PDA

View Full Version : Arena Achievement glitched?

Lethal J
09-10-2008, 01:07 PM
So I just got to 40 ranked wins in Arena, and no achievement. The leaderboards say I have over 70 wins, but I believe that counts the matches people quit in. Anyone else have trouble unlocking this achievement?

AOS Puck
09-10-2008, 02:35 PM
The search button is your friend, learn to use it.

Aussie Rage
09-13-2008, 03:58 AM
The search button is your friend, learn to use it.

why don't you do something helpfull and put a link here for the guy insted of being a dick about it. i know people get frustrated with pointless or repeat posts and if it bugs you that much then why don't you use that search button you love to find somewhere to report it because im getting sick of people acting like jerks because they see a question twice.

AOS Puck
09-13-2008, 08:16 AM
why don't you do something helpfull and put a link here for the guy insted of being a dick about it. i know people get frustrated with pointless or repeat posts and if it bugs you that much then why don't you use that search button you love to find somewhere to report it because im getting sick of people acting like jerks because they see a question twice.

Why don't you provide the guy with a link instead of being a dick to me? ;)

Also, since you are two days late for the party, when this thread was created there was an existing similar thread only two slots below this one. Common sense would dictate that you don't need a link to read two lines below the topic you just created.

darkenednight
09-13-2008, 05:38 PM
:offtopic:
You guys could stop arguing through his topic, and post something helpful. I'm pretty sure this would have been locked by now if your "search" was the case. He has three posts, he's still a bit new to the forums, give him a bit of slack.

It took me about 45 wins to get my achievement. Sometimes when players quit the win will count on your gamertag, but not towards the achievement. If you also played a Ranked Arena with more than one other person, you get extra wins. (ex. If I played a ranked arena match with two other people and won, I would get two wins) The two wins will show on the leaderboards, but it only counts as one win towards the achievement.

Maverick Zero
09-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Does anyone have a possible fix for this problem??

I have had the issue of my game freezing up in the process of joining games (I don't have any problems overheating) and every time it locks up, I have to shut off my box, then when I turn it back on it says "lifetime wins: 0". The leaderboards say 54 wins or so... but no achievement... if the lifetime wins thing going to be a problem?

I have been looking all around at the people with the arena issues, but no one discusses the lifetime wins, so i'm curious. thanks.

darkenednight
09-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Change the view, there's another leaderboard for Rank Lifetime Wins.

I'm a bit confused on the problem you are having...

Maverick Zero
09-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah I'm looking at the right leaderboard, the one you have to hit X three times to get to... and it says 54 wins.

When I say "lifetime wins", I mean the wins that show up after the match is over, and it says Wins: 0, Lifetime Wins: 0. On the leaderboard it still says 54. It seems similar to when you lose your character data, because thats happened to me as well.

My problem is that when I'm in a game lobby, it counts down, and the games just going like normal but then just freezes, not allowing you to do anything on your box, and you'll have to shut it off. It freezes in different places now and then, but only for online when I'm trying to get into some games. I boosted with a friend last night and he got his at 39 wins, but no freezing problems like I had. I won 50, and nothing, and I can't get my "lifetime wins" to 40 even if I try, because it freezes every so often. Has happened to me in Quaff, as well.

I'm pretty sure its not an overheating issue, but regardless if it is or not... it resets my "lifetime wins" to zero.

Sorry if its hard to understand, but I appreciate the effort! thanks :drunk

ThirdeYe
09-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Mine finally popped up, it took me 44 wins instead of 40. All you can Quaff only took me about 18 wins though, so I guess it sorta evens out...

UCB Disco
09-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Guys, they are going to release a patch soon enough that will fix this stuff. Just enjoy the game and don't worry too much about the Achievements. I'm sure when the patch comes out, the online Ranked Achievements will happen more properly.

Tiberian
09-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Mine finally popped up, it took me 44 wins instead of 40. All you can Quaff only took me about 18 wins though, so I guess it sorta evens out...

Exactly the same for me. I got the achievement for all you can Quaff after only 18 wins and i know for a fact that i or the people i played with had no disconnects during the games. So yeah, the achievements themselves are glitched, it isn't soley the connection issue at fault.

As UCB Disco, i'm not going to worry much until the patch hits. It could very well fix everything wrong with CC but i hope they are aware the achievements are a bit buggy.

Helg0r
09-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Got the achievement at 42 wins... the problem was not the achievement itself but all the retards that would quit once it was clear that they would lose. Some even quitted just before you get back to the result-screen (I believe that's where the win registers)...

Basically for the 20 wins that I still needed I played over 35(sic!) matches... I even ended up giving good rep if someone just STAYED till the end... >_>"

darkenednight
09-14-2008, 06:09 PM
I used good rep as an incentive for players who stayed after they were beat to the ground as well.

After 45 wins, the achievement was mine.

xEVILxSEEDx
09-21-2008, 11:23 PM
hell ya im gunna have to try that

KingGotenW
09-23-2008, 04:33 AM
I used good rep as an incentive for players who stayed after they were beat to the ground as well.

After 45 wins, the achievement was mine.

Do people actually do that just to get good rep?

ShiryuX
09-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Do people actually do that just to get good rep?

I think he just means when he's playing, if the people who he played with didn't leave even after being beat, he gives them good rep.

darkenednight
09-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I think he just means when he's playing, if the people who he played with didn't leave even after being beat, he gives them good rep.

Exactly, it actually does get some people to stay. If you have the achievement already quits count towards your leaderboard rank, it just doesn't help toward the achievement which is bit stupid if you ask me.