PDA

View Full Version : When I take my HD to a diffrent 360 no items.

QFC
09-10-2008, 09:34 PM
When I move my hard drive from the 360 in the living room to the 360 in the computer room all my stuff is gone. Both 360's are hooked up to the internet so both sign in to XBL. When I move my HD back to the living room every thing is back. Anyone else have this problem?

Xposure
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
The HDD is 360 specific.

Meaning, if you bought (example) an xbox 360 elite, and since it comes with a 120GB HDD. The data that is saved on that HDD is for that xbox 360 only.

Sorry if that is not clear. I'm a little tired. :[

UCB Disco
09-10-2008, 10:34 PM
The HDD is 360 specific.

Meaning, if you bought (example) an xbox 360 elite, and since it comes with a 120GB HDD. The data that is saved on that HDD is for that xbox 360 only.

Sorry if that is not clear. I'm a little tired. :[

Probably not said properly, but what you read from your text is not entirely true.

Okay. The stuff on your 360 hard drive that transfers (Meaning when you pull off your HDD and take it to another 360) are game saves, themes, gamer pics, etc. The hard coded things.

Stuff that doesn't "transfer" are things you've paid for. There is a locking system that doesn't allow you to actually move things from one 360 to the other. This will also include themes and gamer pics, but more importantly, arcade games and the content you earned through the game. That is locked on the hard drive you initially put it on. Technically, it is still on the HDD, it's just not accessible on other consoles.

And lastly, a question; Why do you have two 360s in the same household anyway? hahaha

QFC
09-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Probably not said properly, but what you read from your text is not entirely true.

Okay. The stuff on your 360 hard drive that transfers (Meaning when you pull off your HDD and take it to another 360) are game saves, themes, gamer pics, etc. The hard coded things.

Stuff that doesn't "transfer" are things you've paid for. There is a locking system that doesn't allow you to actually move things from one 360 to the other. This will also include themes and gamer pics, but more importantly, arcade games and the content you earned through the game. That is locked on the hard drive you initially put it on. Technically, it is still on the HDD, it's just not accessible on other consoles.

And lastly, a question; Why do you have two 360s in the same household anyway? hahaha

I know that but if you are loged on the XBLA you get all your stuff. When I'm on my 2nd 360 all my content is there, othe XBLA games, DLC, gamer pix, themes. I can still play all my stuff(since I'm log in to XBL). Just my save file from CC is missing. I think thats something that need to be addressed.

To anser your question about have 2 360's is because the main TV is well the main TV. If my wife wants to watch TV that bad I grab my hard drive and hall a$$ in to the computer room. Where I have 2 computers, 3 moniters and a Mini Fridge :). I used to have 3 360's but the other one RRoD on me. Since I was pulled apart and airbrused the warrenty is VOID.

undyingone
09-11-2008, 03:35 AM
ur cc saves might not show up cuz when you paid for cc the game is serial # specific which is why some ppl have trouble playing there arcade games on other 360s although this doesnt apply to all games or ppl this may not be clear but i tried helping lol

dolket i ryggen
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Try re-downloading the full version while on the other 360.
Had this happen to me and my stats weren't being saved.
I don't know if it was because I d/led the trial first because it didn't save stats on my console.
I only noticed it not saving while playing on my roommates 360 later.

XL MaGNuMz
09-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Hmm. I was able to keep mine just perfectly fine.

I Jables I
09-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Alright well the video on my 360 elite is broken and i have to send it in now. So does this mean when i get my 360 back all my saved CC data is gonna be erased now? Sweet...