PDA

View Full Version : Insame mode: Thieves Forest - 1player

FroZeNSouL
09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi just wondered if anyone has any tips for doing it solo?
I can do all of it without taking damage, till right at the end when the boss comes.

im 52 Blue knight (ice), Max strength, Max Magic, 3/4 Def.
Been using the Green Mace (+5 Magic, -2 Defense, +3 Agility +Critical Hit Ability) mainly, but just been trying the lightsaber too see if enimies week against electic, but didnt see much difference.

Im pretty good at jugaling, hence y no damage. But when attack the boss (big black thing) i stay in air while attacking. But then ill suddernly lose a tone of health, and may get 1 chance to take a potion, but then it will happen again, and im not really seeing any attacks, so dont know wats doing it, so cant avoid.

So wondered if any tips, or do u need to get the guy in the fire, or wat.
Havent tried. but would boomerang work?

thanx

Skull Kid
09-12-2008, 05:05 PM
I would recommend using another player, actually. Your best bet is to use the Industrialist, which you get for beating the game with the Blue Knight, so you should have him. His magic, when maxed out, can take out about half of the Troll's life before it even gets a chance to move.

True I Skill
09-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Single player on insane is VERY hard,
i Suggest just finding another player,
Get a random guy off xboxlive and
do the level, Atleast u can both
heal eachother if one stands back
and you attack then switch places
every time one of you die
and get re-healed

A Satyr
09-12-2008, 07:12 PM
I got to him as a lvl 36 brute, if you need help i can keep the little trolls away but i dont do much damage to the boss.

FroZeNSouL
09-12-2008, 07:58 PM
oki dokie.
yer thats wat i was thinking, I guess they made normal for ppl who wanted to play single player, and Insane to make you co op.
Kinda like a MMORPG, eventually u need to party up.

So im guessing also, some of the enimies/bosses are element based?
Resisting some magic? Worst i had trouble with was the Corn Boss on Normal

XL MaGNuMz
09-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Insane mode is really too hard to beat on your own. I highly recommend you find a buddy to help you because it will be 10x easier if you do.

Aussie Rage
09-13-2008, 02:45 AM
I would recommend using another player, actually. Your best bet is to use the Industrialist, which you get for beating the game with the Blue Knight, so you should have him. His magic, when maxed out, can take out about half of the Troll's life before it even gets a chance to move.

i have to agree, that buzz-saw magic is devistating to any Boss or enemy under the infuence of sandwichs, except the 2 boss's in the volcano land.

7ranslucen7
09-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Troll boss,insane,solo,blue knight, (which took me about 11 tries to do)

is probably one of the hardest match-up scenarios your gonna face in CC,

now when I did this i was roughly 61-62 using the +7def sword
with def/magic/str maxed, along with hawkster as a pet (recommended)

Now your gonna wanna start this fight off with max hp and
5 potions, which shouldn't be too difficult if you have hawkster
and the first three thieves running towards the left can be free
food targets if your a little short of full.

As soon as your start the fight your gonna wanna head right for him
inside the barn and dish out x,x,x,y,y combos as much as you can before
more trolls are spawned (because as soon as they stack standing freely
is almost impossible solo).

When he starts to make his way outward your gonna wanna head towards
the far left and either pull him towards the very top or bottom, your choice, but your gonna have to juggle(x,y repeating) on him while your on which ever side.

Now as soon as you get him down under half way he's going to start
moving out of his idle position, which is when it starts to get really difficult.

Theres two key factors into surviving as the blue knight here,
the fire on the left side will act as a semi helping tank to ward off
1-3 trolls which isn't that great but it still helps, and your magic.

Your gonna have to learn to maintain your magic because its the only
thing gonna keep you off the ground.using your jump(rt+a) and your regular ice(rt+y) whilst in the air.

At this point your going to want to freeze towards the left and right
depending on which side has more oncoming trolls, when theyre frozen
your gonna get an opening for a few hits on the boss.It's pretty
redundant after that point, just crowd control staying off the ground,
and run towards an open area if you have to let your magic rise a little.

Hawkster is gonna be your life saver here because
throughout the fight he usually pulls out over 1000 hp(roughly a potion with max defense stats) in food items.

The one thing your gonna have to always keep up is staying off the ground, whether u have to juggle smaller trolls to get to the big one
or magic jump around till you have a haven to sift your magic up.
The second your caught in between your gonna burn your entire hp bar
in a matter of two seconds.

It took me roughly 11-12 tries to finally beat him, which was very time
consuming considering you have to do the entire level just to get to him.

-cheers and good luck

FroZeNSouL
09-16-2008, 12:57 PM
ahhhh thankie very muchly
Thats pretty much what ive been doing, except for using hawkster.
Didnt realise it did that. Will give it a try.
Also my level isnt as high. Think i was lvl 53 when started, now 58 blueknight lol.
But im glad to see it is possible.
On my first couple of trys was getting him down to less than quarter health at my low level just juggaling!

thanx for advice, will give another go in a mo :D

APX
09-16-2008, 11:21 PM
I never really understood how to do the juggling trick, anybody have some suggestions?

I passed this on my 3rd try by just jumping and spamming the y button and if I fell, I just spammed my magic (Red Knight FTW) to get rid of a few and spam the y button again. :(

7ranslucen7
09-17-2008, 12:44 AM
When attacking an enemy you jump onto them with a and attack in a (x,y,x,y,x,y) repeating pattern so that keep yourself suspended in air constantly.

The troll boss on insane inst as difficult with other characters, this however is one of the hardest scenarios for the blue knight. ;o

Avek
09-17-2008, 06:10 PM
I have to beat that dragon boss now on insane mode (solo) but I'm 99 lvl red knight :P when u'll get to that "Bat" boss u should exp there to get higher lvl coz then U'll have better stats and more hp also I'm using Flaming Sword (+2 Str +2 Mag +2 Ag (Fire Ability)) or Barbarian Sword (+2 Str, -1 Mag +5 Def) and Snailburt (+5 DEF -5 AGI) or Spiney (+2 DEF).
With that set I had only problem with that Troll boss in forest. (But I had lower lvl when I was fighting with him)
Don't forget to take always with you 5 potions :P

Also thanks for that:

Hawkster is gonna be your life saver here because
throughout the fight he usually pulls out over 1000 hp(roughly a potion with max defense stats) in food items.
I didn't knew about that.