PDA

View Full Version : Forum Jump Re-Organisation

garbfink
09-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Just a quick thought to put forward.

Could the forum jump found at the bottom of the page be redone. All the games have been put into their various catagories and then organised alphabetically. I personally find this a little confusing.

My suggestion would be to simply have all games listed alphabetically. This I think would just make it easier without having to work out which catagory the forum you are looking for is held under.

For example if I was looking for Halo I might try looking for the FPS catagory however there isn't a FPS catagory so I now have to scroll down the list to see which catagory it could fall under which would be Shooters (makes sense coz of games like gears of war 3rd person etc) If everything was alphabetical then you just find the H's and look from there.

Also if you do know what catagory a game falls under then that is great but when you open up the forum jump list you then have to look closely at the list while you scroll down a number of games to locate the catagory first and then you can search for your game. again this would be easier if all games where just alphabetical.

Just and Idea anyways... do with it as you please.

G

agentplatypus
09-12-2008, 01:20 PM

Could the forum jump found at the bottom of the page be redone. All the games have been put into their various catagories and then organised alphabetically. I personally find this a little confusing.

My suggestion would be to simply have all games listed alphabetically. This I think would just make it easier without having to work out which catagory the forum you are looking for is held under.

For example if I was looking for Halo I might try looking for the FPS catagory however there isn't a FPS catagory so I now have to scroll down the list to see which catagory it could fall under which would be Shooters (makes sense coz of games like gears of war 3rd person etc) If everything was alphabetical then you just find the H's and look from there.

Also if you do know what catagory a game falls under then that is great but when you open up the forum jump list you then have to look closely at the list while you scroll down a number of games to locate the catagory first and then you can search for your game. again this would be easier if all games where just alphabetical.

G

I think this would be better too.

jorGe62990
09-12-2008, 03:38 PM

G
If you are trying to find the forum of a particular game, just press control+F and type in the game you are looking for.

garbfink
09-12-2008, 03:44 PM
If you are trying to find the forum of a particular game, just press control+F and type in the game you are looking for.

Thanks but I am talking about the form jump 'drop down' list at the bottom of most pages. Not the main Forum Page.

Nice hint though

G

Minty
09-13-2008, 04:00 PM
The quick jump is the same order that the forum is in....

Asian47
09-13-2008, 04:40 PM
The quick jump is the same order that the forum is in....
I think he means that he wants every game, released or not, to be put into the same list, but to make sure each game is listed alphabetically. Just like on the Xbox.com forums.

I think that it was a little messy, even though it was in alphabetical order. I prefer how the games are list on these forums.

garbfink
09-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Cool well like I said "do with this as you please" I just find the current structure in the drop down box a pain in the ass! The main forum page is fine though especially as you can ctrl+f to locate whichever forum you need.