PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 2 - The Bachman-Turner Award

jds1469
09-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Im tring to figure out this achievement. Its Maintain deployed Over drive for 90 seconds. Now the wording of the achievement made me thing it could only be done on one song. There is a Canadian band named Backman-Truner Overdrive. Two members were Randy Bachman and Chad Allan in the band and both were in The Guess Who which does the song American Woman on the game.

I just cant see where you can get a long extented overdrive in this song. Am I way off or what

Th3 Apache Dog
09-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Im tring to figure out this achievement. Its Maintain deployed Over drive for 90 seconds. Now the wording of the achievement made me thing it could only be done on one song. There is a Canadian band named Backman-Truner Overdrive. Two members were Randy Bachman and Chad Allan in the band and both were in The Guess Who which does the song American Woman on the game.

I just cant see where you can get a long extented overdrive in this song. Am I way off or what The name of the achievement usually means nothing...just look at GH2;)It can possibly be done on any song.

TwistedFate
09-11-2008, 11:36 PM
You are reading way too much into this. You can do it on any song. The achieve name simply comes from the fact that "starpower" is called Overdrive in Rock Band and the name of a band is Bachman-Turner Overdrive. Soooo the achieve dealing with Overdrive is named for a band with Overdrive in their name.

Dla911
09-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Should be in the Rock band 2 forums i would think,

But when i read this achievement i was thinking maybe Dani California on the drums

RINGO
09-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Plus.....technically it doesn't say whether this is single player or band Overdrive..what if it meant just keeping your band overdrive going... in which case, this would be much easier.

TooMuchCowbell
09-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Or if your singing solo tour and you deploy overdrive while not singing, it doesn't drain. Same with in a tug of war match.

TwistedFate
09-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Or if your singing solo tour and you deploy overdrive while not singing, it doesn't drain. Same with in a tug of war match.

That may not be true in RB2. Since you can deploy the others when you don't have anything to play it would make sense if they removed it.

jds1469
09-12-2008, 02:17 AM
BTW there is not single player tour on RB2. Everything is done in world tour

MasterShake
09-12-2008, 02:30 AM
I got a copy of RB2 in my hands. I didn't see the Achievements posted, how can I help?

RINGO
09-12-2008, 02:30 AM
well....true..but I meant single player as in playing by your self vs playing with friends.