PDA

View Full Version : Total Annihilation

Draco719
09-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Did any one else play Total Annihilation for the PC back in the day? It looks EXACTLY the same as this. I even heard the guy that made TA made this game. And wikipedia even says its an unofficial sequel.

PimpPanther69
09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I only just got this today and yeah, I played T.A on PC. This is very much like it and i also heard its some sort of sequal/spin-off. Still much better to play these games with a mouse.

GAMEboy18
09-16-2008, 11:43 AM
yeah T.A was amazing and it is true the same guy did this, which isnt a bad thing to be honest. i just want to know did you really get this today pimppanther69? Ay, Pacha!

Krackers87
01-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Actualy if you pay attention to the subtle story in TA and supreme comander, it actualy shows that sup com is a prequel to TA

Metalsutton
02-25-2010, 02:08 AM
I loved TA.

Also noticed the install to HDD suggestion. The first time I played this, yesturday, I didnt install it, ran though only the tutorial. Took about 30mins, however after taking out the game the disc was soooo hot. like, burn your hands hot. This must draw some serious info from the disc for it to run.

RavenZeta
03-16-2010, 07:01 AM
lol, oh those were the glory days of gaming. TA, to this day, is my favorite and amongst most played games. Was excited to hear about this game back when it was early making phase.

Even used to play on... what was it... Ten.net?
Good times, good times. ^-^

These games were/are so great we now have a SC2 to look forward to and hopefully a third in the making.

IceMan 8619
09-03-2010, 08:03 AM
I agree. I bought TA in the bargin bin at my local Wal-Mart many years ago for $9.99 and it remains one of my favorite purchases. I really enjoyed the community additions for the game (new units, etc). Supreme Commander on the PC rocked and so far I'm loving it on the 360 as well. To me, TA and SC are the best strategy games around without a doubt.