PDA

View Full Version : Help with offline?

DevilGuy
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Sorry theres a thread about this but I had a different question.

I haven't XBL for 3 days. YESTERDAY, I put in Mass Effect, and got 175 GS.

If I now log into XBL, will I lose all these achievements? PLEASE PLEASE tell me I wont.

SkillfulMmd
09-08-2008, 01:47 PM
now im sure it only happens if you leave it for a while im not to sure mine has only done it after long times of not signing in.

Female Ninja
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
You only lose them if you recover your gamertag, so you should be fine.

VeNGeD
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
If you gain achievements offline and sign in on the same 360 you wont lose anything. If you were to recover account and sign in on another 360 you would lose achievements gained offline.

DarkPyroGuy_09
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
If you gain achievements offline and sign in on the same 360 you wont lose anything. If you were to recover account and sign in on another 360 you would lose achievements gained offline.

I lost 2,500 Gamerscore that way. My cosin curbed my profile to his xbox while I was offline. I just got done getting 1000/1000 in Oblivion.

gamerguy69
09-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Sorry theres a thread about this but I had a different question.

I haven't XBL for 3 days. YESTERDAY, I put in Mass Effect, and got 175 GS.

If I now log into XBL, will I lose all these achievements? PLEASE PLEASE tell me I wont.

Are you saying you just don't have an internet connection? Next time you login your GS should update.

I can see how the "Recover GamerTAG" (on a different console) could compromise your GS so don't go that route.

A few months ago, I was staying at a friend's house for a week. He's got a 360 and all I did was take my hard drive to his house. I rented a couple of games and increased my GS. When I brought it back home my new GS remained. Everything was fine.

So you might consider taking your hard drive to a friend's 360 (with active internet connection) and sign-in from there. Not necessary but it would update your GS for all to view (.com site, friends list).

EvilestBean
09-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Are you saying you just don't have an internet connection? Next time you login your GS should update.

I can see how the "Recover GamerTAG" (on a different console) could compromise your GS so don't go that route.

A few months ago, I was staying at a friend's house for a week. He's got a 360 and all I did was take my hard drive to his house. I rented a couple of games and increased my GS. When I brought it back home my new GS remained. Everything was fine.

So you might consider taking your hard drive to a friend's 360 (with active internet connection) and sign-in from there. Not necessary but it would update your GS for all to view (.com site, friends list).
Do what the above guy said and you will be fine.