PDA

View Full Version : My review and walkthrough locations.

j69plus1
09-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Ok i will admit I've never watched lost. I originally got this game because of the threads saying,"easy 1000" (yes i'm an achievement whore). But after playing the first couple of levels i really got into it. I'ts something different. Yes i did go and get a guide before i played it. But the guide is only that. You still have to execute what it says to do. Now i have found a few guides for this game. The one that i ended up using was found at http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/942290/52019 . Now this is a spoiler free quick guide. It does not go through all the dialog and talking to everyone that some of the others do. If you dont care about spending 4 or 5 hours to get your 1000 and leave with nothing,this is the one for you. NOTE this guide did have a flaw i found. Episode 4 at the test 4/42 something is misplaced you cannot take the second pic you need for the "mapping the island" achievement. I did however find what was misplaced on a video from you tube :YouTube - Lost: Via Domus Episode 4 Part 3/3 .When you get to that part watch the video it will get you the achievement. IGN has a very very good walkthrough http://guides.ign.com/guides/829064/page_3.html It will take you through every step of the game step by step. It may take you longer, but you will leave with what the developers wanted you to leave with. Now depending on how you use you guide is important also. Me personally, I print my guide out and keep it on my lap or near me for very quick reference. On Gamefaqs guide I only used 8 pages,all dialog. On IGNs it was like 40 or 50 pages with dialog pics etc. If you have your sytem set up with your computer near your xbox for easy accsess you may be able to sit in front of the computer and play the game at the same time. Overall I give the game a 7 out of 10. If you looking for shoot em up gameplay its not for you. Looking for a change from the norm or if you actually like the lost TV series its a definate must.:woop:

Oh by the way i did go back through the game with the IGN guide, big difference. But its up to you. QUICK or THOROUGH :confused:

safc15
12-14-2008, 08:09 PM
nice review

smokedghost
12-19-2008, 01:40 AM
thanks, switching between the achievement guide on here and this guide was kinda useful. although I did get confused at certain times because they do achievements at different times at one point... own fault for using to guides I guess lol!

anyway good review, agree with what you say.

And did any one else find them craping themselves when tryna get away from the black smoke? or am I just a wimp:p

Purge
12-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Im using this guide the now, looks useful.