PDA

View Full Version : Crazy New Plausible Rumor

Xx Overkill VR
09-08-2008, 06:43 PM
NOW ON JOYSTIQ
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/08/rumor-the-five-hour-xbox-360-relaunch-sept-25/

seen this on vgchartz. rumor, yay or nay? i hope YAY.

September 25th 7pm EST. Microsoft will start a five hour countdown to relaunch their console. Yes that is right nothing short of a relaunch is acceptable. At the end of the five hours your console will update to the new interface with full functionality. To promote this most historic event with a full fledged media blitz. Microsoft has gone so far as to rent television space as in rent a channel. For those five hours G4 television will cover the event exclusively with live coverage. For those with Live they will be able to download or stream the channel.

First there are three new pages that are going to be unveiled. The first page is a strategic partnership with Sirius Satelite Radio. For a modest monthly fee you will be able to run Sirius radio through your 360 with no additional hardware needed, and you will be able to pay for the service with Microsoft points. The upside is that everyone with access to live will get a free week to play with the service, and it will be accessable while in game.

The second page is a new music store for downloading music directly onto your 360. Once again for an obvious charge which can be made through Microsoft points. However you will also be able to download some game music free of charge. How could we play Gears of War 2 without playing the Halo concerto right over the games music.

The third channel is called mad lib, and the author claims to have absolutely no clue as to what mad lib is about. However the author suspects it has something to do with a picture within picture function. I have no clue why anyone would want a picture within their game, but what the hell this rumor is batshit crazy anyway.

Microsoft will release a dozen new demos after the launch. There will be four new downloadable pieces of content a preview of the GTA DLC. A Mass Effect expansion. Portal and a free map pack for Halo 3.

Microsoft will unveil twelve new games never seen before that will be exclusive or first on the 360. Strangley enough the author only gives out code names for said games. Though they speculate that among them is Assassins Creed 2, Mass Effect 2, A new Conker title, A rare shooter new franchise, and two new Halo titles. Apparently from what they were told.

Apricot, Burden, Conker, Dramatis, Error, Fender, Gargoyle, Hiroshima, Ignorance, Jeremiah, Kyoto, London.

Then there are six free xbox originals that will be available for download. Three of which are not yet on the service, but will be available right after launch. The only game the Author could confirm was Halo would be a free game. These games will only be available to Live gold members, and they will only be available to those that have an account of long standing.

BulletMagnet Uk
09-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Whether its correct or not, thats a lot of information. Any chance of the source url so I could have a gander at it?

Steelhead
09-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Whether its correct or not, thats a lot of information. Any chance of the source url so I could have a gander at it?
Xbox360 Fanboy has a similar article today.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/09/08/rumor-ms-planning-five-hour-long-new-xbox-experience-media-blit/

martdude16
09-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Sweet Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be awesome, thanks for sharing the info.

ThrawnOmega
09-08-2008, 08:23 PM
The last issue of OXM I read said the update won't be out until November. So, while all of that is a possibility, the 9/25 date seems rather soon. Not saying it won't happen. Sooner would be awesome if they deliver a fully finished update.

JD FTW
09-08-2008, 08:26 PM
This sounds awsome. It also sounds too good to be true. But my fingers are crossed that this will happen :D

BulletMagnet Uk
09-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Xbox360 Fanboy has a similar article today.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/09/08/rumor-ms-planning-five-hour-long-new-xbox-experience-media-blit/

Cheers. Giving it the once over now.

JD FTW
09-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Quick question. Why is this in the halo 3 section and not the Xbox 360 section ?

laundryman
09-08-2008, 08:59 PM
AHHG! The Portral arcade game! I need to scrape some points together!

A halo map pack is a nice addition too...

Xx Overkill VR
09-08-2008, 09:40 PM
All these games that they are going to announce have been in development for a while or have been hinted at by their successors... This is how things are: Microsoft had its biggest title released during the dry season of fall/winter of last year (Halo 3)(duh!); this year they are releasing all their major titles in one go (late october/early november) so what will happen next year? They need to come up with something before they start to lose to the competition...

Xx Overkill VR
09-08-2008, 09:41 PM
We all know that Microsoft is running dry..... We all now that they now have gotten a lot of competition... We all know that Halo is Microsoft's biggest title... We all know about the launch event and the "Hype Train" that Microsoft put it on... We've all seen their dedication to the game by allowing it to go to 1750 GS... We all know that Microsoft shelved their E3 announcement of the new Halo titles... however not all of us know that they said the announcement of the titles will be having its own event... Now tell me what event other than E3 would be so important as to hold off their great announcement? Maybe Halo 3's anniversary? Possible... but what would make the event so great unless Microsoft had some of its own surprises...

