PDA

View Full Version : Crazy New Plausible Rumor

Xx Overkill VR
09-08-2008, 08:59 PM
CAN NOW BE FOUND ON JOYSTIQ
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/08/rumor-the-five-hour-xbox-360-relaunch-sept-25/

I posted this on the Halo 3 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=90394) forum on this site and thought that it should belong here as well...

seen this on vgchartz. rumor, yay or nay? i hope YAY.

September 25th 7pm EST. Microsoft will start a five hour countdown to relaunch their console. Yes that is right nothing short of a relaunch is acceptable. At the end of the five hours your console will update to the new interface with full functionality. To promote this most historic event with a full fledged media blitz. Microsoft has gone so far as to rent television space as in rent a channel. For those five hours G4 television will cover the event exclusively with live coverage. For those with Live they will be able to download or stream the channel.

First there are three new pages that are going to be unveiled. The first page is a strategic partnership with Sirius Satelite Radio. For a modest monthly fee you will be able to run Sirius radio through your 360 with no additional hardware needed, and you will be able to pay for the service with Microsoft points. The upside is that everyone with access to live will get a free week to play with the service, and it will be accessable while in game.

The second page is a new music store for downloading music directly onto your 360. Once again for an obvious charge which can be made through Microsoft points. However you will also be able to download some game music free of charge. How could we play Gears of War 2 without playing the Halo concerto right over the games music.

The third channel is called mad lib, and the author claims to have absolutely no clue as to what mad lib is about. However the author suspects it has something to do with a picture within picture function. I have no clue why anyone would want a picture within their game, but what the hell this rumor is batshit crazy anyway.

Microsoft will release a dozen new demos after the launch. There will be four new downloadable pieces of content a preview of the GTA DLC. A Mass Effect expansion. Portal and a free map pack for Halo 3.

Microsoft will unveil twelve new games never seen before that will be exclusive or first on the 360. Strangley enough the author only gives out code names for said games. Though they speculate that among them is Assassins Creed 2, Mass Effect 2, A new Conker title, A rare shooter new franchise, and two new Halo titles. Apparently from what they were told.

Apricot, Burden, Conker, Dramatis, Error, Fender, Gargoyle, Hiroshima, Ignorance, Jeremiah, Kyoto, London.

Then there are six free xbox originals that will be available for download. Three of which are not yet on the service, but will be available right after launch. The only game the Author could confirm was Halo would be a free game. These games will only be available to Live gold members, and they will only be available to those that have an account of long standing.

JC
09-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I have a feeling this may be a crazy rumour, just becuase MN listens to Sirius doesn't mean we should listen to it on the 360. :p

Pashos
09-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I really don't think that will happen just because of the new dashboard.

Xx Overkill VR
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
We all know that Microsoft is running dry..... We all now that they now have gotten a lot of competition... We all know that Halo is Microsoft's biggest title... We've all seen their dedication to the game by allowing it to go to 1750 GS... We all know that Microsoft shelved their E3 announcement of the new Halo titles... however not all of us know that they said the announcement of the titles will be having its own event... Now tell me what event other than E3 would be so important as to hold off their great announcement? Maybe Halo 3's anniversary? Possible... but what would make the event so great unless Microsoft had some of its own surprises...

Think about that for a moment and come up with a decent argument......

Pashos
09-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I never said that they weren't going to announce the games. I actually believe that they will announce the games. I don't think that they will have the Sirius Satellite Radio thing or the mad lib thing. And where is the source that you got all that from?

Blind x360a
09-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Did they buy the TV time? Or is that a rumor as well?

Pheonix_Assassin
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I do knwo that they are doing a Sky like system where u can watch channels for free if you have gold so really it is like sky u pay fro live gold adn get tv lmao but FREE HALO CE YAY

knockton55
09-08-2008, 10:29 PM
It was believable until 6 free downloads

Xx Overkill VR
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
It was believable until 6 free downloads

We all know that Xbox Originals is a failure and so does Microsoft so they are going to try and promote it by making some titles free... MAKES SENSE

Pashos
09-08-2008, 10:47 PM
We all know that Xbox Originals is a failure and so does Microsoft so they are going to try and promote it by making some titles free... MAKES SENSE

No one is going to play the game that they got for free and then run out and buy and old Xbox game. They would just keep playing the game they got for free. Giving away old games is not going to promote getting more old games. It doesn't make sense

Bax x360a
09-08-2008, 11:03 PM
We all know that Halo is Microsoft's biggest title... We do? I personally Think Gears of War is bigger than Halo, especially seeing theres at least another 2 games to be released for the Xbox.

kantizuni
09-08-2008, 11:31 PM
The whole thing sounds ridiculous to me. Ignore this "news" if you have any sense.

Ben Sharpe
09-08-2008, 11:43 PM
The whole thing sounds ridiculous to me. Ignore this "news" if you have any sense.

I think there might be some elements of truth in it tbh, I can see AC2 as a timed exclusive, the Halo DLC, the Mass Effect stuff, GTA DLC and the music downloads but the rest I'm not so sure, but it could happen you know with MS 90% of the really off the wall rumors are the ones that happen lol

Maka
09-08-2008, 11:45 PM
I doubt it because they would never make the Halo map pack free. :p

_DaNnY_
09-09-2008, 12:09 AM
The thought of both Assasins Creed 2 and Mass Effect 2 alongside all the other amazing games that are coming out plus a new conkers game makes me 100000% sure that xbox 360 is the console to have! The range of high quality titles available is becoming astronomically craaaaazzzzy!!!!! :D Hold tight the collection! :)

N3R0 X360a
09-09-2008, 12:22 AM
The thought of both Assasins Creed 2 and Mass Effect 2 alongside all the other amazing games that are coming out plus a new conkers game makes me 100000% sure that xbox 360 is the console to have! The range of high quality titles available is becoming astronomically craaaaazzzzy!!!!! :D Hold tight the collection! :)
I agree, I think that 360 Simply has more Exclusives and better ones.
Mass Effect 2 is Going to be crazy.I hate that Saints row is not 360 exclusive anymore:mad:

Stevedawg313
09-09-2008, 12:40 AM
That seems a bit much for a dashboard update LOL

xENVxGAMERSKREW
09-09-2008, 01:12 AM
That seems a bit much for a dashboard update LOL yeah but pretty coold though, a mod should merge the two said threads.

undyingone
09-09-2008, 03:00 AM
sounds a lil to crazy imo

[Waggly Bean]
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
We do? I personally Think Gears of War is bigger than Halo, especially seeing theres at least another 2 games to be released for the Xbox.

Yes, and also - Gears of War was actually good.

AllThePenguins
09-09-2008, 12:28 PM
That's the problem with rumors, they are always plausible and usually crazy.

For me I don't think that Microsoft will go to all that trouble, It's not as if people don't know about the update so I'm not sure what they are trying to achieve, I can only pray that those new, fantastic titles are announced

jonnyMAGNUM
09-09-2008, 04:15 PM
September 25th is right around the corner. I think that if this were true, they'd want to advertise it so people would actually watch it. They would need to advertise right about now to compete with the new seasons of shows starting up that same week.

DarkPyroGuy_09
09-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't think Microsoft would wasted that much time and money over the "New Xbox Experience." I can see them announcing new games on that date though.

Nerotic Shadows
09-09-2008, 09:15 PM
I reckon there may be at least some truth in it because of this site, whatever it is:

http://www.xboxmygig.com/

Them hiring space on a TV channel sounds a bit far fetched though if you ask me