PDA

View Full Version : lol look what my RockBand 2 says on title screen.

Chrushev
09-10-2008, 09:36 AM
lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Duxa/RB2_lol.jpg

ShaunMichael80
09-10-2008, 09:50 AM
lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Duxa/RB2_lol.jpg

Haha thats tremendous...Now watch tommorow you get banned lol

APX
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Very nice, getting banned? doubtful, since mostly everybody that works at mom&pop stores get games early and play them all the time, and they're still doing it. ;)

ShaunMichael80
09-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Very nice, getting banned? doubtful, since mostly everybody that works at mom&pop stores get games early and play them all the time, and they're still doing it. ;)

It happens, See Halo 3! :)

APX
09-10-2008, 10:04 AM
That's one game, outta how many that was made? My point still stands. ;)

Dex
09-10-2008, 10:11 AM
All those Halo3 bans were mostly people playing on XBL before the game came out, and also had a record of playing advance games. The same was true for several other games, including GTA IV and Gears of War.

As long as these advance copy users keep their console's RJ45 port unoccupied, then they probably have nothing to worry about.

As for the whole "mom and pop" thing... 90% of advance copy users have a modded console and are just downloading the game off the internet. I know 4 people at work who are playing Rock Band 2 right now, and I've already seen at least 2 legit sources on 2 very well known Bit Torrent sites.

I, for one, am fine with waiting 4 more days for RB2, and I'm frankly getting sick of all these clowns showing up and bragging that they have the game before anyone else. Who cares? Shut up and go play it if you have it, I know that's what I'd be doing.

ShaunMichael80
09-10-2008, 10:14 AM
All those Halo3 bans were mostly people playing on XBL before the game came out, and also had a record of playing advance games. The same was true for several other games, including GTA IV and Gears of War.

As long as these advance copy users keep their console's RJ45 port unoccupied, then they probably have nothing to worry about.

As for the whole "mom and pop" thing... 90% of advance copy users have a modded console and are just downloading the game off the internet. I know 4 people at work who are playing Rock Band 2 right now.

I, for one, am fine with waiting 4 more days for RB2, and I'm frankly getting sick of all these clowns showing up and bragging that they have the game before anyone else. Who cares? Shut up and go play it if you have it, I know that's what I'd be doing.

Yep...mom and pop stores i dont think want to risk selling games early.

They sell this early, someone pops it in, M$ catches it and asks so and so where and how they got it (It happens because it happen to me with GH3). You tell them, they call that store..BAM $10,000 penalty. Thats what i'm told is the penalty at blockbuster

VeNGeD
09-10-2008, 10:19 AM
People got banned from playing Halo 3 early? From Xbox live or Halo 3 match making?

Dex
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
People got banned from playing Halo 3 early? From Xbox live or Halo 3 match making?
They got their XBL account banned, which basically forfeits whatever they had paid for that 1-3-6-12 month subscription, as well any and all achievements they had on that account. Plus they are flagged, and M$ keeps an eye on them, and any XBL account they make thereafter.

It happened to one of those 4 coworkers that I mentioned. He was pissed, but eventually just created a new XBL account ($50 for 1 year), and stayed offline whenever he played something illegally downloaded off the internet...

Dex
09-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Double post just for the sake of double posting.

http://kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/09/rock_band_2_kudos.jpg

Street dates are for housewives and little girls! Rock Band 2 thumbs its nose at such restrictions and, as reader "Lancellot" shows us, gives a virtual high five to anyone who managed to finagle a pre-release copy of MTV Games and Harmonix's latest. "Welcome to Rock Band 2!" the congratulatory splash screen reads "Nice work on scoring the game before it comes out!" So refreshing to see someone not be so uptight about the occasional retail leak.

http://kotaku.com/5047658/rock-band-2-approves-of-breaking-street-dates

Again, who cares?

InSoMnIaC_190
09-10-2008, 03:52 PM
It scared me a little when I seen it yesterday when I got the game.

InSoMnIaC_190
09-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Today it says ...

"Have you tried an impossible battle yet? Prove you are worthy of owning the game early!!!"

harmonix FTW

SebastianSB
09-10-2008, 05:21 PM
This is one of the best things I've seen in ages :)

Taker447
09-10-2008, 05:25 PM
omg. i love Harmonix. That is one amazing idea to do.

fuzzy510
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Honestly, I don't think anybody's getting banned for this. Harmonix is embracing this way too much for that to be the case. I believe there's even a pre-release challenge somewhere......

What The Buck?
09-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Lol, its nice to see their having a little fun with the people that got it early!

Tron
09-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Krazie and I got Mass Effect a full 11 days early. we were never banned...

OzzieDreamer
09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
You WILL get banned if you bit torrent this and try to play online!

