PDA

View Full Version : Catfish or Bat?

Penguin6412
09-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm just curious... What do you use more? The Catfish Glitch or the Bat Glitch?
You CAN choose multiple options... Just in case you use one for Insane and one for Normal.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, youtube them.

Joewee
09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
the bat glitch gives you more exp
im sure

Fruhmann360
09-10-2008, 05:46 PM
pipistrello (that's what i'm calling that bat, not batty/batly/whatever, and you should too!)

fighting pipistrello give you more exp. and personally, i think it's easier to to do, thus faster grinding.

Iron Guitarist
09-11-2008, 09:52 PM
The bat is probably the worst example of grinding in all video game history.

It takes 2-3 minutes just to get to the boss, and you get 10 more exp for twice the length of time.

Bat=fail

DinnerandaShow
09-11-2008, 10:47 PM

It takes 2-3 minutes just to get to the boss, and you get 10 more exp for twice the length of time.

Bat=fail

LoL! thats what I was thinking.

Relly66112
09-12-2008, 12:01 AM

Bat=fail

are you kidding? all you have to do is fight a few blob monsters, and they're so weak. and once you get to pipistrello, if you hug the left wall while the boomerang is behind him, he stays on the ground until he dies. on insane mode, that's like 2-3 levels each time, even at 70+. it's like 5 minutes of nonstop exp.

Pipistrello >>>>> Catfish.

negitorotemaki1
09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
are you kidding? all you have to do is fight a few blob monsters, and they're so weak. and once you get to pipistrello, if you hug the left wall while the boomerang is behind him, he stays on the ground until he dies. on insane mode, that's like 2-3 levels each time, even at 70+. it's like 5 minutes of nonstop exp.

Pipistrello >>>>> Catfish.
Does something change drastically in insane?

On normal:
Catfish gives you 600 XP.
Pipistrello gives you 650-700 XP and that's including all the blobs you have to fight.

It takes roughly the same time to kill the actual boss so the difference is really the blob fighting time. In the time it takes to kill the blobs, I might as well have killed another Catfish.

The only advantage I can think of is that after the bat, you get gold.

agentplatypus
09-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I DON'T GLITCH, YOU CHEATER!
I kid, I kid.
Pipistrello is easier for me.

Cpl MattBlack
09-12-2008, 01:21 PM

It just disappeared for me after the first time I killed him. Is there any way to reset the gold?

Also, I kill Pipistrello because i'm too much of a noob and keep getting the timing wrong on the catfish. I have no idea why but I just can't get it right.

Mother Beef
09-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Catfish, Quicker, Eaiser and i can get 600-653xp each time.

True I Skill
09-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Hm, just found out about the catfish one,
I tried it, But i cant seem to get my
boomerang behind it -.- It just flys right
past it, and comes to my hand, So
The bat one is my best, Just need to get up
to it on insane then it will be alot quicker :D

negitorotemaki1
09-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Also, I kill Pipistrello because i'm too much of a noob and keep getting the timing wrong on the catfish. I have no idea why but I just can't get it right.There's no need to time it.

Just get on your log (or other floating object), stand slightly above the Catfish (I stand where the water changes color), release the boomerang once the Catfish emerges and then move down to line yourself up with the boat. That way the boomerang can pass behind the Catfish and hit it on the way back.

A Satyr
09-12-2008, 07:20 PM
I do the battering ram, the barbarian, the catfish, the bat, and the corn boss...

Aussie Rage
09-13-2008, 03:05 AM

Bat=fail

Bat Fail = Yes
Insane Bat Fail = No
Reason being that it stands dead still in the top left corner and the cat fish keeps reseting its position for its lame hairball attack. So if you can get to the Insane bat on your own without having to be lv80+ then go the bat, not the cat.

Relly66112
09-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Does something change drastically in insane?

On normal:
Catfish gives you 600 XP.
Pipistrello gives you 650-700 XP and that's including all the blobs you have to fight.

It takes roughly the same time to kill the actual boss so the difference is really the blob fighting time. In the time it takes to kill the blobs, I might as well have killed another Catfish.

okay, i should have clarified. I meant Pipistrello on insane. I level up like mad on him. much faster than catfish.

MAXT3R
09-13-2008, 11:43 PM
actually it's quite boring to leveling up 20+ characters up to 99... so using pipistrello's glitch could be useful, and if you think about you reach pipistrello on insane once you finished the game, this is not a cheat to get new characters faster than the legit way...
I'd rather complete the game the legit way (lvl 30 is enough) and then go for insane pipistrello to save time and not get bored killing thousand stupid enemies...

RamHawk
09-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I can do the Catfish almost with my eyes clsoed. Not hard at all. Easy 660 EXP with Giraffey helping. I haven't tried on Insane with any of my other characters. I should try the Pipi-bat thing and compare.

undyingone
09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
i personaly use pipistrello bcuz its more xp and faster

Ubermedic
09-18-2008, 07:33 AM
I've just been using Catfish.
Mainly because I didn't want to put forth the effort to go figure out Pippy's glitch...

Hey, I'm power-leveling using a glitch, of course I'm lazy!