PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 ntsc

Taker447
09-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Ok so as the title says i'm looking at buying a american 360 to be able to play some games early. But my main question is, where can i purchase one. i know theres Ebay.co.uk but theres only a few on there. What i am wondering is there any websites that are set in the UK/Europe that sell NTSC consoles? Also what if i was to purchase a NTSC-J 360 would i still be able to play NTSC game on it? and my last question. What are the pro's and cons of owning a NTSC console in the UK. other than the obvious having to import games.

Thanks for any help. :)

UCB Disco
09-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Ok so as the title says i'm looking at buying a american 360 to be able to play some games early. But my main question is, where can i purchase one. i know theres Ebay.co.uk but theres only a few on there. What i am wondering is there any websites that are set in the UK/Europe that sell NTSC consoles? Also what if i was to purchase a NTSC-J 360 would i still be able to play NTSC game on it? and my last question. What are the pro's and cons of owning a NTSC console in the UK. other than the obvious having to import games.

Thanks for any help. :)

Well, first off, you need a plug converter (I haven't been to the UK, but I'm pretty sure you don't have the same electrical outlets as USA, Canada, or Japan). So make sure you have that, which I don't think is really that expensive anymore. Maybe like $10 (American) or so.

Other than that, importing games really isn't that difficult. Ebay usually sells boatloads of games for decent prices, so that would probably be your best bet, especially for overseas shipping.

As for the NTSC console itself, make sure it's either NTSC-U or NTSC-J (U for USA and Canada, and J for Japan). Obviously whichever one you get, you'll be needing to buy games for that specific region.

Now, to purchase the console, just keep a close eye on Ebay. You can also check out PlayAsia.com. They sell a lot of Japanese and American consoles and units, so you might be able to just get a straight-price for the console and have it shipped straight to you. I've imported a couple times from PlayAsia and have had nothing but stellar results.

Hope that helps.

JC
09-12-2008, 10:28 PM
I got my NTSC 360 of ebay.co.uk :)

It is your best bet as you don't need to pay any customs as it shipping UK to UK.

You can play games that don't come out here and stack games for extra GS too, all good.

You don't need a transformer or converter or anything like that either, I just use my UK power supply for my NTSC 360.

Taker447
09-12-2008, 10:34 PM
thanks for the replies so far.

Just wondering i most probs can but i am still a little unsure. I have my gamercard on a memory stick so if i was to chuck it into the NTSC console i would still be able to load it up and play on it as if my account was on the UK console yes?

Edit: Also are microsoft "cool" with us UK players playing games from the USA months early. or will they give the big ban out. or should i just play offline when playing a NTSC game?

Ruthless
09-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I got my NTSC 360 of ebay.co.uk :)

It is your best bet as you don't need to pay any customs as it shipping UK to UK.

You can play games that don't come out here and stack games for extra GS too, all good.

You don't need a transformer or converter or anything like that either, I just use my UK power supply for my NTSC 360.

I told him that, to be honest dude its not worth it as if you pay over 18/$40 for a 'new' game customs will fuck you. eBay.co.uk is your best bet if you really want one. :p

EDIT: No they wont ban you how can they? and yes the memory card just goes straight in as would a nice big 120 gb HDD!!! Also if the game you wanted was Rock Band 2 dont bother customs will bend you over proper style.

J.Waddo
09-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Ok, so let me get this straight, if I were to buy an American 360, could I recover my gamertag on it, play say, College Hoops 2k6 and complete it, would the gamerscore transfer over to my UK 360?

Hayden
09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Ok, so let me get this straight, if I were to buy an American 360, could I recover my gamertag on it, play say, College Hoops 2k6 and complete it, would the gamerscore transfer over to my UK 360?

You don't need to transfer your gamer tag over, Just plug your UK HDD into your US 360 and you will be playing the US console with your normal gamertag.

radar616
09-13-2008, 08:19 PM
The only problem is if the console dies M$ UK will send you a PAL console back, even though you sent in a NTSC model.

JC
09-13-2008, 08:56 PM
The only problem is if the console dies M$ UK will send you a PAL console back, even though you sent in a NTSC model.
No, you tell Support that you have a NTSC console and they will send it back to you or another NTSC 360. :)

You don't need to transfer your gamer tag over, Just plug your UK HDD into your US 360 and you will be playing the US console with your normal gamertag.

QFT. It is so easy to just bung your normal HDD on to your NTSC 360.

vI Starlight Iv
09-13-2008, 09:55 PM
im going shopping in new york in a few weeks may pick one up

Taker447
09-14-2008, 02:31 PM
No, you tell Support that you have a NTSC console and they will send it back to you or another NTSC 360. :)

Ah good i was wondering the same thing i thought it would be a major problem if it broke. Good to know all i need too do is tell them. Thanks for all the help everybody. :)

Ruthless
09-14-2008, 05:51 PM

I dont think that is true mate, as no one in the UK is supposed to have a NTSC console. You may wanna clarify that.

It wont re light anyway Taker as you will hardly play it. :p

Taker447
09-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I dont think that is true mate, as no one in the UK is supposed to have a NTSC console. You may wanna clarify that.

ha ha that is true. Think i'll have a surf round the net and check if he is right.

vI Starlight Iv
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
i fink he is when my cousin had an issue they sent him a ntsc console but he had no warranty due to the import so was billed 60 for it (standard repair cost)

JC
09-14-2008, 06:46 PM

I am pretty sure, Ruthless. Here is my source. :)

Linky > > > (http://forums.xbox.com/21296869/ShowPost.aspx)

And join the x360a group on 360 voice! ;) :p

Ruthless
09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
I am pretty sure, Ruthless. Here is my source. :)

Linky > > > (http://forums.xbox.com/21296869/ShowPost.aspx)

And join the x360a group on 360 voice! ;) :p

Doesnt bother me either way as i know someone who fixes anY 360 for 35, so do what ever Taker, its up to you :)

Also how do i go about doing the 360 voice thing?

JC
09-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Doesnt bother me either way as i know someone who fixes anY 360 for 35, so do what ever Taker, its up to you :)

Also how do i go about doing the 360 voice thing?
Just click the link in my sig, and then click the link in that thread to join the group. :)