Think about that for a moment and come up with a decent argument......

Pheonix_Assassin
09-08-2008, 10:16 PM
WEll Halo CE for free sunds gr8 and anothe r5 bloody hell i will dl all of erm y not

Xx Overkill VR
09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
WEll Halo CE for free sunds gr8 and anothe r5 bloody hell i will dl all of erm y not

Xbox Originals is a failure and Microsoft knows that so they are making it free... for the event at least

Nevander
09-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Meh. I'm not excited about a console update, I like the 360 as it is and I really don't want to change it. I also think it's dumb you have to pay for stuff like the music with MS points. I mean c'mon, they charge for everything they do.

Pashos
09-09-2008, 12:42 AM
So why are there two of the same threads in this section?

Xx Overkill VR
09-09-2008, 01:29 AM
So why are there two of the same threads in this section?

I posted this thread on the Halo 3 board and for some reason it was moved even though there was already one on the general 360

UK Mylo
09-10-2008, 04:41 AM
Game announcements sound pretty good but at this stage it's rumour, so your kinda playing in MS hands with pre-hype. All-in-all it's basically a 5 hours press release to celebrate a glorified patch intended to make your 360 a goddamn Nintendo Wii (VERY gay).

**Disclaimer**
UK Mylo reserves the right to express himself in the manner he see fit to, and use of the term "gay" is only meant to demonstrate a state of "lame-ness" or a quality that is deemed as "lame", the remark is not to be considered as homophobic, anti-gay or a slur against a homosexual lifestyle choice in anyway. UK Mylo is a supporter of gay rights and the global gay community in general. If any comment made by UK Mylo has or will cause you personal offence either at present or in the future then UK Mylo wholly apologises, however UK Mylo does withhold the right not apologise if UK Mylo deems you to be or ever have been a "dick".

UCB Disco
09-10-2008, 05:02 AM
I mean, it could be possible, but I strongly doubt it.

Lets just keep the fingers crossed that it is. ESPECIALLY the free Xbox Original games! :woop:

_DaNnY_
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Getting somebody to ask a friend at Microsoft about this! :)

Will tell you what he says :)

VeNGeD
09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Free Xbox original's would be awesome, I highly doubt this is true but I really hope it is.

plumbpist
09-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Not a snowballs chance in hell that this is correct! I mean, it would be nice, but....Too good to be true is almost always too good to be true!

garbfink
09-10-2008, 01:31 PM
All of this sounds good but I'm not going to hold my breath *fingers crossed though*

vI Starlight Iv
09-10-2008, 07:49 PM
microsoft dont know the meaning of the word free nuff said lol

radar616
09-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I highly doubt this. I dont think that radio thingy will be able to work outside the US due to copyright issues.

sam49
09-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Lol. In your dreams! Assassins Creed exclusive on 360? I doubt it. And they said the new dashboard is going to be released in November sometime.

Domerchuchu
09-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Sounds really good, but I doubt its valid...lets just hope its true :Bounce:

TheColdWolf
09-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I hope this is true because if thats the case i can hopefully play gears of war again:) And i am glad that the bungie map pack might be free.

kantizuni
09-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Seriously, you guys. THIS HAS BEEN POSTED BEFORE.
It was a complete fabrication then, and it's still a fabrication.
They're going to give away 6 free games to EVERYONE?! Give your head a shake for believing this garbage.

The ONLY believable part in there is that they will offer a music download service. They already have one with Zune, and Zune is already linked to the Xbox through your gamertag/MS Points. It's not inconceivable to offer Zune downloads on the Xbox. But not bloody likely.

Joco92
09-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Hope thisll be true. Itd be amazing.

xbirdyx112
09-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I know the new dashboard is definetly real Assassins creed 2 very might well be correct and mass effect 2 is also a definet so I belive this and they are bringing out two new halo games Halo:wars and Halo 4

jonnyMAGNUM
09-11-2008, 10:38 PM
It's not happening. The supposed host of the show himself said it wasn't. G4 denied it.

Proof: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/11/rumorong-g4-says-massive-360-relaunch-event-not-happening/