PDA

View Full Version : RRoD, Then No RRoD?

Jonesy2008
09-10-2008, 04:16 PM
My electricity ran out, so i went and put the emergency on, as usual. I Came back and turned my xbox on and what do you know, RRoD. So i turned it off, and on again, and the same happened. So i told my mum, and went back downstairs, and it was fine again. Explanations pls? Is this because the electricity went off or am i just lucky?

Killing Shadows
09-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Hahaha.

The same thing happens with my xbox. I get the RRoD evry now and then, but it's still working 7 months after I got them :biglaugh

JC
09-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Well, I would send your 360 in to get repaired, otherwise the 3 Red Lights will keep coming back now and again.

Or it won't come for ages, then strike whilst you are loading up Gears 2 for the first time. ;)

sam49
09-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Thats what happened with my 360 as well. Had it since January 2007. I got 1 RROD on the bottom right hand corner 2 weeks ago (Hardware failure). Turned it off and back on again and it has still been working perfectly fine!

Noclaf68
09-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I got it yesterday...the console locked up so a rebooted got RRoD. Rebooted and got it again however it booted and i was able to play for about an hour with the Red Ring. Rebooted again and it wouldnt boot...time to send it to Mcallen Texas....again...:(

Crimson Ridley
09-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Mine does it if it shuts off suddenly, it's weird. I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's just pulling your leg :p.

gamerguy69
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
The very first time I saw my console do the RRoD was when our electricity flickered for a second but we didn't lose power. Perhaps some kind of power surge or something. My 360 had been on playing a game. Lights blinked, TV went off, computer rebooted, etc. I just powered off my console for a minute. When I powered back on, everything was fine.

J.Waddo
09-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Dont worry, it'll be fine, I made a topic about this as well, I find the link, but I cant be bothered:p

Domerchuchu
09-10-2008, 10:30 PM
That has happened to me a few times...my 360 is still okay even after the surge/power out. Lucky I guess.;)

Yann
09-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Likewise it's happened to me once or twice. Just turn it off and on and it's fine. Did that about 3 months ago and still going strong.

EvilestBean
09-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Maybe your 360 is possesed lol.

exo-apollo
09-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah I got RRoD once, sent it in and got it back and then it RRoD again like two days later. So i turned off my machine and walked away. When I came back it was fine and it has been for over a year now.

scarface
09-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Last September we had a power surge and my 360 red ringed (happened the same day Halo 3 came out), and this June it actually got the RRoD.

Jonesy2008
09-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah, it worked until today, now its fucked. So ive ordered my repair. A long 3 weeks to come. Come on PS2!!

DTwirler
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Must be something with power surges/flickers, mine's done this a couple of times as well. Scared the everloving daylights out of me too! I don't like getting scared like that! :(

sam49
09-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, it worked until today, now its fucked. So ive ordered my repair. A long 3 weeks to come. Come on PS2!!
Bad luck, mate. :( Hope the repair goes alright and you recieve a good and healthy 360.

nawtbird
09-12-2008, 07:32 PM
I had my electricity go out and come right back on and mine did the same thing. The first time i tried to turn my 360 back on i got the RRoD -- went downstairs bummed thinking it took the shit finally. Went back 10 minutes later and it worked fine.

It only did it that one time until i got the permanent RRoD 6 months later.

This was my launch console that went bad last summer....i took it back to Best Buy since I bought the warrenty...and got a new Halo 3 console --- they were out of the preimum and the halo 3 console was the same price

Jonesy2008
09-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Well, what a change of events. My xbox now appears fine (touch wood). Ive got 10 days to see if it is ok, if it isnt its a repair for me.

BrenteusMaximus
09-13-2008, 01:27 AM
I had a similar problem the other night with my elite system, though it was not power surge-related. I was just playing Mass Effect when it locked up. I rebooted, it started up then froze in the middle of the intro screen... did this about 5 times as i rebooted, including leaving it a minute or two and starting again... then on about the 5th reboot, it locked up in the intro screen again and i got the red rings... i immediately turned the unit off then began to panic and swear incoherently lol. Then just for fun to try and make my night worse i turned it back on again and lo and behold, it loaded perfectly... it was late so i didn't try gaming again but i've turned it on without incident a few more times since. Could this be an isolated incident or should i open up my poor out of warranty machine and make the heat sink mod to try and correct the problem before it starts?

KFZ Scrubs
09-13-2008, 04:01 AM
ohhh man, i need some serious help! I got a problem, i don't quite have the 3 rings, but i have one in the lower right hand corner and it won't let me play. I've already determined that its the video cable port that has the problem with it because when i connect it to the xbox and then somehting else it stops working...... does anyone know how to help me?

darkskyofclouds
09-13-2008, 12:59 PM
i got the 3 RRod once i took my power block off the carpet and put it on my enterment center were the heat could spread more and the rings went away i'm just glad that i have not had to ship it to M$ to get it fixed

Jdm
09-13-2008, 04:35 PM
In regards to power surges when the electricity in your house either flickers or goes out completely while your 360 is on, the Power Brick usually takes the major hit. The Power Brick is suppose to stop the surge from getting to your console and in most cases, the brick will be fried and not your console.

From past experience, we have rolling Blackouts here in California and it's common to see electricity either flicker or just go out completely. This happened to me a few times and there was only one time where I can remember that my Elite received the RRoD. It wasn't the console that had the problem, it was the brick. I noticed that my brick had a Red light which was causing my 360 to receive the RRoD. I just unplugged the cord to the brick and plugged it back in. VOILA! No RRoD.

In most cases where your console receives the RRoD, just turn it off and leave it off. Unplug all power cords and just let it sit for a moment. Then plug everything back in and try to fire it back up to see what happens. This worked for my older Premium and it might just work for you.:)