PDA

View Full Version : Ebay hard drive problem

SuperSouter
09-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Ok, I sold my 360 20gb hard drive on ebay. I stuck it in my new 360 and wiped the hard drive and then wrapped it properly and then sent it off as all was working.
Today I get a message from the buyer saying he got it through and got a 68 error, which I have read a little about and apparently this implies there is a problem with the hard drive or the 360's connection to the hard drive. It was working fine when I sent it off and this person claims to have tried it on two 360's.
Is this my fault at all? As in should I give him a refund or something.

To me this is the same situation that I had before and I think its bullshit.
Cos really if the person sends the HD back and I give a refund I have not only lost out on the money but also a possible broken hard drive and ofcourse postage costs.

What do you guys think I should do?

Ryot Control
09-09-2008, 08:08 AM
did you put no refunds, no returns on your ebay listing? If you didn't, you didn't imply that there are no returns and you're gonna have to suck it up and take it back.

SuperSouter
09-09-2008, 08:11 AM
There is a no returns policy on the ebay listing

Pheonix_Assassin
09-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Well personally im only 15 but when i do eBay 3 sweet years from now i will always put no returns because ive had 3 games go off (360 Games) and the customer has siad it dont work may i have a refund an dnot only that they want to keep the game as well lol im not that daft but dont return it mate because when you sell tech stuff there are poachers that will ride you like a horse so id say no refunds sorry!

Jim Ignatowski
09-09-2008, 02:31 PM
First thing I would want to know, is there a way to tell if you are getting YOUR HD back? I'm thinking you could be getting scammed with him sending HIS broken HD back to you, and keeping YOUR good HD, costing him maybe some shipping at most. If there is no way to tell, then I would say stick with the no refunds. Good luck.

EvilestBean
09-09-2008, 03:05 PM
First thing I would want to know, is there a way to tell if you are getting YOUR HD back? I'm thinking you could be getting scammed with him sending HIS broken HD back to you, and keeping YOUR good HD, costing him maybe some shipping at most. If there is no way to tell, then I would say stick with the no refunds. Good luck.
^^ This guy has made a very good point, he might be sending his own broken hard drive to you, therefore it being a scam.

SuperSouter
09-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Well I told him there is no refunds/returns. Also told him if he wants to claim that it go broken in transit he can go to the post office

_DaNnY_
09-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Just the reason why I don't use Ebay, there's a lesson to be learnt here.... :)

Parkerktm
09-10-2008, 04:48 AM
Ebay has been upsetting me lately as well.

I sold a 1600 MS points card last week for $19.50. I sent the code via email and the guy said it was invalid. He said he sent me numerous emails which i never received and all he did was complain and threaten me about how he was going to file a dispute and all this crap. I called MS and like everyone knows the people there are worthless, so all they did was waste my time saying that the retailer did not "activate" the code at checkout (I was like wtf, it's already activated dumbass). Then finally 2 days later and $15 wasted in gas i send the guy another email saying either file a dispute and fuck off or your playing me. I then get an email saying now the code works, well wtf i just wasted all the money i made off selling the card on gas driving to and from the retailer twice.

Argggg ^@*(&(%@#&