PDA

View Full Version : What goes towards your overall score?

Inyaface13
09-09-2008, 08:10 AM
I was wanting to know what goes towards your overall score?

Nevander
09-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I think it is figured by how well you do after each level is done, after it shows the stats screen or whatever. Like how much percentage for each thing you get. Not sure on that though.

Ham Woopan
09-09-2008, 11:28 PM
How fast you completed the level, number of enemies killed, number of items collected, and number of secrets found. Completing the level in the least amount of time gives you the most points.

Inyaface13
09-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Aight thanks,
How do I get the score added to my overall score?

What I mean is..I will play a quick game of E1M1 on Nightmare and complete it under par and my overall score wont go up.

Why not?

Dysitis
09-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Your total score combines your best score for every map, meaning you can't just keep playing all day accumulating more and more points. Your overall score won't go up unless you beat one of your high scores. If you want to get really high scores, play on nightmare and get 100% kills, items, and secrets. Yes you do get additional points for faster times, but it doesn't affect your score as much as the other factors do.

Edit: I just dug this up. I posted it on another forum a few weeks ago and it should help you out a lot.

As for how scoring works, you're right that it's best to play on nightmare, but not because you can get over 100% kills. All that matters is that you get at least 100% kills. If you go higher, your score still counts as 100%. There are 5 factors in calculating score. Kills %, secrets %, items %, difficulty, and time. So in order to get the highest possible scores you have to play on nightmare while getting 100% kills, items, and secrets and while also doing it as fast as you can. 1% is worth 25 points so 3x 100% = 7,500. Then you get an added 5,000 for playing on nightmare which brings you to 12,500. Then there is a possible 2,500 points to be gained from time bonuses. Each second faster adds between 5-25 points depending on the map.

Inyaface13
09-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Your total score combines your best score for every map, meaning you can't just keep playing all day accumulating more and more points. Your overall score won't go up unless you beat one of your high scores. If you want to get really high scores, play on nightmare and get 100% kills, items, and secrets. Yes you do get additional points for faster times, but it doesn't affect your score as much as the other factors do.

Edit: I just dug this up. I posted it on another forum a few weeks ago and it should help you out a lot.

As for how scoring works, you're right that it's best to play on nightmare, but not because you can get over 100% kills. All that matters is that you get at least 100% kills. If you go higher, your score still counts as 100%. There are 5 factors in calculating score. Kills %, secrets %, items %, difficulty, and time. So in order to get the highest possible scores you have to play on nightmare while getting 100% kills, items, and secrets and while also doing it as fast as you can. 1% is worth 25 points so 3x 100% = 7,500. Then you get an added 5,000 for playing on nightmare which brings you to 12,500. Then there is a possible 2,500 points to be gained from time bonuses. Each second faster adds between 5-25 points depending on the map.

Thanks Man,
I kinda like how it does that. The only way for your over all score to go up is to beat your best score on that map.
I like that

Preciate the help.