PDA

View Full Version : About the Co-op

catpayne
09-08-2006, 05:21 AM
i was hoping the game to have coop-live mode, but now that i watch the game closely it semms tha its only coop-2 cntrl player,, if anyone know im wrong plz correct me, i hop im:confused:

P1NSEEKER
09-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Here is a prime example of where poor grammer can make reading posts a nightmare:

i was hoping the game to have coop-live mode, but now that i watch the game closely it semms tha its only coop-2 cntrl player,, if anyone know im wrong plz correct me, i hop im:confused:

Look how much decent grammer would help:

I was hoping the game would have co-op live mode, but now that i look closely it seems its only co-op with two controllers. If anyone knows that im wrong please correct me. I hope im wrong.

A little extra time when posting makes a lot of difference. ;)

catpayne
09-08-2006, 01:45 PM
;) i guess thats better tha knowing only one language, the day you learn something else than your english youll understand!!!amigo mio, gracias

P1NSEEKER
09-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Your not english? Oooops :(

Now i feel bad!

Please accept my apologies.

graf1k
09-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah I'm starting to get worried about this too. Every review I've seen keeps talking about the 'drop in/drop out' co-op of 2 player co-op but nothing about co-op on Live which I had always assumed was what they were talking about when they said co-op in previews. It would really suck if there is no Live co-op because that was the biggest reason I wanted to play this game.

Crash
09-08-2006, 03:21 PM
From everything I read it is local only. Hopefully I'm wrong and they have co-op online, but I would not count on it. Maybe a patch later on to add it in?

P1NSEEKER
09-08-2006, 03:24 PM
A guy in my clan who works a a game store has seen the back of the box and it isnt looking good im afraid :( If this is not online co-op i'll be demoting it to a renter ;)

Wesker STARS
09-09-2006, 04:44 PM
i have the game. the only XBL features it supports is Content Download. no online co-op. only 2 people on the same console:(

Dark Fury
09-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Haha! P1N you fool!

Anyway, i would've got this game if it was online co-op but alas it's not so... rental only.

ScottEvil30
09-10-2006, 11:43 AM
no co-op for me then as i don't let anyone else on my 360 :(

s1u5h13
09-12-2006, 02:24 PM
you guys just need to get some "real" friends instead of virtual reality online friends, and all your coop problems will be resolved and you will be happy ;)

Wreckon Dracgon
09-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Real friends who needs them, they come in your house touch your light sabers, take your swords of the wall, sit in your chair, drink your Jack Daniels, then say "Let's play Madden" when they die in every single game.

I think my quote for tomorrow will be

... XBL Live Friends Don't Leave a Mess When They Disconnect... Real Friends Do...

TheMollywhopper
09-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Real friends who needs them, they come in your house touch your light sabers, take your swords of the wall, sit in your chair, drink your Jack Daniels, then say "Let's play Madden" when they die in every single game.

I think my quote for tomorrow will be

... XBL Live Friends Don't Leave a Mess When They Disconnect... Real Friends Do...

Truer words have never been spoken.

PerpetualHeaven
09-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Your not english? Oooops :(

Now i feel bad!

Please accept my apologies.

I would like to point that it's "you're". It makes no sense if it's "your". When you extend "you're", it becomes "you are".

Please don't forget that you didn't capitalize your "I".

I'm not saying my grammar is good at all or near perfect but I don't criticize people about theirs. Some people aren't english on here and some people don't have the capability to produce proper sentences with precise grammar and excellent spelling. People have intelligences in certain areas and putting them down because they aren't great in one area is arrogant.

I understood his sentence clearly and you also understood it. You just went off and corrected his grammar for no reason. Even if he was english, you have no right to correct it. What if he's illiterate or terrible at english? Next time before you go off and type some stupid correcting statement, you should sit and think that not everyone can construct a proper sentence.

TheMollywhopper
09-13-2006, 05:13 PM
I would like to point that it's "you're". It makes no sense if it's "your". When you extend "you're", it becomes "you are".

