PDA

View Full Version : The last two Arenas...

BlackDragon
09-08-2008, 08:40 PM
How are they supposed to be possible?!? I've finished the game, but even going in there with 5 health-potions and 5 sandwitches, I get owned by one of the last waves. What am I supposed to do?

I hope the answer isn't 'Grind More Levels'... I'm 33 already, and leveling is getting reeaaaallly slow. Also, while I'm not CERTAIN, it kinda' feels like the arenas adjust their difficulty to my level.

Maybe I need a better weapon/familiar combo? I've build up my character as a basic 'tank', with near-maxed Strength and Defence, mediocre Speed, and very low Magic... so I usually use either the Flaming Sword from the final boss, or the dark saber from the Necromancer (for its +7 defence), along with either the Chicken or Bear pet for further stat-boosts. (Does the Bear boost strength more than the Elephant, or the other way around? Or are they identical?)

A Satyr
09-08-2008, 08:45 PM
I beat the green knights with a lvl 62 blue knight and used 4 potions... Eskimos are a lil easier than they are...

BlackDragon
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Does anyone know if the arenas actually 'scale', or are they Just That Tough?

And if grinding levels actually is required to beat them, what's the fastest way of doing that?

AOS Puck
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
They are tough, I didn't notice any level scaling.

negitorotemaki1
09-08-2008, 10:17 PM
I didn't beat them til I was level 48, although once I got there, I managed to do it with 3 potions. My character had maxed health and speed but next to no magic. The Peasant Arena is definitely harder than the Ice Arena.

In my opinion, max health and a high speed are probably the most important. You definitely want to be faster than the enemies so they can't corner you. Being able to sit in a corner and spam super-fast arrows really helps for the Ice Arena.

Sandwiches are useless... using them usually kills me faster.

Deadly Moves
09-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I managed to do them at around lvl 35 no problem.
My agility isnt high at all. Around 8 ish. But i didnt need it to be, bcos i mainly just stood in the bottom corner and just waited for them to come to me and just kept chopping away... lol
My defence and strength were really high though.
The ice guys were the hardest for me.. those bloody arrows :( But i did them all on my 1st attempt

UCB Disco
09-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Does anyone know if the arenas actually 'scale', or are they Just That Tough?

And if grinding levels actually is required to beat them, what's the fastest way of doing that?

They don't scale, but they are just plain tough. I had my guy at level 52, full strength and magic (halfway through defense and agility), and it still takes a good couple combos to kill one enemy on those arenas.

I personally thought the Peasant's Arena was tougher, because those bastards shoot arrows every two seconds, which only caused me to be more annoyed than anything else. hahaha.

Here's the strategy I used for both of the last arenas:
Be a good level, like 50+, and only stock up on Potions. When you enter the Arena (Both, same strategy), defeat at least the first 3 or 4 waves before doing the following; Go to the very bottom of the screen and to the left or right corner (Directly underneath the big cat). From here, just be strategic. Use block often and launch your magic as often as you can to fend off groups. When one or two come into the corner with you (It will happen), just do a quick X, X, X combo to push them back to blast another magic spell. This method keeps you the safest from onslaughts and gives you the ability to take control of the crowd. As soon as I figured this out, I beat the Peasant's Arena only using 2 Potions. Then one try on the Ice Arena using 3 Potions.

It's definitely not impossible. You just needed to look for stronger battle opportunities. I hope this helps you like it did me. :woop:

Penguin6412
09-09-2008, 12:48 AM
I had no problem with any of the arenas as soon as I was level 30... At that level I had 25 strength, 1 magic, 25 defense and 1 agility. Whenever there was a group of enemies I'd simply pick them up and juggle them across the screen, moving them away from me and getting distance from anyone behind me (jump then y y y y y y y y y y while moving left OR right in the air). I usually stayed near the top of the arena too so that I will, during the juggle, pick up even more enemies (whenever you pick up more enemies in the juggle you gain the starting height and can also at that time change directions). If you start getting attack from both sides simply hold your shield and move down a bit until the ranged ones can't hit you then jump spin (a a) and keep going down to the bottom of the arena. Once there make your way back up to the top of the arena and repeat the process. Once I went back and forth across the top of the arena 3 times... dealing MASSIVE damage. Ohh and the whole time I was using the Club (+5 str/def, -5 agility) and giraffey i think.... I don't know. I did it a long time ago lol.

