PDA

View Full Version : How long is the xbox 360 repair queue?

Stridstiss
09-10-2008, 01:27 PM
When you place a repair request (within warranty) how long does it take for them to process it and go to step two so I can send it in?

I sent one and waited for 5 weeks, and then I canceled it and have now re-requested it. Please help

Tubson57
09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure something went wrong if you waited 5 weeks. From the time I sent in the repair request online to the time I took the repaired console out of the box I waited about 2 weeks or so. Some people have complained of a slow process like yours, but sofar I have been fine with the process. I'm not sure you can fix the issue except to wait...

Pheonix_Assassin
09-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I heard a rumour that it could take 30 years to get it back amazing

No i dunn about a year id say i ent sure

CORPSE CRISIS
09-10-2008, 02:17 PM
from having 4 xbox 360s i averaged 2 weeks for the xbox to come in my hands again. but ya if u waited 5 weeks then they might have had problems fixing ur xbox.

Shadow Fba
09-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Mine just died on Sunday. The E-mail the labels now instead of the Coffin to save on shipping time. There going to get it 2 morrow which is 4 days, now lets see how long it takes to get it back. I am hoping by next week I get it back.

Stridstiss
09-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I think you guys misunderstood me, I haven't sent in yet. I am at step one:

Your repair order goes through four stages:

1 Repair order submitted - We have received your repair order and it is in the queue to be processed.

2 Waiting for device at service center - We have processed your order and are waiting for your console to arrive at our service center. The total amount of time for your repair order depends on how quickly you send your console to us by using the shipping instructions that we included. Your console should be returned to you within 2 to 3 weeks of the date that you send it to us.

3 Device received at service center - We have received your console

4 Device shipped to customer - Your console has been repaired or replaced. We are shipping it back to you.

JC
09-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Well, it depends on how long it takes for you to print out all the info, put the 360 in a box and contact UPS using all the info MS give you. :)

Stridstiss
09-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Well I can't just send it to them if they are not expecting it (step two) ?

JC
09-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Well I can't just send it to them if they are not expecting it (step two) ?
They are expecting it though, as you have submitted your repair request and they are waiting for the device?

Stridstiss
09-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Step one, you have filed a request and we are waiting to process the request itself, when we do we move on to step 2 and then you send your xbox.

1 Repair order submitted - We have received your repair order and it is in the queue to be processed.

2 Waiting for device at service center - We have processed your order and are waiting for your console to arrive at our service center. The total amount of time for your repair order depends on how quickly you send your console to us by using the shipping instructions that we included. Your console should be returned to you within 2 to 3 weeks of the date that you send it to us.

InkedUp
09-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Man I would have to say that the process must have gotten screwed up somehow, it shouldn't take 5 weeks to process your request and send you your label. Call them back. I have heard of this happening because Microsoft got the e-mail address wrong. Make sure when you call, make them repeat your e-mail address back to you so they can send you your shipping label. Hope this helps

scarface
09-16-2008, 09:41 AM
I got the e-mail with the shipping details the day I called customer support.

It took them a week to send the 360 back.