Please don't forget that you didn't capitalize your "I".

I'm not saying my grammar is good at all or near perfect but I don't criticize people about theirs. Some people aren't english on here and some people don't have the capability to produce proper sentences with precise grammar and excellent spelling. People have intelligences in certain areas and putting them down because they aren't great in one area is arrogant.

I understood his sentence clearly and you also understood it. You just went off and corrected his grammar for no reason. Even if he was english, you have no right to correct it. What if he's illiterate or terrible at english? Next time before you go off and type some stupid correcting statement, you should sit and think that not everyone can construct a proper sentence.

Please note that English is a proper noun and should be capitalized as such. Also, I believe that the word corrective in place of correcting would have strengthened your case in the fight against bad grammar. There is also the matter of missing commas that I would like to discuss with you, but will not.
The guy apologized, and I'm more than certain he feels remorse regardless of your accusations. Let's get back on topic here, shall we?

Has anyone played the co-op yet? If so, how is it? Can you get achievements on co-op?

DaKing240
09-13-2006, 05:18 PM

I don't care how bad I am at Madden... I don't think I ever died in a game...

Tron
09-13-2006, 05:33 PM
you can get achievements on co op.
i think it may be easier doing it yourself, or my wife sucks at the game..probably both.

The Killer 47
09-14-2006, 01:29 AM
If you are shooting for the undefeated achievements in co-op, then both you and your partner will need to survive. I was thinking that you could just have someone else protect you and take the hits, but unfortunately that is not the case.

TheMollywhopper
09-14-2006, 05:17 AM

I think he was saying when his friends die in other games they call for a game of Madden instead. My roomie was playing co-op for a few minutes earlier, got frustrated and opted for some Test Drive across the hall :)

The co-op camera angles are shoddy to say the least. They don't expand when you and your friend go to opposite ends of the room... Instead, you both become trapped by the camera and wind up getting screwed over. I wouldn't recommend 2 first-timers playing together, or worse, the infamous Vet/Noob hookup.

Tron
09-14-2006, 11:46 AM
the vet noob hookup is miserable... my wife and i spent half the night arguing...it was hilarious and retarded at the same time...

Wreckon Dracgon
09-14-2006, 12:12 PM
the vet noob hookup is miserable... my wife and i spent half the night arguing...it was hilarious and retarded at the same time...

See Videogames Bring Couples Together.

And DaKing, Mollywhopper is correct. I was saying that people come over, get killed in Call of Duty, GRAW, Battlefield... etc and then they say "Let's Play Madden" then when they are getting pummeled 56 to nothing they suddenly have to go home.

L3giOn
09-15-2006, 11:09 PM
What if he's illiterate or terrible at english?

Then he shouldn't be on here in the first place...:rolleyes:

salazaar99
09-16-2006, 01:01 AM

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I can see a new achievement for Madden '08....Complete a Franchise Season without dying (50 points).

zam
09-19-2006, 03:33 AM
It's too bad this game doesn't have co-op over Live sice this game is far, far better in co-op. Not only are almost all games more fun in co-op, but it's great to play this game with a buddy and laugh at the great humour in this game.

Been playing it every day since last monday at my buddy's place (which incidentally is the apartment above mine ;)) and it's been so great.

Come on TT, make a patch for online co-op, Rare did it :p

zebatov
09-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Please note that English is a proper noun and should be capitalized as such. Also, I believe that the word corrective in place of correcting would have strengthened your case in the fight against bad grammar. There is also the matter of missing commas that I would like to discuss with you, but will not.
The guy apologized, and I'm more than certain he feels remorse regardless of your accusations. Let's get back on topic here, shall we?

Has anyone played the co-op yet? If so, how is it? Can you get achievements on co-op?

Not to mention his run-on sentence as seen in bold:

And I only have grade 9 English :)

And before I bought this game, all I heard the guys talk about at EB was the online co-op.