I use the "jump y y y y y y y y y" all throughout the game whenever I play a Melee character... (meaning I max out strength asap on that character) It's never done me wrong one you get used to it.

Kif
09-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Take Rammy along since he knocks down enemies, and on the later waves he really helps. Other than that, keep moving, make sure you don't get boxed in and killed in a few hits, and keep stocked up on potions.

Lordvader178
09-09-2008, 11:40 AM
I finished it with full strength and i think almost full defense. All i did was go to the top right corner, where you can't see yourself, and hammer Y. Thats basically all i did. Hope it helped :).

weBBa man
09-09-2008, 05:03 PM
look here buddy, your best bet is to go level up on the catfish glitch, look on other forums or youtube it, anyway once u do that for a good while, go get rammy, a tent, and set up shop in a corner, basically sit in a corner, let rammy lay em flat an spam the hell out of magic or attack button, (if no magic, go boost your character) trust me its no ass hard as it really seems, if u want a challenge try beatin that stupid furball boss monster on insane, gaaaa dang

Joewee
09-09-2008, 05:21 PM
if you wannna lvl up fast
get a boomerang(spell)
and a giraffy
and do the bat boss
not the cat fish
do the bat boss

Joewee
09-09-2008, 05:24 PM
the catfish gives somewhere around 692
and the bat boss gives you 702
but dont forget to use giraffy

Tolwyn
09-09-2008, 08:45 PM
the catfish gives somewhere around 692
and the bat boss gives you 702
but dont forget to use giraffy
In the time it takes you to kill alll those blobs I have already killed the catfish and am killing him a second time. The catfish is way way quicker than the bat except on insane.

As for the arenas, they are a joke. Learn air juggling and the whole game is a joke. All the arena guys can be juggled for 10+ seconds, enough time for them to die before you begin juggling more of them.

tnavi23
09-10-2008, 01:33 AM
I've found that the sandwiches don't help at ALL, especially during the last couple waves where they crowd around and knock you down with projectiles. Found it easier to stock up on potions and bombs, only using the bombs as a last resort if they start crowding around you. Also, use the ram animal that knocks enemies down. Once they're down, start attacking the opposite side where generally more enemies are located. Air Juggling with the Y button helps out A LOT. Do it in such a way that you juggle them and move to another part of the arena to an empty spot. Air juggling was pretty much the only way I got through the last couple arenas.

I had more trouble beating the final boss at around level 35 than the arenas, but that's just me.

romanodog
09-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Take the Hawk animal orb with you because he will bring you fruit from dead enemies.
Don't know if that's a glitch or what but it helped me tremendously... i'm surprised no one has suggested that yet.
Basically i just hung out in one of the bottom corners and attacked anyone that came toward me.

vanLeuween
09-10-2008, 01:21 PM
euhm ... i did all those arenas while just at level 18 or so ... just run around and use the A magic ... you do lots of damage and wont get hit ... if your in the air once , than use the YYYYYY combo to strafe around in the air , then rinse and repeat .

Savok
09-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Yep, air juggling is how I did it. Combine it with the fact I used the GK most of the enemies spent their time poisoned too.

Penguin6412
09-10-2008, 04:23 PM
if u want a challenge try beatin that stupid furball boss monster on insane, gaaaa dang

I personally found out how to do that with just 1P pretty easily.... it just takes a while. lol. Hold LT+RT the whole time and just jump whenever he gets near then keep tapping A while in the air so u spin and hopefully knock the enemies near your landing area away. Once u land, wait till he gets near and then try to repeat the process. if you get knocked on your ass when trying to jump, just move down. NEVER LET GO OF BLOCK BUTTON. lol. do and ur dead.

As for the Arenas, like me and several others said, Air Juggling is the way to go! another way that could work (I haven't tested it) is to level up agility all the way and arrow spam the crap out of ppl while just standing in a corner.... but idk how well that would work on later waves.