Chrushev
09-10-2008, 07:05 PM
I work in the gaming industry. So I get a lot of the games early. I had Halo 3 2 weeks before it came out. And played it while connected to live. No problems whats so ever.

I dont know anyone who got banned. But as far as I know you do not lose any achievements and nothing happens to your gamer tag. Its the actual console that gets banned. In essence that RJ45 will be refused a connection to xbox servers.

So in other words. You can get a new console, recover your gamer tag and keep playing online retaining all of your gamerscore and saves.

Microsoft can ban anyone for any reason.. at least according to their EULA.. but i dont think they would ban people for playing early. because most would argue that its the shop's fault for breaking the release date. Not who bought it.

bplayak
09-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Krazie and I got Mass Effect a full 11 days early. we were never banned...

Nice one Tron ;) I like how the screenshot samurai posted in a thread with a screenshot :)

Microsoft isn't going to police something like that as A. They'd have to give out a thousand bans a week for everyone that actually grabbed a hold of a game and played it before it's actual release date and B. they have stuff on their plates then to worry about people who play games a few days early. Anyway...

That screenshot is awesome! You have to love Harmonix sense of humor. A true lol experience.

Tron
09-10-2008, 07:14 PM
@ Crushev... spot on, i am pretty sure you can take your harddrive with you instead of recovering.. i may be wrong but i thought they banned the mac address and/or the serial number of your box...and your harddrive with all your files and saves are still intact.

@bp... thanks i try to limit my posts to things related to me ;), oh and you are totally right, i dont think they are in business to ban their customers.

brak4222
09-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Hilarious work by hmx....if only they could have a special message for pirated discs too...

InSoMnIaC_190
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
It is just a general news thing not on the actual disk. Plus they cannot really tell what is pirated or not other than the firmware unless they burned a really really screwy rip or something.

revenge7777
09-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Thats sooo funny, maybe i should have got the game today when I saw it at eb games.... But then would you really get banned for playing it early?

TwistedFate
09-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Plus they cannot really tell what is pirated or not other than the firmware unless they burned a really really screwy rip or something.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Keep right on thinking that.

Q: Why do you need a special firmware to run burned discs?
A: Because there is something on retail discs that is not on a burned disc. It's a simple check to see if your disc has it or not.

RINGO
09-12-2008, 12:27 AM
wow..this is quite funny on HMX's part..... love it...

any company who gets mad that people play their game before the actual release date is just ridiculous.

N3R0 X360a
09-12-2008, 12:37 AM
wow..this is quite funny on HMX's part..... love it...

any company who gets mad that people play their game before the actual release date is just ridiculous.
I got smackdown vs. raw 08 1 day before the release date...I saw rock band 2 and TNA! Impact from the same guy today...Hes good at this:woop:
God I love New york:p

neok182
09-12-2008, 03:07 PM
all the gamestops in my area just started selling them after a few store broke street date. i would of bought one but they don't take best buy coupons. rather wait till sunday when i can get it for only $20.

IIMF DoomII
09-12-2008, 11:46 PM
LOL same thing happened to my friend today when we played it.

InSoMnIaC_190
09-13-2008, 02:05 AM
Today it has a fact about Neil Pearts birthday which no one would see since the game is not officially out so I thought that was cool.

Zee
09-13-2008, 06:08 AM
That guy got banned because he had a development copy. He had a copy that was still being tested before release.

InSoMnIaC_190
09-13-2008, 04:02 PM
That and Halo 3 was pirated a S***LOAD before release they were the majority of bans. Those with legit copies from a store were left untouched as far as I know.

Sniper07LHS
09-15-2008, 09:17 AM
if i remember right the person that got banned from Halo 3 somehow modded his Halo 3 Beta and was able to play the full game online and everything...

TA Sasuke
09-15-2008, 09:26 AM
this is incredibly cool. too bad i missed it because i bought the game yesterday ha

Inyaface13
09-15-2008, 09:36 AM
This dude I played COD4 with said him and his clan ran into a dude who was playing Rock Band 2 3 days before its release. I did not believe him till I added the guy and I think I remember seeing him playing it for like 4 hours and he did not have 1 achievement...I thought that was kind of weird.

I think his gamertag
was like
Ruggs187
but I think there was a few x's in there somewhere.

IIMF DoomII
11-09-2008, 07:31 PM
[quote=Dex;1139791]All those Halo3 bans were mostly people playing on XBL before the game came out, and also had a record of playing advance games. The same was true for several other games, including GTA IV and Gears of War.

I had gears of war 2 three weeks before it came out and played on XBL, I also had rockband 2 early and GTA 4 early. And guess what I'm not banned yet.

Xbox clearly stated that they do not ban people for playing games early, the incident with Halo 3 they said was a mistake.