PDA

View Full Version : Question about Unlocking Characters...

UCB Disco
09-08-2008, 04:10 PM
We've pondered this idea, but I don't want to go into the trouble if it doesn't even work. So, here's my question:

Can you play the game with someone (Host) who's already beaten the game, and say level 60, and you join with a knight you haven't beaten the game with, who is level 1, and unlock the corresponding unlockable character with the level 1 you're playing with? Or do you have to actually beat the whole game with each character?

If it's the latter, I kind of don't care to unlock EVERY one, but if you could just join someone else's game and unlock the other characters that way, I definitely wouldn't mind unlocking them all. Thanks for any clarification.

Fruhmann360
09-08-2008, 04:33 PM
search this forum. some had a rushing strategy for getting characters through, but i didn't really understand it.

it just seems to me that if the host had the map open, then the lowbies would have to get the compass, the telescope and the wheel to sail across the ocean. then they'd need the horn to get up the mountain path. that plus grinding at pipistrellos to level 20 seems like it would do the job, but i'm not sure.

Tiberian
09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
As long as the level 1 along with the level 60 complete every stage, you should be able to unlock new characters fine. There may be some stages you can skip but i wouldn't recommend it anyway. You can't unlock the Arena characters in co-op though, that has to be done in single player.

UCB Disco
09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
So you would have to technically beat the game over and over again to get the unlockable characters in that fashion? Apparently not being able to just simply beat the last boss with a friend. Oh, well. I guess I'll just beat the game with a couple more people. hahaha.

Fruhmann360
09-08-2008, 04:51 PM
yeah. we tried rushing a level 1 into the final battle and it didn't work.

UCB Disco
09-08-2008, 10:20 PM

Damn. Oh, well. At least someone actually tried and can let us know it doesn't work. Looks like I won't be unlocking everyone any time soon. hahaha. Maybe the Ninja one next!

Monoxide Child
09-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I can't beat the damn game. I need to find some more open games.

UCB Disco
09-10-2008, 02:35 AM

If that pumpkin in your signature didn't say that my hometown sucks, I would be more than willing to help you out. :)

Deadly Moves
09-10-2008, 03:12 AM
I also tried it and it didn't work :(

darkenednight
09-12-2008, 01:58 AM
If only rushing through on the final battle worked. I'm one of the crazy people who actually play the game over and over again. I'm going for the last four unlockable characters I need, so if anyone needs help let me know.

weBBa man
09-12-2008, 08:22 AM
If that pumpkin in your signature didn't say that my hometown sucks, I would be more than willing to help you out. :)

wow...monoxides right louville does suck, i ben stuck here for like 6 yrs, an theirs not sh*t 2 do besides xbox live, no offense but wen i seen that sig, i nodded my head in agreement, on a side note, i need like 3 or 4 more characters, so im down 2 help, hit me up gt-weBBa man

Aussie Rage
09-13-2008, 03:45 AM
If only rushing through on the final battle worked. I'm one of the crazy people who actually play the game over and over again. I'm going for the last four unlockable characters I need, so if anyone needs help let me know.

i've played lots of 2p, even more 1p, and have 19 usable characters and 11 cleared characters. i've tryed beating only bosses with 2p while a cleared 1p hosts, i've tryed only doing area's that unlock a plot item, e.g. corn boss for the horn and so on, i've even finnished the game backwards starting at the last boss (after grinding catfish for 20lvl) and working my way back to stage 1, and my conclution is, Tom knows what he's doing!
you must finnish every stage, finnal boss last, watch the credits and kiss the last princess, and then you'll get your character.

P.s. the grey conehead knight (A.K.A. KKK Knight) didn't unlock anything when i finnished with him.

P.p.s. you can do the levels in any order as long as the finnal boss stage is last.

banana munchie
09-13-2008, 04:15 AM
HAHA OWNED! Its my hometown too (If we're talkin bout the one in AL)

FroZeNSouL
09-13-2008, 01:46 PM
i really really hope im not the only one that realizes the sig just looks at ur ip address and places the name of the town to where ever ur ip resides.
Your all intelligent ppl... right?
:P

and thanx for tips, just starting my 2nd character now.
Btw, is there a list of which character unlock the others?
Really want that bear ^_^

Jgallstar1
09-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Has anyone bought Alien Hominoid HD just to get the character for the game?

darkenednight
09-13-2008, 05:31 PM
you must finnish every stage, finnal boss last, watch the credits and kiss the last princess, and then you'll get your character.

After defeating the final boss, you can pause and go to "Exit To Map" and you will still unlock your character, skipping the credits and the final "kiss".

Has anyone bought Alien Hominoid HD just to get the character for the game?

I'm seriously considering it...

Mother Beef
09-16-2008, 12:32 PM
After defeating the final boss, you can pause and go to "Exit To Map" and you will still unlock your character, skipping the credits and the final "kiss".

I'm seriously considering it...

Do, Alien Hominid is a terrific game.

Gravehammer
09-21-2008, 03:48 AM
i believe you can. I'm not 100% sure though. me and my friend are going to try it tonight.

Small_Splash
10-05-2008, 07:43 PM

just so happens thats my home town in your sig as well, Racine WI

press_a_to_join
10-12-2008, 07:18 PM
his sig is right for me brighton does suck full of yobs its the reason i play xbox

UraMallas
10-12-2008, 11:58 PM
I have the Alien Hominid character because I had already bought the game. He was the first character I used too, he's up to 14 now but then I quit and went back and started using the White Knight, got himt to 10 and quit. Started an Orange Knight. *sigh* I dunno...

HAHA OWNED! Its my hometown too (If we're talkin bout the one in AL)

That's wierd! It's my hometown as well but I live in Boone, Iowa.

EDIT: I just realized that it says whatever hometown you're from! That's cool.

Law
10-18-2008, 08:00 PM
That's wierd! It's my hometown as well but I live in Boone, Iowa.

EDIT: I just realized that it says whatever hometown you're from! That's cool.
Its wrong for me, it says Wilmington for me and I dont live in Wilmington.