PDA

View Full Version : Tips & Suggestions for Gamernet

Taintsaw
09-11-2008, 02:00 AM
I know many people have found different things to work for Gamernet Points.

WHat has worked for you?

The Guide recommends long drive, but MANY of the long drives are now "get 430+ yards but within 1" of rough."

I myself found par 3 close to pins to be pretty easy. Almost 250 x 2 (500-800) and its easy to /retry each time.

I'm only at about 7,000 gamernet points. So I'm looking for other suggestions.

I have seen the 9 round & 18 round games worth 1,500 x 2 which very reasonable scores, its just with the birdie streaks that can cause you to waste the entire round. Cause even 3000 / 18 is only 166 per hole.

- Taint

ShaunMichael80
09-11-2008, 02:01 AM
I know many people have found different things to work for Gamernet Points.

WHat has worked for you?

The Guide recommends long drive, but MANY of the long drives are now "get 430+ yards but within 1" of rough."

I myself found par 3 close to pins to be pretty easy. Almost 250 x 2 (500-800) and its easy to /retry each time.

I'm only at about 7,000 gamernet points. So I'm looking for other suggestions.

I have seen the 9 round & 18 round games worth 1,500 x 2 which very reasonable scores, its just with the birdie streaks that can cause you to waste the entire round. Cause even 3000 / 18 is only 166 per hole.

- Taint

use a max stats costume..and you can get 800 points each long drive

Taintsaw
09-11-2008, 12:24 PM
My problem is that many of the long drive competitions are just people who posted shots as close to the end of the fairway as possible. So you have to drive it like 20+x in order to get within an inch past them but not off the fairway.

But I love the points for it!

ShaunMichael80
09-11-2008, 12:53 PM
My problem is that many of the long drive competitions are just people who posted shots as close to the end of the fairway as possible. So you have to drive it like 20+x in order to get within an inch past them but not off the fairway.

But I love the points for it!

not in the long drive channel...those are in the freestyle channell...once you get them down ...their easy..i got 50K in 1 day

Steelhead
09-11-2008, 01:02 PM
not in the long drive channel...those are in the freestyle channel...once you get them down ...their easy..i got 50K in 1 day
I've experienced the same thing as the OP in the Long Drive channel. I think part of the scoring is "Hit fairway" rather than just driving the ball farther than the guy posting the challenge. So if they get the ball within inches of the end of the fairway, it can be tricky to outdrive them without leaving the fairway.

I'll double-check this evening but I'm 99.99% certain that these experiences were in the Long Drive channel rather than Freestyle.

ShaunMichael80
09-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I've experienced the same thing as the OP in the Long Drive channel. I think part of the scoring is "Hit fairway" rather than just driving the ball farther than the guy posting the challenge. So if they get the ball within inches of the end of the fairway, it can be tricky to outdrive them without leaving the fairway.

I'll double-check this evening but I'm 99.99% certain that these experiences were in the Long Drive channel rather than Freestyle.

Yeah those can be annoying and stupid..i HATE them..whats the point..those are like unbeatable...I hope EA corrects that next year...Those are a waste..i usually jsut load them up and look at them, if they are the inch on the fairway ones, i just quit out and get another

Steelhead
09-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah those can be annoying and stupid..i HATE them..whats the point..those are like unbeatable...I hope EA corrects that next year...Those are a waste..i usually jsut load them up and look at them, if they are the inch on the fairway ones, i just quit out and get another
I agree. Some of them are only 250-300 yard drives...very easily beaten distance-wise, but when theirs is right at the edge of the fairway, you're pretty much porked.
Like you, I usually just move on to the next one when I come across one of those.

WonderCaliban
09-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I agree. Some of them are only 250-300 yard drives...very easily beaten distance-wise, but when theirs is right at the edge of the fairway, you're pretty much porked.
Like you, I usually just move on to the next one when I come across one of those.

Last year the achievments were for people beating your challenges so you got producer points.

This year it's for beating other players challenges.

Hopefully next year it will be a combination of both so people post good, high points challenges which are realistically beatable.

I don't know why people post challenges like these long drive ones like these, no one beats them and they get no points for it.

dougiethe4th
09-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Search for Busted challenges (yes Busted) worth 200 points or more. The reason for busted is that they are actually beatable and you almost always get points from each challenge so you dont waste time backing out from the tricky end of the fairway/green ones.

Taintsaw
09-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I guess in the busted ones even know there 200 points less, probably much more likely to be just drives rather then drives within inches of a hole.

Basically what I started doing was as soon as I found a hole that was fairway all the way to the green I Just searched long drives in that.

Sure enough though on a couple it was people hitting the ball within 1" of the end of the green or on a lame piece of fairway behind the green.

There not unbeatable, but they are DEFIANTLY a challenge.

- taint

skuff
09-13-2008, 02:51 PM
another quick way is to get a friend to do the double eagle level trick, get them to get at least 3 doubles and the rest normal eagles on a 9 hole game. then all you have to do is beat there score which is very easy, and if its not busted youll get 2500+ every time, so youd only need to do that 20 times for 50k. it may take longer than long drive challenges, but its another good way of boosting your points