PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some quick opinions...

Feel My Rage
09-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Right, so tonight I transfered my RB1 songs to my hard drive(early prep fro RB2!;)), but I have to save up money real fast for RB2, tough for me, hehe.So anyways, I was thinking about trading in my copy of RB1 to gamestop from a quick preorder-downpayment-thingamajig.....gah, I dunno how to say it.

I wanna pre order RB2 with money I'm getting from trading in RB1 is the best way to phrase it I guess...

Thoughts?

Lucent Beam
09-10-2008, 04:27 AM
You won't get nearly worth your money for trading in RB1. Also keep in mind you are losing 3 songs if you don't have the RB1 disc: Run to the Hills, Enter Sandman, and Paranoid. I wouldn't trade in the disc if I were you unless you don't care about those and don't mind getting ripped off.

Dex
09-10-2008, 05:12 AM
I avoid GameStop trades alltogether. They give you $7 and sell your game to someone else for $40.

Plus I love Rock Band too much to get rid of it. Even if I can play all of the songs (minus 3) in RB2 from my hard drive, I still don't want to sell one of my favorite games of all time.

Not to mention the fact that when the next XBox comes out in a few years, who knows what the hard drive situation will be like... at the very least, I'm sure Microsoft will make the next console backwards compatible, just like how you can play original XBox games on the 360 now. If you hold on to your original RB1 disk, theres a good chance you'll still be able to play it for the next 10-15 years.

ViperxSniper
09-10-2008, 06:14 AM
I am trading it in for Rock Band 2. Don't get me wrong, I like the songs that aren't transferable, but I need the money for all the other games coming out this year. And also I feel like I won't really miss those songs since there are going to be 500+ by the end of the year.

If you do trade it in, there is a coupon on the inside front cover of last month game informet (it the one with the Rock Band 2 info in it, I think it has Wolfenstien on the cover) for an extra 30% trade in credit towards Rock Band 2 (plus you can get the 10% for the edge card). But when I checked with them a week or two ago they were offering $15 trade-in credit (before the extra 40% credit) for it.

blurbia
09-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Yeah I traded in my copy a while ago.

It's really based on how frugal you are or how tight for cash you are. You'll get about $10-$15 for it (counting the +20% trade-in towards RB2 and +10% Edge card). So if you'd rather spend $10-$15 somewhere other than on RB2, then trade it in RB1.

good ol boy366
09-10-2008, 08:00 AM
i wouldn't trade it in to gamestop if you must trade it in...they're such a rip-off...my brother traded his copy in to blockbuster for 30$ store credit, and just turned around and spent it on microsoft points cards.

Chrushev
09-10-2008, 08:07 AM
watch this before you decide to go to Game Stop for ANYTHING http://www.youtube.com/user/WhistleBlowerZero

Feel My Rage
09-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Dex, Lucent, thanks for your concern......but I must admit I am not worried about not being able to play those two songs.Why, you might ask?...weeeeeeeeell.......I acctually own TWO copies of Rock Band, just gonna trade in one! ^_^

Plus, I can do like Viper says and get like, the extra 40% towards RB2 or whatever it is.

And Good Ol Boy.....truth be told, I dislike Blockbuster.A LOT.I havn't been inside one in like....I'm gonna go with 6 to 9 years

ViperxSniper
09-10-2008, 08:00 PM
I just traded my copy of Rock Band in and got $16.80 in trade. ($12.00 Regular trade, $3.60 with the magazine coupon, and $1.20 with the Edge card). Even if you don't have the coupon, I think they are still offering 20% store credit. But I would trade it in soon because I think the trade in value will go down because, 1. Alot of people will be thinking the same thing and trade in their copy and 2. Once Rock Band 2 comes out, Rock Band 1 will probably go down in price.

As for Blockbuster, everytime I used them it seemed they give less for things. Hell I tried to trade in two Blu-Rays and they offered me $2 store credit each for them.

Also, why do you have 2 copies of Rock Band?

Feel My Rage
09-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Well, to anwer your question Viper....my parents are divorced.I got the "Two Christmases"(I dunno how to spell it,lol) effect last chirstmas.Odd, since I never expressed an intrest in the game at my Dad's house....

good ol boy366
09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
And Good Ol Boy.....truth be told, I dislike Blockbuster.A LOT.I havn't been inside one in like....I'm gonna go with 6 to 9 years

well, that may be, and i haven't been in there in a long time either (less than 9 years, but still a long time)...but i guess it just depends how much you think rb is worth...16 at gamestop or 32 at blockbuster?

Feel My Rage
09-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Well, I must also admit....there is only one blockbuster anywhere near me, and as I said in my above post, I don't like it.....not only that, but my parents hate it as well, so I'm not gonna be able to get anyone to take me to Blockbuster