PDA

View Full Version : just gave my 360 red rings of DEATH!!!!!!!!!!

CrAb WiZaRd
09-09-2008, 12:52 AM
i just got it and was still basically playin the tutorial and it gives me the red rings of death. so now i have a 350.00$ brick in my room.

eXiled Killah
09-09-2008, 12:56 AM
There's thread for this!!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30262

Heron T Beagle
09-09-2008, 03:03 AM
yeah killed my elite also made it where it says every disk is unplayable.

Subion
09-09-2008, 03:14 AM
I've been having problems with mine but not the red ring. Mine just wants to freeze up alot on my profile but my niece only had it freeze once and she played all day (12+ hours straight.) I played for 30 min. and mine froze then it seems like every half hour to hour I put in it freezes.

Mr Arrow
09-09-2008, 04:12 AM
Sorry you got this but the game didn't give it to you, M$'s P.O.S. construction did....don't be hatin' the Pinata.

Deathblow23
09-09-2008, 04:18 AM
I feel for ya' man. I'm on my 8th 360...I know what you're going through...and what you're about to go through. If you like...I can go ahead and recite word for word what they are going to tell you...and tell you to do...once you reach a MS CS rep. Would that help? Yeah...I didn't think so, but I'll keep you in my prayers.

beezelBug
09-09-2008, 08:19 AM
i just got it and was still basically playin the tutorial and it gives me the red rings of death. so now i have a 350.00$ brick in my room.

Sorry to hear that. But I cant give you much sympathy as my Elite red ringed on power up this morning, didnt even get to play anything and its only 6 months old. I assume yours is out of warranty by your statement but I have already contacted support to get mine fixed.

i just hope its back before Force Unleashed comes out.

havok x360a
09-09-2008, 08:56 AM
if it is out of warranty try fixing it yourself. i did with mine (with no previous exp) or sell it on ebay as spares or repair

AlecArticuno
09-09-2008, 01:25 PM
kind of a viva pinata thread not a OMFG RED RINGS fourm.

CrAb WiZaRd
09-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Sorry to hear that. But I cant give you much sympathy as my Elite red ringed on power up this morning, didnt even get to play anything and its only 6 months old. I assume yours is out of warranty by your statement but I have already contacted support to get mine fixed.

i just hope its back before Force Unleashed comes out.

thanks, but my 360 was bought last december, but i think that people with older xboxs should get extended warrantys cause they all go out the day after the warranty expires

CrAb WiZaRd
09-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I feel for ya' man. I'm on my 8th 360...I know what you're going through...and what you're about to go through. If you like...I can go ahead and recite word for word what they are going to tell you...and tell you to do...once you reach a MS CS rep. Would that help? Yeah...I didn't think so, but I'll keep you in my prayers.

hey dude, my gosh i feel for ya because my brother ison his 12th one... poor him.

Heron T Beagle
09-09-2008, 02:49 PM
luckily i have a back up box. it is one that went out after waranty expired and i fixed it myself. just look on youtube for how to take it apart. mine was due to overheating and i just cleaned it out really well and it works like a charm now. the elite is still in waranty so im sending it off. I knew something was going on because any time i would try and switch between the quick menus in viva it would freeze really bad for about 5 seconds and then come back, I thought it was the game but had not seen anyone else post about it.

CrAb WiZaRd
09-09-2008, 03:00 PM
ya it works ok now tho just a little slow

Arshak
09-09-2008, 05:11 PM
you could still send it in for repairs and only have to pay $100 instead of buying a new one...

Figgsy x360a
09-09-2008, 05:17 PM
So now I have a 350.00$ brick in my room.

Lol. Worthy of being in my sig :biglaugh

XL MaGNuMz
09-09-2008, 05:20 PM
I feel your pain....

Missis Beki
09-09-2008, 08:12 PM
VIVA PINATA IS A KILLER! I swear, I read this thread and i was liek yeah sure right of course the pretty game killed your box, then i put my copy in, sacnned a card in the all of a sudden it dies with the three lights, turn it on and same happens.
OOOOOH im so not happy.
This is what i get for laughing at other people

theglin
09-10-2008, 02:04 AM
VIVA PINATA IS A KILLER! I swear, I read this thread and i was liek yeah sure right of course the pretty game killed your box, then i put my copy in, sacnned a card in the all of a sudden it dies with the three lights, turn it on and same happens.
OOOOOH im so not happy.
This is what i get for laughing at other people

Same thing just happened to me... I've had my 360 for a whopping 4 months. So yeah, Viva might well be a 360 killer.