc etc
Step 2) If you don't want the achievements or games with 0's then you will need to not sign into live (connect to the internet) while on that console until..
Step 3) Go to another console and recover your tag, once recovered your Gamerscore will re-set to the score that was last recorded while signed into xbox live.
Step 4) Go back to your original console and sign into live, once done the achievements earned offline will be lost and not have any record on your tag
Step 5) The only way you can re-earn those achievements is by loading up a old game save, but it only works for Driving games.

Does this make sense?

The reason i know this is because i learned from experience sadly enough, lost 8K gamerpoints on hard games like Forza and Bioshock etc back on my old account.

Pashos
09-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Ok, so for Call of Duty 3 on my tag, I have one achievement online and the rest I all got offline. So if I recover my tag then I will only have 1 achievement left? And then on MLB 2k7, all the achievements are offline but I have played the game online so I will lose all of that and have a 0/1000?

Parkerktm
09-07-2008, 10:53 PM
No, unfortually theres no way to deal with that. My solution only works if everything is earned offline and you don't sign in through XBL until you knock those achievements off your tag by recovering it on another console.

Sorry for the confusion...

Pashos
09-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Wow that stinks :( :(